[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 2 screens VGA/HDMI Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

I bought a new TV today to replace the old one. I had TV as the computer screen and I'm still having a TV computer setup. But I was wondering, my computer only supports a VGA set and my new TV only a HDMI. Well I bought an adapter in between them but I was thinking, is it possible to have this new TV with the VGA/HDMI and at the same time, the old TV with the VGA wire, showing both the same computer screen?

Basically the same image and then I'd have like 2 computer screens at the same time showing the same things.

Any ideas will be welcome incase you understood what I meant. Sorry for rough english, can't explain it better with my english skills. Tongue
I've got a similar setup than yours (VGA+DP) and when i need to have the SAME image on both screens, here is what i choose in windows 7:

[Image: duplicate.png]

If you want to have 2 different images, you will need to select "Extend these displays" instead.

No fancy software needed, everything is done from the OS.
You can do it through a window like that, or just press Windows Key + P and it choose 'Duplicate'.
in my computer i need hdmi for 2 screens work togheter and when i tryed with hdmi + vga my screens started to flash all the time so i recomend hdmi to both Smile
Yes thanks for help guys! Smile

Umm... Any ideas how to make something of it? Biggrin I mean I now have both screens on and showing this page where I'm replying Tongue I normally will use it to have computer and skype on the small screen and then PS3 games in the big so I can play with my mates Biggrin Makes it easier not to having to chance the channel everytime. But any ideas how to benefit from it in LFS or just on desktop if im not using it with PS3? Biggrin Ideas are welcome again.
if your tv have 2 hdmi so eatch other can have it to ps3 to just change channel between ps3 and pc Smile
Reference URL's