[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Bank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey!
I Wandered If We Can Have A Bank To Deposit And Withdraw Money.
Jack
NO NO NO NO NO... We shall not suffer the AFK bank bonusness EVERRRRRRRRR!
(2013-08-28 10:47)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]NO NO NO NO NO... We shall not suffer the AFK bank bonusness EVERRRRRRRRR!

+1

And without any interest, a bank will be useless (since we all already have a sort of account where all our money automatically goes... It's not like you have cash in LFS). So nope.

[offtopic]
Also I have a protip for you kyle-caz: You do NOT need to begin every word with a capital letter. It looks really weird and it seems like it's a pain in the crack to write that way... Only use capital letters in the first word of every sentence and proper nouns.
[/offtopic]
How Many Times Have You Been Told To Learn How To Use The Capital Letters Already?
Why will some people never understand the concept of suggesting something for the server? Explain and expand! Advantages of implementing this, disadvantages, how many banks on each server? Consider if it's been suggested before, find out why it wasn't a good idea then and think of a workaround.

I'm sure if you're not willing to make a slight effort towards your suggestion then Chuck won't make the effort to implement it to his insim.
I think it will be useful for a bank
Bank-1
I quite like the idea of a bank in terms of getting interest, but I think that's about it. If we started giving out loans, brand new players could be driving XFR's and thw whole concept of earning money to buy a car would be gone.
Well, the idea of a bank would be interesting IF and only IF there would be interest. Lemme explain my idea.

- You deposit cash in it. It gets "blocked" for "X" amount of time. When it comes back available, "X" interest made it fructify.
- You get a loan from the bank. You get "X" interest to pay it back in "X" amount of time. When not paid in time, "X" fees could be applied.
- Loans should be authorized depending on some criteria (Hours spent on the server, number of current cars, current money in the account/bank) to prevent new players from being able to buy an XFR, play like 2-3 days and never come back.

On the downside, that is some enormous amount of coding necessary to implement that. I don't think it's THAT necessary since we all already have a "bank" account and stealing money is not available on this server.
(2013-08-28 13:10)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]Why will some people never understand the concept of suggesting something for the server? Explain and expand! Advantages of implementing this, disadvantages, how many banks on each server? Consider if it's been suggested before, find out why it wasn't a good idea then and think of a workaround.

I'm sure if you're not willing to make a slight effort towards your suggestion then Chuck won't make the effort to implement it to his insim.

This right here.
Sebas hit the nail on the head for me! Totally and utterly agree with all the coding downside.

I'd have to say a -1 from me. Smile
TC isnt WKD and shit like that, so drive like everyone and earn money like us.
(2013-08-29 22:47)Monster Wrote: [ -> ]TC isnt WKD [...]

To be fair, nowhere did he state that is was and it's a valid suggestion.
Imo, a bank would be a great place to save some money, like half of your current wealth moneywise. It would get x amount of interest and prevents me going bankrupt from speed --. The enormous amount of coding is a con of course. Good suggestion either way!
(2013-08-29 22:47)Monster Wrote: [ -> ]So drive like everyone and earn money like us.

Interest is a lazy way of earning money. I don't think anyone has a problem with earning money because its pretty easy to get 10k after 30-40 laps in a uf1...
I think that there should be a bank on the server, but not for keeping your money. This is a Cops'n'Robbers server, so the banks should be only for robbing. I am thinking about two banks on each track. The amount of money you can rob shouldn't be very big (maybe >1k euros). Robbing the bank would be active if at least two cops are online at the moment. If you get caught, you pay the fine + 2x robbed amount, if not - you get away with the money. What do you think?
Then people (who are good at driving maybe) would be able to just make easy money off of doing that and again, it would be too easy to make money. Just my thought there Smile
Have a timer on that pr user and how often? If cops is afk its will also be disabled. Slow car? More money, fz5 less money.

I like that robbing idea
Yeah a timer would be good and sort of like the system like UF1 = +4 for driving; Faster Cars = +1 etc..

It'll make more roleplaying situations I guess. If this was ever put in place I just hope no one would just keep on spamming a robbery. Laugh
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's