[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Can't receive UDP packet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Everytime I want to join the server, I get an error message 'Cant receive UDP packet' ('Host ontving je UDP pakket niet' in Dutch). I have this problem for a week now, never had this problem before. It's not my firewall or modem. I can connect to other servers, but not to TC servers, but that are my favourite ones. Smile
I don't know what it is, maybe a problem on TC side or something like that? Are there any other users who cannot connect?
I hope someone can help me! Smile

Regards,
Jurgen
Can you actually see the server is the server list?
Yes. When I try to connect, it all 'works' (textures are loading etc.) but it stops at 'Waiting for guest info' and then I get the UDP error. Sad
Hmm. Must be your LFS, I reinstalled and it worked.
I have installed LFS on another pc, but I have the same problem. So I don't think it's my LFS.
I wish I could say anything clever but I can't. Issues at OVH usually go away within a few days. But as you are able to see our server in the server list and be able to start the connection sequence, it basically proves that the connection is ok.
If it's of any interest, the LFS server complains about not receiving UDP packets from your client.
If you got some time later, we could have some troubleshoot session.
I got the same problem 'Cant receive UDP packet' but i Think its network having some problem or anything but i still can join server thougt.
We were debugging earlier and it seems like his poor WiFi quality is dropping too many UDP packets so that the connection sequence fails. It connected once, but very poor.
Yeah but i sit on Cable thougt.
(2013-09-26 18:17)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]We were debugging earlier and it seems like his poor WiFi quality is dropping too many UDP packets so that the connection sequence fails. It connected once, but very poor.

Yes, but normally I use LAN. At that moment my router wasn't working, but it's over now. Unfortunately the problem is not over..Sad
Well, we can test again if you got the wired connection up. But the fact your router didn't work the other day raises the question whether it has some actual permanent damage, since that sort of hardware doesn't usually break on one day and work on the next again.
oh ok we did go to Telia and did get a new modem so gonna try lfs now soon better modem this time.
I'm currently having the same issue. Don't manage to see the server in the list but if I try 'Join specific host' and do it that way it keeps coming up with "Host could not receive UDP packet". I've tried updating my network drivers, disabling firewalls, restarted my comp + router but still nothing. Eventually asked my mate to try connecting to TC and he's having the same issue?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I can connect to other servers.
Same problem here, haven't been able to connect for a few days now.
I have same problem yesterday.
I have pc reapir friend,and he said the solution.
Pull over the modem power cable 30-40min.
after plugin,modem make new connection,pc restart,and try.
Work with me.

Sry for bad english.
My problem for i have 2x S2 account and one account creat server and i join another s2 account to serv and ''Host no recevied UDP packet''... Need help Tongue
Try connecting to [RC] Aston and let us know if you're able to connect there.
Yeah i can connect to [RC] Aston. Not TC though :/
I just tried Nomuken's suggestion and it doesen't help.
Apparently the map change has fixed it. For me atleast.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's