[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Guy in rangerover runs over bikers in NYC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-10-02 06:09)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-02 06:07)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]He had all right to protect his life and health and that of his family by all means necessary. Even if he had to kill others for it.

but he could go to jail for it.

No, you can't. If it was a matter of self-defense you may do EVERYTHING that is necessary. The judge will decide if the action was necessary and justified, keeping in mind that overreactions may occur due to panic, which may have been the case here. Being surrounded by hundreds of bikers certainly explains it.
(2013-10-02 07:04)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-02 06:09)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-02 06:07)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]He had all right to protect his life and health and that of his family by all means necessary. Even if he had to kill others for it.

but he could go to jail for it.

No, you can't. If it was a matter of self-defense you may do EVERYTHING that is necessary. The judge will decide if the action was necessary and justified, keeping in mind that overreactions may occur due to panic, which may have been the case here. Being surrounded by hundreds of bikers certainly explains it.

Depends on country, in Denmark if you decide to do self defence, you could get a jail sentance.
(2013-10-02 07:48)Lasse Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on country, in Denmark if you decide to do self defence, you could get a jail sentance.

Really?
' Wrote:Legitimate self-defence:
The concept of legitimate self-defence is defined in ยง 13 of the Danish Criminal Code.
Under Danish law, for a person to be considered as acting in legitimate self-defence and not
criminally liable, the response must be necessary in order to resist or avert an actual threat.
The response must not manifestly exceed what is necessary with regard to the danger
inherent in the attack, the aggressor and the importance of the interests endangered by the
attack.

Wouldn't make much sense other way around, would it? A pro-crime law? Like "I'm gonna kill you but you may not defend yourself or you would commit a crime". Hardly.
I have been investigating this thing abit, one of the bikers got paralyzed because he got run over by the rover. The rover guy is not being charged at all at the moment... If i were in the situation, i would have tried to pull over to let the bikers pass or if i bumped another biker, i would try to solve it right away by saying sorry and asking if the bike is okay etc... I red somewhere that some biker punched his mirror before he rolled over several bikers, even thought he knew he was gonna get beat up after he ran over the bikers, he got what he deserved.
Why exactly should he pull over to let them pass? They were swerving all over the road, in and out of traffic, while he held his lane and line. Jones, as a biker yourself, surely you know you're going to come off second best if you decide brake check a two ton range rover.
I saw somewhere in the social media that 1 human was killed aswell.
We talked about this in Law class, the bikers instigated the event as shown on camera, the man was trying to flee but the biker abruptly stopped in his way, he should have dialed 9-1-1 and run a few bikers down.

Yet another reason I feel bikes should be illegal, look how faster and badly they were maneuvering and acting in traffic, that was totally uncalled for. Every single one of them should be thrown in prison and have their bikes crushed in front of them.

This is the other reason bikes should be illegal, police forces around the US have stopped enforcing laws because it risks to many bystanders.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/nypd-lets-p...s-rampage/
(2013-10-02 10:36)joneszRR Wrote: [ -> ]I have been investigating this thing abit, one of the bikers got paralyzed because he got run over by the rover.

One biker got paralyzed, because he parked his bike infront of a man that was trying to protect his family from monkeys on motorised bike.
I would not call these individuals bikers, as they are a shame to proper bikers.
(2013-10-02 16:31)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the other reason bikes should be illegal, police forces around the US have stopped enforcing laws because it risks to many bystanders.

The problem is, these riders don't seem to know the responsibility of driving. As my father is a motorcycle enthusiast himself, he respects everything, and stays out of blind spots for his own safety. The bikers shown are known as "squids", which ride in a way to show off, with a lack of experience, and end up hurting themselves as a result. Educate the public, and it should lower douchebag drivers.

This is the same issue with guns, there isn't a point to banning them, educate the public that the're carrying a weapon, to kill the threat. Some people rely on a handgun to be safe, and threaten other people for the wrong reasons.
(2013-10-02 16:31)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another reason I feel bikes should be illegal, look how faster and badly they were maneuvering and acting in traffic, that was totally uncalled for. Every single one of them should be thrown in prison and have their bikes crushed in front of them.

Bit OTT isn't it? Not all bikes are ridden by morons, and not all morons ride bikes. To want to put a blanket ban on motorcycles due to a few (hundred) bad apples seems a bit harsh. Do you want to ban all cars due to a few bad drivers too?
The issue is even people who used to be in my Facebook friends list posted pictures with police cars chasing groups of bikes then stopping because the jackasses were putting innocent drivers in danger, you can't fix stupid. And sadly now the majority of bikers are jackasses not just casual nice guys. All my friends and friends dads who had bikes have sold them.

If you fire a gun in public without reason you will get in trouble, ride a bike in front of any cop in our area at over 50mph and you won't even get pulled over.

Don't get me wrong I used to love choppers. It's just bikes are unsafe even without cars around. There is no use for them, want to ride on 2 wheels you can pedal. (I used to have a dirt bike, but have long sold it)

Mine exactly, except I removed all the lights minus the headlight because I rode back country trails
[Image: 103289291-M.jpg]
(2013-10-02 17:43)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong I used to love choppers. It's just bikes are unsafe even without cars around. There is no use for them, want to ride on 2 wheels you can pedal. (I used to have a dirt bike, but have long sold it)

That particular argument could be used for a lot of things one of which you might not like, but unlike guns bikes are a very efficient mode of transport.
Especially in densly populated areas bikes can greatly reduce the amount of traffic.
Maybe it's just my part of the country but on the way home, which is 15 miles, today I saw 11 motorcycles. 9 were individual and 2 were together. 5 cruisers and 6 donor bikes. Of all 6 donor bikes none were within 15mph of the posted speed limit. 2 cut across from the far right lane to make a left hand turn(3 lane road) on the highway stretch 1 was was riding the white dashee lines and 1 was swerving between cars in excess of 100mph. The last guy was just doing 85ish in a 65.

Onto the cruisers the 2 riding together were doing between 40/45 in a very congested 25. Had one blow past me on a single lane road on the shoulder at least double my speed in a 35(about 37 or so) the others were just over 75 in a 55

Now crazy soccer moms in vans and suvs totalled about 25 of the several hundred to thousand cars I saw.
0 red lights were run
Average traffic speed was 5mph over thr posted limit

And I beg to differ about bike fuel efficiency and congestion. Bikes have no emissions standards and just dump out pollutants. We also have a very high carpool rate. Plus most people are too lazy to learn how to shift and or ride a bike.
Guns don't shoot people, but when it comes to bikes your logic gets reverted?
When i see somebody driving like a *Removed* obivously stereotypes are fun, but when it comes down to judging then you are better of judging the person and not the bike.

I also said nothing about pollution, but about space and energy usage.
(2013-10-02 19:47)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]unlike guns bikes are a very efficient mode of transport.

I don't know what you mean, I ride my AK47 to the shops every day, traffic just moves for me.
(2013-10-02 20:46)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]And I beg to differ about bike fuel efficiency and congestion. Bikes have no emissions standards and just dump out pollutants. We also have a very high carpool rate. Plus most people are too lazy to learn how to shift and or ride a bike.

Okay, let's ban all bikes in the US then.

In Finland for example, motorcycles have long been without much standards for emissions but it's rapidly changing as the EU wants to have cleaner engines for them and in here they are going to have a MOT for motorcycles soon which will test their emissions. Most 2-stroke bikes have gone off sale because they don't pass current standards.

Also, our carpool rate is nonexistant and everyone knows how to ride a bike. Even I can do it, though I don't have a license for it and would never want to ride one. (Although, I guess some people can't even drive manuals in the US? Culture difference!) Actually I hate 2-wheelers but I wouldn't want to ban them here. I like the idea of a vehicle that doesn't need much storage space or a proper parking spot etc.
Some bikers were annyoing the Range Rover driver and he ran over 3 bikers, later a ton of bikers follow him lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NjtAY8rSQ
Video has already been posted here: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...ver+bikers
Idiots had it coming. No sympathy for them.

Administrator Message by: BP

Threads merged. Post #37 and post #1 are probably of the same video (OP video is deleted though) but certainly of the same situation.
Those bikers seemed like massive gits at the beginning, driving so close to the car and everything on purpose... It's not politically correct to say this but I would've done the same as the Range driver Laugh (If I wasn't so worried about the dents on my car.)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's