[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Little LFS progress update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?...ost1823294

Interesting to hear Eric has been working on some new tracks, and also nice to see him being honest.
Well, that post is likely to be the biggest piece of work he has done in the last 5 years Wink
It's all very good but i'm not getting my hopes up before we actually see a nice new patch released.
Finally seeing this however, does make me a bit excited. Ohmy

Scawen Wrote:accepting that total realism is an unachievable goal.
Any news about the VW? Laugh
I'm glad they're at least still alive and, to a degree, motivated. Hopefully they're not just giving this information so we shut up for a few months though.

Ed: From what I've read, it sounds promising.
I was like "this must be a joke or a really old thread being bumped" when I saw this here ... lol ... but at least they've posted something now, even though I still don't get like all excited and stuff =P
It's good to see them working on new tracks though. Current ones are getting old to cruise on Tongue
(2013-10-08 17:14)Bruno_G Wrote: [ -> ]Any news about the VW? Laugh

Yes, It will be also available with blue Dutch oldtimer plates Tongue
Not even "tyre physics are harder than thought, will be longer"? thats suprising
(2013-10-08 19:23)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Not even "tyre physics are harder than thought, will be longer"? thats suprising

More like "tyre physics are harder than thought, I'm starting to give up"
Also, Scawen's working on getting 3D technologies working with LFS.

My best guess from this Twitter post is Oculus Rift support:

@Scawen1 - "Taking a week or two to add #3D support to #liveforspeed Side-by-side works already, driving views only so far..."

This however is probably wrong since in that thread he mentioned he was looking to add support for 3D TV's etc...

Still, a great little update. Exciting stuff. Wink
YAY! HE SAID WE'RE GONNA WAIT SOME MORE!!!
Pretty much what Leon said. At least they're letting us know they aren't dead though, that's good to know Tongue
He should rather take lessons in modern DirectX graphics, instead of that 3d toys that only 0,5% of LFS users would benefit from, if any. The current graphics system still dates back to 2003. That's 10 years! In the meantime we got huge video cards and multi-core 64 bit CPUs.
Wonder how much it will cost for s2 license to upgrade s3 then
The same old 12 pounds it costs for an S1 license or upgrade to S2 I assume.
There's a test patch out for the 3d testing.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=84420
What is the logic behind this? I thought they "introduced" new content years ago, did they just drop that for crappy 3D support that will probably not even work good for months?

I was tought in school to finish what I started..
Getting all excited!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's