[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Autumn Storms/Severe Weather Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Unfortunatly just seen on the news that the storm have had its first victim in UK. 14 year old boy missing after swimming at the coast.
Sweet jesus, The wind here just picked up all of a sudden. Just watch wheelie bins grind down the road.
Its horrendous here, flooding is terrible, roads closed, trees down, no let up yet
Things have gotten much worse here on the island.

Major floods, power out in a lot of places, trees blocking lots of major routes on the island

Recent gust at The Needles of 99mph being reported - Confirmed @ 05.40am

Power flickering constantly my part of island now..
There isnt any rain here yet on the mainland, just shit loads of wind lol
now confirmed 17 routes around the island now impassable..

Now forcasting a Sting Jet...

Highest winds recorded so far down south are from The Isle of Wight

(2013-10-28 05:57)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]There isnt any rain here yet on the mainland, just *Removed* loads of wind lol

Ashhhh..get in ya boat row to the island and bring me sausage rolls
Smile
Good gosh that wind! Ohmy
When I wake up today, some of the little trees near my street lost ALL their leaves o/
There's not much more than alot of wind here. Land is completely nuts, code red code red. Boohoo. I should get on my bike and see how fast I can go - with the wind pushing me, ofcourse. Rolleyes

Goodluck for you guys in England!
nightmare on islands road

Gust of 99 miles per hour have been recorded at the Needles Battery this morning and trees have fallen near Cowelease hill, Yarmouth road, Shorwell Shute, Tescos Roundabout, Forest Road, Beaper Shute, Mersley Lane, Forest Road, Calbourne MIddle Road, Afton Road, Briddlesford Road , Newport Road, Lake and Sandford Garage. The council's roads team are clearing these areas.

A power cable has fallen at the Blacksmith Arms on the Middle Road, the Road has been closed, but Burnt House Lane remains open.

Red Funnel and Hovertravel have suspended all services until further notice this morning.

Wightlink has suspended the Yarmouth/Lymington service but a coach service will be taking passengers from Yarmouth to Fishbourne at 7am where they can transfer their tickets, and the Fastcat passenger service has been cancelled. Islandline SUSPENDED due to overhead powerline down on tracks, Islandline services delayed due to trees on track at Brading
The Environment Agency has issued a flood alert for Monktonmead Brook in Ryde, also sandown,shanklin,brading,newport,bembridge

Some ferry crossing are now operational
Wow Saffy. Stay safe.
Im going to bet the area around Military road is taking a beating.
Hows Sandown beach in this?
The islands a mess, worst hit area so far from the storm.

Sand everywhere "sighs" big clean up now, the council are working flat out
Lake district is prittey bad, most of the mountain walks are shut off because of high winds, most of the roads are flooded and the lake is really high from torrential rain. On the way there we nearly got hit by a lorry that was caught in a gust of wind.

The UK is not used to such high wind and abnormal weather! Although, being the typical UK we do seem to exaggerate it a bit but be safe everyone Smile
There's nothing where I am except from a bit of rain.
Gusts of 99mph have been recorded at the Needles on the Isle of Wight, said the Met Office

and..

another low pressure approaching Wed into Thursday.

Gawd....
Nothing more than a drizzle and gusty here in the East Midlands. I did tell my mum there wouldn't be anything major but she insisted on staying up till 5am...

Humour warning (Click to View)
(2013-10-28 09:01)Saphira Wrote: [ -> ]nightmare on islands road

Gust of 99 miles per hour have been recorded at the Needles Battery this morning and trees have fallen near Cowelease hill, Yarmouth road, Shorwell Shute, Tescos Roundabout, Forest Road, Beaper Shute, Mersley Lane, Forest Road, Calbourne MIddle Road, Afton Road, Briddlesford Road , Newport Road, Lake and Sandford Garage. The council's roads team are clearing these areas.

A power cable has fallen at the Blacksmith Arms on the Middle Road, the Road has been closed, but Burnt House Lane remains open.

Red Funnel and Hovertravel have suspended all services until further notice this morning.

Wightlink has suspended the Yarmouth/Lymington service but a coach service will be taking passengers from Yarmouth to Fishbourne at 7am where they can transfer their tickets, and the Fastcat passenger service has been cancelled. Islandline SUSPENDED due to overhead powerline down on tracks, Islandline services delayed due to trees on track at Brading
The Environment Agency has issued a flood alert for Monktonmead Brook in Ryde, also sandown,shanklin,brading,newport,bembridge

Some ferry crossing are now operational

More and more reports came in after i posted this..was shear mess this morning..Great work the Council workers are doing to get the islands roads,power lines, phone lines and the commuters around the island

@ Ras, take care ok, the storm is fast approaching and pressure dropping fast..there is also more swirl as it passes out NE..i can get lots of data if you want it
"BBC weather forecasters said the highest gust of wind at 99mph (159km/h) was recorded at Needles Old Battery, Isle of Wight."
Read that on bbc's website.
Oh sorry Saffy didnt see you had posted it too lol. Thats what happens reading the forum on my phone
(2013-10-28 10:39)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing more than a drizzle and gusty here in the East Midlands. I did tell my mum there wouldn't be anything major but she insisted on staying up till 5am...

So who's that Meg, heard she's like a bleeding balloon
[/quote]

So who's that Meg, heard she's like a bleeding balloon
[/quote]

Dont take this off topic please..lives have been lost in this storm that swept the UK and probably more will be lost. Emergency services are doing a brilliant job..

@ Ras again

The low from UK is deepening and heading Denmark's way, Your now on high alert. Just gathering more data/GFS,NAE,models for you Ras.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's