[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: My computer sucks again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

What do I have to do in order to have epic LFS graphics?

If I right click Computer and hit Properties, it says the following:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3,20GHz
12GB Ram

I don't know where in the computer it says what graphics card I have, but the box it came in says:

Radeon R7770 Black Edition Overclocked 1095m 1GB D5 DP HDMI 2XDVI

To me, this sounds like a hellraising, stealth fighter jet from the future, capable of 3x the speed of light, but being computer stuff it's probably from the stone age.

Anyhoo, if I max LFS' graphics settings and the "AMD Vision Engine control center" I get 20fps and 20fps make me sad.

Help plox?
The usual crap, check for background tasks.

I'd also check the skin sizes for the skins you have a copy of in the skins (not skins_x) folder, mainly that the ones you primarily or any other people on the server are in 4096 area.

However, with your spec-I'm surprised that your computer is getting that poor level of FPS.

Restart perhaps?

"Have you tried turning of an on again?"

Either that or you've set your FPS limiter to like...20.

If not, try .dds file sizes or view distances (for detail).

Failing that, try the LFS Forum.

p.s. Ironic how for once, I'm giving advice not the other way around. ._.
(2013-11-01 02:25)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]The usual crap, check for background tasks.

There are none out of the ordinary as far as I can tell.

(2013-11-01 02:25)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also check the skin sizes for the skins you have a copy of in the skins (not skins_x) folder, mainly that the ones you primarily or any other people on the server are in 4096 area.

Huh?

(2013-11-01 02:25)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]However, with your spec-I'm surprised that your computer is getting that poor level of FPS.

Restart perhaps?

Doesn't help.

(2013-11-01 02:25)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]Either that or you've set your FPS limiter to like...20.

It's set to 50, because it fluctuated from 120 to 60 all the time.

(2013-11-01 02:25)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]If not, try .dds file sizes or view distances (for detail).

What?
Have you tried updating your graphic card driver(s) ?
Well not the best rig, but at least to my knowledge it should get you more than 20fps.

Few things i would try:

- keep the system clean, anything that runs in your background and is not needed while you play will slow the system down
- defragment your drive, unless you have an SSD
- update the drivers for your hardware
Got a weaker system with a 1GB 5870, what i did to enhance the framerate was:
You can also save this for LFS only, in case it's just it causing problems
I have an equivalent graphics card from Nvidia, and I can easily get about 100 in LFS, with some fairly high settings, and a large monitor as well. This is definitely an issue caused and can be fixed with playing around with some post processing settings.

Another thing, if you run LFS on full screen, activate VSync, as it "caps" it at 60, or whatever frequency your monitor goes at. I put the limiter to 65, in case I run it windowed, I get the same framerate.
Maybe I should mention that I'm an ass with computers. I assumed everyone knew that by now Sad
(2013-11-03 19:29)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I should mention that I'm an ass with computers. I assumed everyone knew that by now Sad

Yes, we all know that. If you ever get into a situation like this, It helps to have an idea on how everything works. You don't need to be an expert, but having some knowledge will go a long way.

I'm not too familiar with the AMD Vision Engine Control Center, since I use an NVidia GeForce Card instead of a Radeon.

There should be an option to reset AMD Vision Engine Control Center back to its factory settings within the program, if you decided to tinker with any of its settings there.

If you want a better looking LFS, get higher resolution textures instead, it'll look a whole bunch nicer and get a better frame rate than using effects forced by the driver (a driver is what controls the graphics card, to make it work the way it should). If you want, I can share my texture folder, and it'll look better than what came originally with LFS.
Hi!
Leon,i try help,but my english bad.
I think,your pc/netbook 5x better than mine.
[Image: N_vtelen-2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]
And i use Ati radeon HD2600 256Mb(!!) 128 bit(~really old pc)
And i have 19"monitor

LFS not good configurated i think,i show my settningh,maybe help.
FakeDeath said .dds files.This is the texture file(Road texture,barrier texture,etc.)
I use only 4096x4096 skin,and all SO member (sometimes 10 member online.)
I use this settings:
[Image: lfs_00000070_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]
Here only 2 player on server:
[Image: lfs_00000071_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]
I think,this is the problem:
[Image: lfs_00000072_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]
And my Graphic look like:
[Image: lfs_00000073_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]
This is not good,but not bad.

If it does not work...
Try download new lfs(dont del old lfs)
Try use default ddf folder.
I hope I helped. Please do make an image

SO.Nomuken Smile
I'm sorry guys. I should've started with screenies. These are the settings I want:

[Image: Graphics_n_stuff.png]
Can it have something to do with my screen resolution and Hz? I don't even know what those things do.
nope, anti aliasing is probably thw biggeat fps killer you have right now, try turning it off in the video card drivers and in lfs and see what happens.
Huh. I have zero performance difference with anti aliasing on/off with my i5 system (20-25fps no matter what)...the only issue with my pc is that it wont start with AA on.

I would totally avoid using any AMD tools to enhance anything graphically. Only the drivers. Wink
But the AMD thingy makes it so much nicer Sad

I tried turning off AA and immediately got a significant increase in FPS, but the game then looks like shit.
Just avoid any "graphic changes" via the AMD tool. Most of the time you wont see a difference but yet the game works slower.
Reference URL's