[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Scawen's Birthday + a small status update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Scawen Wrote:Thank you very much for the birthday wishes which were nice to read!

I've had a nice day at home with my family. The UK public sector strike was on a good day for me, because it meant Leo's school was closed. Nicole doesn't go to school on Wednesdays anyway so that meant we were all at home!

I have not worked today of course but recently I've been continuing with the tyre model. Specifically I've been improving the non-real-time tyre carcass model so it can correctly predict the stiffness in various directions and contact patch width / length for a given deflection at various camber amounts and pressures, for all different tyre sizes. It's a long time I've been on that, I know, but the gradual improvements in that will make the real-time model much closer to reality, so I think it's the right thing to do.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes!

Quoted since no-one has done so yet.
Thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=77169
Sweet, but no date when they will release it Sad Have taken so long time.
Bloody hell.. we actually got update progress? Ohmy
Sounds like it's far from done lol.
Pre-release like minecraft!
The post that he made basically suggests he's nowhere near finishing it / hasn't done much work on it since the last progress report.

Disappointed. Was really hoping for updates this Christmas.
There's real cars in LFS already working on an inaccurate tire model. I still don't understand why we can't enjoy using the Scirocco and Rockingham while the tire physics are in progress.

Oh well, at least LFS will suddenly become about twice as awesome when everything is released Smile
Maybe he has planned on releasing it this Christmas as an suprise. Scirocco and Rockingham that is. Hopes so.
(2011-12-01 13:45)NVK Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe he has planned on releasing it this Christmas as an suprise. Scirocco and Rockingham that is. Hopes so.

I do hope so to. Smile
Realistically we may see this update next christmas.
(2011-12-01 14:47)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]Realistically we may see this update next christmas.

-ScaredCryingUnsureCursing

Sooo long..
Cursing typical of Scawen.
(2011-12-01 14:47)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]Realistically we may see this update next christmas.

Or the one after that one Crying
I'm okay with this. I just wish that Eric uses all this free time to make more cars and maybe another new fictional track.
Next xmas? Lol I give up on LFS.
(2011-12-01 17:14)Stevo Wrote: [ -> ]Next xmas? Lol I give up on LFS.

I agree on that.
I have already given up on LFS.

Their progress is way too slow for my liking.
(2011-12-01 17:12)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]I'm okay with this. I just wish that Eric uses all this free time to make more cars and maybe another new fictional track.

Lets not push it. Still waiting for the VW's to come -.-
Doubt we have any understanding how complex the task ahead of Scawen really is, so i am perfectly fine with it's done when it's done.

The VW's was not released, because the ESP wasn't working properly with the tire physics and Scawen doesn't release half arsed stuff.
(2011-12-01 17:33)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]...Scawen doesn't release half arsed stuff.

Very true.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's