[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New COP Join system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right Cops,

We all know about this new system for where cops need to be within 100m's for 10 seconds.
But i think this is a little too much, a bit of trial and error may be needed?
It takes ages to finally get into chase mode when you are behind them then you just get out of range at 8/9 secs and you need to start again, prolonging the time until you earn money.
Maybe we could try 5 seconds?

I'm sure that some will agree?

Thanks
I wasn't aware the timer reset if you lost distance before the first 10 seconds was counted.

I do like the fact only cops who have active interaction in the chase get rewarded, but It is definately a struggle trying to get in chase mode. It can be annoying when you have had an input in the chase, even busted the suspect, yet get no reward.
(2013-11-13 21:26)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't aware the timer reset if you lost distance before the first 10 seconds was counted.

I do like the fact only cops who have active interaction in the chase get rewarded, but It is definately a struggle trying to get in chase mode. It can be annoying when you have had an input in the chase, even busted the suspect, yet get no reward.

Yeah the counter resets once you leave the 100m zone, but yeah it's a good idead - i can go and pit if i'm not in the chase yet! It has its ups and downs!
(2013-11-13 21:26)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't aware the timer reset if you lost distance before the first 10 seconds was counted.

Ah yeah, I asked Chuck the other day, forgot to pass it onto you.

10 seconds is a bit excessive, especially as you said, if you've had input in a chase yet get no reward.
Yeah I've come into a chase where they are just about to bust the suspect but he escapes out of a box. I come in and help them out and bust him myself but within the 10 seconds and don't get a reward, I'd say +1 to having it at 5 seconds instead and see how things pan out from there! Smile
I also notice a lot of the time if Cop 1 was to spin out and you are just outside the 100m range as cop 2 you loose the suspect because you are not in chase mode. Its a great idea and i really like it but it does need some tweaking. +1

No more Autobahn suspect losses! Biggrin
Well, we could try with the 5 sec one.

(2013-11-13 23:21)LuckyLukeT Wrote: [ -> ]I also notice a lot of the time if Cop 1 was to spin out and you are just outside the 100m range as cop 2 you loose the suspect because you are not in chase mode. ...

That is not supposed to happen anyway, even before the new system. There exists a magic 200m limit in which "premature joins" may occur in case the last cop in chase lost contact and the chase would be lost. That's when the "xxx is taking over the chase"-message is shown.
Yea I that 'xxx is taking over' message was a good touch, I like that Smile
Yeah, I was discussing this on teamspeak the other day for 5 seconds and I also agree with Connor with the xxx is taking over message Smile
The 10sec is too long... Anyway, there might be a fault. I always clearly within 100m for at least 30 seconds but I was still in join mode and we ended busting him and I didn't get anything for it.
(2013-11-22 19:00)Edwin Wrote: [ -> ]The 10sec is too long... Anyway, there might be a fault. I always clearly within 100m for at least 30 seconds but I was still in join mode and we ended busting him and I didn't get anything for it.

Yes,

Experienced this too, but found a "Hand-Made" solution.

When you know that you reached the 10s limit, you have to go a bit back , like 150m, and then it will change from JOIN to CHASE mode.

I mean, when you are in the " Join modus " and completed the 10S near the chased user , you have to leave that 100m, to 150 or 200, and then it will set chase modus...

The only solution I found so far, so let's hope they sort it soon, the old system was pretty much better compared to this.

5s or just remove it.
Quote:we didn't ask for it...

Even if we didn't ask for it, we should be happy that there are regular insim updates. Wink
It's just a bit disrespectful.
We sort of did ask for it. I think this has been put in place to stop the autobahn incident where you are driving the opposite direction to the suspect.
(2013-11-22 19:12)Edwin Wrote: [ -> ]We sort of did ask for it. I think this has been put in place to stop the autobahn incident where you are driving the opposite direction to the suspect.

Yeah that was it's main purpose, but 10 seconds is a little excessive.
Well now we can see it's been altered to 130m and 5 seconds I'm pretty sure we'll agree that this better Smile
Works great now at 100m for 5secs. I have no problem joining the chases Biggrin
Gonna bring this thread back. This reduction is a really bad idea for Sydney. I just lost a chase because I didn't have the opportunity to join properly.

In this chase, the chase went into effect almost immediately and I had yet to actually join the chase. By the time I turned around, I was in chase most with a suspect halfway down High Street. Unsure (Click to View)
For sydney, could we extend the time again? 100m here is much different than 100m on Westhill.
The old system was flawed, this is far better. There are far fewer cases where people lose a chase now than their were but nothing is going to be perfect for all situations. Accept this.
Indeed,

In SouthCity it's better to !join when you are sure that you will be in the way or near the chase which is in progress.

This system is now much better, there's no point on changing it, the problem is not from the Insim , it's the cop who is too late in his reactions.

Before you didn't have even 5 seconds so... Smile
While this new system is better, it is still flawed.

It's possible to join a chase that's on the High Street on Sydney, yet as you are leaving the safe zone, it passes in the opposite direction down Highway 1. Due to the fact the suspect has to travel slower through the roundabout, they're within the required distance long enough to switch to chase mode, and by the time you've got out of the safe zone and u-turned to follow them along Highway 1, they've accelerated into the distance and you lose contact before you've really started.

I'd like to suggest a return of the old 10 second system, but only for cops that are in the safe zone. That would hopefully stop this happening. I know it's not just me it has happened to.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's