[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Money Sink
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Eventually, when a game is using currency, the amount of money in the game/server is building up all the time. This can cause a loss of the value of money. My idea is, that the inSim would update its system and add a new feature called Money sink. Money sink works as a 'sink' where you can drop an amount of money you want to drop. This would happen by a command, such as !sink 1000.

Along the feature, users could have a new line on !stats list, called
''Sink: <€amount>'' and a new line at inSim licence page.

This feature can be used to have a certain number, in example 60000,
or to compete with your friends, who has sunk the highest amount of money.
I see no point on this one.
(2013-11-23 10:34)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]I see no point on this one.

+1 What's this for? You haven't really explained enough, maybe expand on it?
Just useless imo
like a bank?? lold
Just to make sure everyone understands it,

No, it wouldn't be a bank. You throw an amount of cash down the sink and you would not have it back.

Quote:Eventually, when a game is using currency, the amount of money in the game/server is building up all the time. This can cause a loss of the value of money.
Why would anyone do that? I don't understand... so if this system was undergoing then I would just throw away some money?
That makes absolutely no sense, I'd never do that! XD
I don't see how you can't understand the OP. It's quite clear.

The point would be to ditch some money to five yourself a sort if reset. A bit like sending money away or hitting !pay when you have too much and want to start again.

Using the command, we can log it and show stats.
I would like this

Thumbup +1
Buy a car > Money goes to insim > Service car - Takes money > Car runs to 0% > Money has gone.

Speedtraps > Money has gone.

Swearing fines > Money has gone.

insim fines (eg. Towing €500) > Money has gone.

Speeding > Money has gone.

There's probably a few more ways than I'm not aware of. There's no need for money "sink" the current insim disposes of money already. Yeah people will build up their own money. They can always ask an admin for an account reset if they feel they've reached the end of their fun gaining money.
If you want to waste money, go rent a GTR and enjoy the average of about -2,000€ a lap Tongue
If you've got too much money, you aren't driving fast enough Wink
Due to the way the insim handles money, there's no real inflation or deflation here... Because prices ingame don't change, money will only lose its value to single players and I'm sure there's more creative ways to lose excess money than to just burn it.

If you have too much money, you could hold competitions, buy random cars for fun, speed around all the time, give money to poor new players, give money to old players, give money to your friends, buy more stuff, pay traffic fines. Smile
Hmm, maybe if the value of the money decreases (as most people that play on the server has a wealth of 200,000+) maybe the cost of cars should increase to match the value of the money? Like in the real world.

Just a random thought, linking to this suggestion Smile

Although as AJ has said, money does only loose its value to a single player usually.
Be nice (as you have said you are) and send your "extra" moneys to someone. Some of your friends maybe. And why don't buy a GTR car and drive quickly? Theres plenty ways to get rid of money, I think this idea is pointless.
Isn't there also a /pay command?
They used to be, not sure anymore because it was used as part of the fining system for cops, then the new system came in.
(2013-11-24 10:56)Kyllone Wrote: [ -> ]Be nice (as you have said you are) and send your "extra" moneys to someone. Some of your friends maybe. And why don't buy a GTR car and drive quickly? Theres plenty ways to get rid of money, I think this idea is pointless.

+1; still don't see the point in this as there are so many ways to get rid of money, more 'practical' ways as well.
Reference URL's