[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: DayZ Standalone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ah, that's wonderful. Almost lost the interest in buying DayZ Wink.
(2013-12-19 13:15)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]Dean fixed the hacking problem!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/to...cter-wipe/

But on the downside everyone has to collect their gear again!

Here's what I've collected in just an hour of playing (Running north when spawning is the best idea)

And all of that gear has been lost due to me logging in while in a barracks and getting shot pointlessly.

Found a Mozen though with ammo Biggrin They are wicked!
So today Me, Leon, Sinoco & Dowpy played together. We regrouped up then headed for the NW airfield, which was deserted.. Apart from the odd zed that we encountered there. May have something to do with being on a night server, but meh no action tonight.

Leon thought he could chop wood from a tree..
[Image: 5S9zU.png]

I found myself a Mozin with a PU scope! Testing it out on Leon's head because he was trying to chop a telephone pole down..
[Image: 5S9An.png]

And finally... Dowpy overdosed on antibiotics and jumped off the roof of the firestation... *He says he fell..*
[Image: 5S9BB.png]

Poor Dowpy awww.. We ransacked his body shortly after Tongue
Freaking antibiotics Sad
Man I want this, but I want cars and trains first. My real life zombie plan involves grabbing the guns from the gun safe. Hopping into the rabbit, heading to the NS depot 3 miles northeast of my house, load the car into a box car or a flat car. Etc, so not realistic til I have either of those lol
New updates ready to be released.

Closed test in progress
New:
Config: added anim hooks for zombie feeding(should allow for zombie to deal damage to unconscious players)
Config: greeting with 2 handed weapon now possible without disarming
UI: Inspect option in the inventory screen (shows item in 3D, draft system only)
Engine: Servers with incompatible version marked in the server browser
Engine: The „Player uses modified data“ message is removed from CHAT
Design: you can craft splint and fix broken limbs with it
Design: players who disconnect when unconscious will die
Design: players who disconnect when restrained will die
New weapon: Magnum .357 Revolver + ammo |
Fixed:
Config: removed a small delay before the animation for un-shouldering a weapon starts playing when changing weapons (kneel and prone)
Config: fix a minor issue with one handed items not being correctly placed in right hand for a surrender transition
Config: m4 bolt and magazine animation improved
Config: adjusted collision shape for armed player(should fix occasional issues going up stairs)
Config: fixed an issue where unshouldering/shouldering weapon while moving forward caused the player to stop
Animations: Sprint updated (Unarmed) - Unarmed sprint faster now
Animations: Mosin Nagant Reload - Hand doesn't clip into scope when opening and closing bolt after each shot, weapon more stable now
UI: Early Access warning dialogue
Engine: Fix of players being able to talk globally when dead through Direct Chat
Design: damage is transferred from closed can to open one
Design: licking a battery now displays the battery's state properly
Design: wooden sticks model fits inventory slots better now
Crash: Occurs when pushing details twice on MP server browser
Engine: Updated rain texture with refraction
Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally
And the two updates before that one. Wink
(2013-12-20 08:25)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]And the two updates before that one. Wink

Previous updates just for Sinoco Wink
Previous Changelogs (Click to View)
Topic from Rocket (Dean Hall) about what we should expect very soon!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/to...-for-dayz/

(2013-12-20 07:15)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]New updates ready to be released.

Closed test in progress
New:
Config: added anim hooks for zombie feeding(should allow for zombie to deal damage to unconscious players)
Config: greeting with 2 handed weapon now possible without disarming
UI: Inspect option in the inventory screen (shows item in 3D, draft system only)
Engine: Servers with incompatible version marked in the server browser
Engine: The „Player uses modified data“ message is removed from CHAT
Design: you can craft splint and fix broken limbs with it
Design: players who disconnect when unconscious will die
Design: players who disconnect when restrained will die
New weapon: Magnum .357 Revolver + ammo |
Fixed:
Config: removed a small delay before the animation for un-shouldering a weapon starts playing when changing weapons (kneel and prone)
Config: fix a minor issue with one handed items not being correctly placed in right hand for a surrender transition
Config: m4 bolt and magazine animation improved
Config: adjusted collision shape for armed player(should fix occasional issues going up stairs)
Config: fixed an issue where unshouldering/shouldering weapon while moving forward caused the player to stop
Animations: Sprint updated (Unarmed) - Unarmed sprint faster now
Animations: Mosin Nagant Reload - Hand doesn't clip into scope when opening and closing bolt after each shot, weapon more stable now
UI: Early Access warning dialogue
Engine: Fix of players being able to talk globally when dead through Direct Chat
Design: damage is transferred from closed can to open one
Design: licking a battery now displays the battery's state properly
Design: wooden sticks model fits inventory slots better now
Crash: Occurs when pushing details twice on MP server browser
Engine: Updated rain texture with refraction
Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally

Update is now live on stable! Enjoy these new features Smile

Saw this couldn't stop laughing xD
Here's some screenshots again! From gameplay today. We had an event that was unfortunate on Howlin's life.

Old one from 2 days ago. Showing it raining inside and the trick with items.
[Image: 5TbWt]

Leon using the same trick with some cereal.
[Image: 5TbYc]

Leon found a nice hiding spot. Smelt alittle.. Not sure if that was just Leon's smell or the toilet.
[Image: 5Tc13]

Caught with my pants down.. Litrilly showing my sexy little stary blue cheekies.
[Image: 5Tc2a]

New part of the map up North. The newly added Rail Bridge.
[Image: 5Tc3b]

Told Leon I was watching him... He couldn't even spot me from this house. Love this Mozin!!
[Image: 5Tc4k]

My character with the beautiful Mozin Biggrin
[Image: 5Tc5G]

Leon found a Zed waiting for a bus.. Leon let the poor down softly with a shot to the head. Tongue
[Image: 5Tc7e]

Howlin joined us! He was enjoying it already with his shades and green raincoat Biggrin
[Image: 5Tc8L]
[Image: 5Tc9X]

Love this PU scope for the Mozin & its in perfect condition! So no smashed lens.
[Image: 5Tchd]

So now to the tragic story that ended Howlin's life quite drastically... So I left the PC to use the toilet for about 5 minutes.. While I'm away my little brother (Who's 12) Grabs the mouse and takes 5 shots at Howlin, 3 hit him and he died... While Leon was cowering behind the door.. I come back to hear that howlins been shot by myself. Howlin thought I was messing about with him when one of the shots missed him so he didn't run for it or something. I turn to look at my brother and he's grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Poor Howlin.. Leon crying over his body, then looting it while telling Howlin "We haven't taken any of your stuff"
[Image: 5TchZ]

Enjoy DayZ Guys!
lost my raincoat! ;_;
hope leon picked it up Tongue
(2013-12-20 23:03)HOWLINmad22 Wrote: [ -> ]lost my raincoat! ;_;

Never get attached to your items. You will die and they will be gone. That being said...

MY DEFIBRILLATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: crying-slide.gif]
i will miss that coat tho :c
it was waaaay more important than a stupid, useless defib Tongue
(2013-12-20 23:08)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]

Never get attached to your items. You will die and they will be gone. That being sad...

The defibrillator that didn't even bring people back from the dead.. That only works for bringing unconscious people back.. (Dowpy after his clumsy fall from taking too many antibiotics)
(2013-12-20 23:10)Bez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-20 23:08)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]

Never get attached to your items. You will die and they will be gone. That being sad...

The defibrillator that didn't even bring people back from the dead.. That only works for bringing unconscious people back.. (Dowpy after his clumsy fall from taking too many antibiotics)

ARE YOU QUESTIONING THE POWERS OF THE DEFIB?!?!?!?

I could revive any unconscious *Removed* an unlimited number of times, now that is power.
Few more screen shots before I go off to bed. We travelled to the shipwreck to take alook at it.
[Image: 5TpaB]
[Image: 5Tpbi]
[Image: 5Tpcn]
[Image: 5Tpd4]
[Image: 5TpdL]
[Image: 5Tped]
[Image: 5Tpf8]
[Image: 5TpfO]
[Image: 5Tpgo]
[Image: 5Tph9]
[Image: 5Tpi7]
[Image: 5TpiC]

Pretty fun night exploring Smile
and i got my coat back Heart
I want to just to explore the map gta style. It looks massive!
Today we put out hands on our hearts for the loss of Leon. He was jump attacked by a random guy who shot on sight.

But before I tell you the tragic story about what happened here's a few screenshots!

Howlin and Leon doing the Wiggles.
[Image: 5U3uH]

Leon: "What's poking me in the ass Bez..."
[Image: 5U3vp]

Howlin's beanie collection came to an end. He wanted to leave something behind for other survivors.
[Image: 5U3w5]

Found these lovely stairs in Guba, a new docks that isn't complete yet.
[Image: 5U3wP.png]

Ok for the moment you've all be waiting for. The tragic tale that lead to Leon's death and mine and Howlins stand off for our lives.

We arrived in Guba thinking we were alone. Since this place is as far North East as you can get. We continued to loot the houses for items. While I was on the 3rd floor of a building and Howlin was in his 2nd floor of his across the road, we heard M4 shots and Leon shouting he's dead. So I was waiting in my house with my gun pointed towards the door, Howlin was doing the same in his. I looked out my window and saw someone in a house so I shot! Only for it to be Howlin who didn't die! He just needs blood now, that's our next trip! So Howlin heard someone coming up his stairs. The guy tells Howlin to put his hands on his head. I tell Howlin do it I might get a clean shot on him if he comes in view of your window. Indeed he does! I take the shot killing him dead, double tapping him just to make sure.

Leon we will make our way to Electro after we find some blood testing kits to find out what blood type Howlin is. Then we need to find someone to drain blood from. Hopefully he's compatible with A- because I have some of my blood from before!
So yeah, I died and spawned in Electro, yay!

My plan was to get some basic supplies and head west for Cherno so that I could finally see the suburbs they added and then continue towards Balota where Dowpy was. Meanwhile, Dowpy died in the northeast corner of the map and spawned back in Kamenka. We then agreed that we'd meet up at the military base north of Pavlovo.

My graphics are probably not as epic as the other guys and after the 3rd image I'd lost so much blood that my screen started getting desaturated.

Making friends in the big city.
[Image: 7Mcz6HO.jpg]

Got to Cherno where they've redecorated Cherno International Hotel
[Image: n1wIknm.jpg]

The freshly added Cherno suburbs.
[Image: H9dv2AZ.jpg]

Moar fwiends.
[Image: e9eXwbD.jpg]

[Image: 2mhHCsw.jpg]

Deteriorating police car.
[Image: L4j1qMa.jpg]
[Image: Kd3WQSX.jpg]
[Image: fwLG7WD.jpg]

Me and Dowpy making our way for Bez who was in the military base north of Pavlovo.
[Image: O20TBTI.jpg]
[Image: ZP15dfp.jpg]

Zelenogorsk has undergone a major remake.
[Image: fHe7xyx.jpg]

Dowpy found another player that definitely wasn't friendly. Everyone survived the encounter, but noone knew where the guy was. I had just found a Mosin with a zoomable long range scope, so I camped out in a 3 story building.
[Image: 3UJ4OkM.jpg]
[Image: TSuSdYD.jpg]

We couldn't find the guy, so we headed for the military building at Green Mountain.
[Image: NnHOEnR.jpg]

Playing with my new scope. I love it Biggrin
[Image: uSa0vGk.jpg]

Raiding an abandoned police car.
[Image: ajPJ9Pf.jpg]
[Image: P8KQQql.jpg]
[Image: A2dicow.jpg]

Dowpys purdy eyes.
[Image: fqHBxua.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's