[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: DayZ Standalone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[Image: dayz-standalone-e3-3.jpg]

Released TODAY! (finally)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

"DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can experience powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built in tutorials or help given to players. Every decision matters, there are no save games, no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted."
will be getting this, hope there are less bugs than in the original :/
There will likely be more bugs initially, as is the point of an Alpha.

It should develop into a fantastic game though!
yeah, i mean the original is great but its just hard sometimes when the zombies bug and you end up dead :c
I've been watching this closely and I can say that there are a lot of bugs, but mostly different bugs than the mod. Overall, it is a much better game than the mod ever was or will be. It would take up too much time to type out all of the features that they've added, but it is amazing. Just get the game, you won't be disappointed if you enjoyed the original mod at some point.

EDIT: Regarding the zombies, they are much different. You can punch them out (melee), they don't take as many bullets to kill, they run straight at you and not super zig-zag mode, and they don't hit you through walls anymore.

If anyone gets this game, should post it here so we can play togetharrrrrr.

Name: Sinoco
Personally, I will probably give it a few months before I buy or start playing as the more obvious bugs get sorted -- especially until vehicles are added!
Typical that this comes now that i have no internet.
I will be getting it and will have the usual username when i get it.
About friggen time,

Going to give this time before I Purchase though, because of the same reason as brad.
It would be nice if people that get it could take screenshots and post them.
Will buy when I get paid Thursday! I think we should all team up Tongue
Just had so much fun playing this with a group of guys I randomly met, too bad it was night time and I didn't have a flashlight for my gun, kinda got me killed. Sad
(2013-12-16 20:46)Sinoco Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone gets this game, should post it here so we can play togetharrrrrr.

Name: Sinoco
i will play with you at some point when i get it Wink
I am going to wait for vehicles, games get boring pretty quickly when there aren't cars.
Been watching this guy on Twitch, looks really good so far Biggrin

http://www.twitch.tv/sacriel
Got DayZ, If anyone wants to find a server and hook up? Get on TS guys!
Me, Leon and Sinoco had so much fun last night!

My first night I was in apartments and Sinoco was trying to find me, so i was like "Ya ill climb the roof of this building and flash my light" *Climbs ladder only to fall right back down and break my legs & spend 20 minutes trying to find morphine. Sinoco took it on himself to beat me to death with a wrench and put me out my misery.

Next Leon comes online. His first encounter with someone, he gets handcuffed and then stabbed with his own knife he found. *He's sat there screaming at them to leave him alone* We all meet up and get geared up. But Sinoco passes out from not eating or drinking anything (Tip: Do not sprint everywhere. You get run down mega fast)

Me and Leon then took it upon ourselves to walk on to the next town to find food and water (I had 4 cans of food, but no way of opening them Mellow) We stopped off at some barracks and two hospitals to find nothing really interesting. I had a gun already from another barracks, but Leon found one with no ammo. He was sad Sad. We then jogged to then next town. On doing so Leon's character passed out and his game bugged with a black screen. He left for bed as I travelled the 300m to the town. I got there and found some food then logged out.

I will take some screen shots today! For those who want to see some stuff Tongue
That was interesting. Take some screenshots, would be happy to see them :>

I don't know was Leon happy, though.
Leon tried coming back to life. But he wouldn't respawn... So I put him down quickly.
[Image: 5PDXL.png]

My current gear.
[Image: 5PDZ5]
[Image: 5PDZK.png]

Random house...
[Image: 5PE0K.png]

Found a fresh apple and ate it!
[Image: 5PE1B.png]

Testing the taunt while waiting for Leon to make his way to me.
[Image: 5PE2p.png]

Dat sun..
[Image: 5PE2L.png]
How is the game on peoples systems. I know some have great pcs and some not so great so wonder how it runs.
Nice pics Bez.
I get on average 50-60 FPS in Cherno I get 20-30

Me and Leon met a French guy begging for food and drink. So I gave him a drink Biggrin (Leon wanted to stab him to death)
[Image: 5PG3M]

Leon's a knife wielding nutter
[Image: 5PG4A]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's