[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: A&E Suspends Phil Robertson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Such a load of crap. Everyone knows the Duck Dynasty guys are all ckearly very Christian and A&E knew this from the start. The loonies just swayed them to suspend him. If you can't respect someone's personal opinions you need to grow up!

[Image: o-PHIL-ROBERTSON-facebook.jpg]

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...sexuality/
Proof that being Christian isn't an excuse to say whatever the hell you want
Gay's are taking over, prepare.
Further proof being an honest moral person just gets you screwed. :/ all my friends and I have already started spamming A&E.

Also shows no matter how successful you are or what you do people will always dislike something about you.
coincidentally.. just as I read this, I heard about it on the radio.. what a damn coincidence this was..
Free speech means he can say whatever he likes, but it's up to the producer if he gives that guy a platform for voicing it. Or did i miss anything?
Could someone give me some background info on this?
(2013-12-19 15:10)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Free speech means he can say whatever he likes, but it's up to the producer if he gives that guy a platform for voicing it. Or did i miss anything?

Correct, nobody knows whats stipulations the contract had, but Phil Robertson and his products and their sponsers equal about 50% of A&Es total. We'll see how quickly the show is picked up by a better network or how quickly A&E reverses the decision. It was the only show I ever watched on there lol.

Bullet
It's business; none of the sponsors wanted to be affiliated a guy sharing his socially backward views, they pull out, and the network fires him.

It's comparable to incidents over here has made racist/homophobic/sexist comments and they've been fired -- nothing different.
It's actually a violation of not only the First Amendment but a Civil Rights law from the 60s. Someone cannot be fired for expressing their religious belief. Plus if you even watch 1 episode of the show you can instantly tell they are a Christian family lol.

Supposedly A&Es viewers have dropped by 76% in less than a day since the boycott, and every post on their facebook page in the past 48s hours has been attacking them lol

Sometimes living in America is alright.
(2013-12-20 20:11)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually a violation of not only the First Amendment but a Civil Rights law from the 60s. Someone cannot be fired for expressing their religious belief.

Well then they would just find a bogus reason to get rid of him. Id prefer if they stay honest, even if you don't agree with it.

Up to the viewers to show them they are making a mistake.
What's A&E? I was expecting this to be some sort of medical-based report Sad
Reference URL's