[TC] Gaming Forums
Winch - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Winch (/showthread.php?tid=23802)

Pages: 1 2

Winch - Morreboy - 2016-09-07 15:28

My idea.

Remove the winch. It destroys the fun.

Ealier medic was a skill

RE: Winch - Mufflord - 2016-09-07 15:57

Agreed, did post about this earlier in another thread. +1

RE: Winch - Carl - 2016-09-07 16:02

The winch can prove useful in situations where forceful contact just won't cut it. I suggest restrict the use of it even further so that it can only be used as specialty. I feel that getting rid of it completely would be a waste, after all it is a nice tool to use but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone completely.

Charging per use is something I would suggest. e.g !buywinch "Are you sure you want to purchase 1 winch, you may only use this once"

RE: Winch - Adorable - 2016-09-07 16:10

Keep it as it is, with the winch you don't damage your car.

If you don't wanna use the winch then don't buy it.

RE: Winch - KooKoo - 2016-09-07 16:16

It should charge the person who's flipped whether or not he would like to be "winched".

RE: Winch - BP - 2016-09-07 16:16

Added poll.

EDIT: I still encourage people to post if they have something decent to say, but a poll does help somewhat. I voted to keep the winch. Because: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23638&pid=222252#pid222252

RE: Winch - Ras - 2016-09-07 16:19

If you're the tow, you're not forced to use it. If you're being towed, and don't want to be flipped with the !winch, then tell the tow. It's as simple as that. Why you would not want a useful feature like this is beyond me.

RE: Winch - Ryu - 2016-09-07 16:29

(2016-09-07 16:02)Nismo Wrote:  The winch can prove useful in situations where forceful contact just won't cut it. I suggest restrict the use of it even further so that it can only be used as specialty. I feel that getting rid of it completely would be a waste, after all it is a nice tool to use but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone completely.

Charging per use is something I would suggest. e.g !buywinch "Are you sure you want to purchase 1 winch, you may only use this once"

The winch is also useful in fast road situations, if it needs to be cleared quickly, like the stretch on Fern for example in front of the main pits, you go southbound from pits, that little jump, flips happen there and people who dont respect the CAUTION usually end up ramping over you, or plowing someone near-by... As mentioned it can be used or not, but that is mainly your decision. I use the winch on fast roads, or when the "Victim" already has enough damage that hinders their driving enough as it is, sometimes towing a higher ping person can cause severe damage, the winch cancels this effect as well..

TL;DR | If you don't want to use it, don't buy it. If you are towing someone the original way, politely tell the tows that might be using the winch to not assist you, or simply put up a caution

~~

Ryu Smile

RE: Winch - Otava - 2016-09-07 16:31

I agree with what Morre said. It should be some kind of last hope to get the player because currently tows just drive and use a bind

RE: Winch - Carl - 2016-09-07 16:37

That's actually a good point Ryu, never really thought about that side of things.

Also, I'd like to point out another reason why people may want it gone as anybody can easily 'steal' the job by just driving up to the car and typing !winch whilst another TOW without a winch is trying to flip him. I think it's the fact that things can be done so quickly now that people feel as though it's not fun.

RE: Winch - Adam - 2016-09-07 16:58

We should keep the winch but tighten the rules around it. Lets say more than one person answers a call, no winch. One use takes up 60% on all cars so you have to go back to safezone if you want to use if agian

RE: Winch - Morreboy - 2016-09-07 17:54

I just getting annoyed when you are fighting with a car and someone just pass you and use winch it destroys it for us "oldschool" medics

RE: Winch - KaraK - 2016-09-07 21:01

eregonv1 Wrote:The winch is also useful in fast road situations, if it needs to be cleared quickly, like the stretch on Fern for example in front of the main pits, you go southbound from pits, that little jump, flips happen there and people who dont respect the CAUTION usually end up ramping over you, or plowing someone near-by... As mentioned it can be used or not, but that is mainly your decision. I use the winch on fast roads, or when the "Victim" already has enough damage that hinders their driving enough as it is

Which is when the fun starts.
I agree with Nismo. Either remove it, or heavily restrict the use of it. TOW only with a hefty price attached to it seems okay.

RE: Winch - Mufflord - 2016-09-07 21:24

"useful tool" It removes any kind of skill that has ever been required by a tow, 10k and suddenly WOW, i dont have to do jack shit no more, awesome!

Where is honestly the fun in sitting on your arse and typing a command? Like does anyone actually feel like they accomplished something then? There is absolutely no skill left in being a rescue vehicle anymore with this, either remove it completely or as said restrict it heavily. As it is now, i dont think a single med has towed me without using it. It's being spammed and used on mostly all calls, no matter how easy or hard they are, only time i could ever see this useful is on the AB.

All everyone seems to want nowadays is to get everything served on a silver plate, and no challenge at all. And that concerns most things im afraid.

RE: Winch - Borja - 2016-09-07 21:30

(2016-09-07 07:44)Frozen Wrote:  As said, the whole auto greeting thing should never have existed, its like playing LFS with autopilot, if we are going to automatize every thing we do, its easier to just quit.

I apply those words from Frozen here. Which is the challange of those kind of services then?

CityDriving , and yes , I can understand that in AB can be a chaos to help someone and its better to use whinch tool , but , what about real life?
If we're playing on something that replicates the real life , we shouldnt have this tool.

RE: Winch - Bez - 2016-09-07 23:14

(2016-09-07 21:30)Borja Wrote:  If we're playing on something that replicates the real life , we shouldnt have this tool.

I don't think I've ever seen a MED / RES / TOW use their car / van / whatever to physically push over another car. LFS if far from real life..

The Tool is there for people who need it. you "old skool" people can still tow the "old skool" way and enjoy it.

RE: Winch - Sebas - 2016-09-08 01:42

I always thought I was a part of the "old-school" hard bunch of people that towed properly before everybody did it (I include me, Towcat, Yukine, Marty, etc...) I've been bored of doing it because everybody improvises itself as a tow now. With the arrival of new guidelines for tows/med/res and the addition of the winch, I feel the role is now in a better position than ever.

You people complain that "everybody" can tow now. You seem to have forgotten that in order to do it, you still need to have a valid license. Also, in order to use the winch, you have to spend 10K on it. If we follow the basic guidelines, it would be intelligent to buy a proper car (RB4) before buying said winch. This makes total sense and not every new player on the server will have said money to buy everything at once (even with cheap cars from the market).

With all that being said, if we add all the comments from everyone, it's fair to say that:
- No one forces you to use it.
- It is certainly useful in some occasions that a "regular" tow may take longer and be more dangerous.
- It's still a Novelty item at 10K for most players.

I don't see why we should remove it.

RE: Winch - Seven - 2016-09-08 05:19

What if someone doesn't like waiting on their side/roof waiting for an experienced tow/med/res? I can tow and I can tow using my vehicle very well if I do say so myself, but I use the winch to make it more convenient for who I am towing because in my mind, they don't want to be there for long.

RE: Winch - Chuck - 2016-09-08 05:58

If you just compare the sheer facts:

Pro winch:
  • Much quicker 1: The waiting time for the one in need is much less.
  • Much quicker 2: The risk to road traffic is minimised. Tows don't need to drive across the roads anymore for several minutes to take runs at their target. (This very often resulted in follow-up crashes)
  • More efficient: One tow can help more people in the same time
  • No damage to the tow cars
  • No additional damage to the towed car
  • More qualified people

Contra winch:
  • No more "old school" ram fests

It looks to me that the only reasons against the winch are merely nostalgic ones.

I would think about only giving winches to actual TOW units, but I reckon that people would instantly abandon the MED/RES role.

Edit: However, I'm not generally against changes. If the gameplay can be improved, ie by tuning some parameters, then I like to hear that.

RE: Winch - Tingle - 2016-09-08 11:02

A perfect example of neo-luddism if anything.