[TC] Gaming Forums
Cd help - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Cd help (/showthread.php?tid=11915)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Cd help - Stephen - 2014-04-30 23:23

Try delete/f1 to get the bios or f8 on the black screen before you see the login screen, that will show you a menu prompting which media you want to boot off.

RE: Cd help - Jimmy - 2014-05-01 13:29

[Image: fN9jTsj.jpg]
[Image: rn0ctkc.jpg]
[Image: AUefSBR.jpg]

here is mine laptop in menu, obs i have not putted that frozen thing on hdd stuff not what i remember and i should never pick that name to lock it.

RE: Cd help - Chuck - 2014-05-01 13:35

Lol you showed the "information, "main" and "security" tab. What about the next one saying "BOOT"?

RE: Cd help - Frozen - 2014-05-01 19:54

(2014-05-01 13:29)Jimmy Wrote:  here is mine laptop in menu, obs i have not putted that frozen thing on hdd stuff not what i remember and i should never pick that name to lock it.

The HDD password gets set at "frozen" whenever rebooting the computer. To change it to "clear" for 1 boot you need to do a hard boot. Take the battery out and unplug. Press the power button for 30 seconds. Now boot back into the Bios with F2. The field should say clear. However, once you reboot it will go back to "frozen." So you have to do it again, or, when you need it, just trust that it's been temporarily cleared without looking at the Bios.

Also this

(2014-05-01 13:35)Chuck Wrote:  What about the next one saying "BOOT"?

RE: Cd help - Jimmy - 2014-10-21 16:16

Sorry about this bump, but i got the problem solved i using usb to install windows xp works great now!

I followed this guy to work with usb stick...