[TC] Gaming Forums
Speedtraps - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Speedtraps (/showthread.php?tid=14324)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Speetraps - Pipa - 2014-10-08 20:06

I'm with the majority here. It's called City Driving to emulate a realistic driving environment. Obviously we won't be able to achieve a perfect copy, but at the moment i am quite happy with the current system.

Part of that is that you should be prevented from speeding all the time and keeping to the speed limit should be encouraged. This is why speedtraps as annoying as they can be make sense and should not be removed. If you want to speed then you better be rich.

RE: Speetraps - Dan - 2014-10-08 20:08

It's not an argument - I don't understand how you get that perception. We're just stating several facts (like you did in the OP) as to why we don't necessarily support your idea. You're coming to CityDriving cruise server. Expect elements similar to that of a city; speed cameras for example.

RE: Speetraps - Warped - 2014-10-09 12:03

(2014-10-08 19:59)Barney Wrote:  still fail to see any pros, but nvm. keep on trapping. im outta here Wink

Here's one: a lot of new players who have just obtained their cop rights use speedtraps frequently. Why they do it is, because setting-up speedtraps is the most basic thing to do while on-duty. It requires the minimum input to enforce road laws, which is quite effective in the long term.

Rather than proposing speedtraps' removal, consider suggesting how to improve them in terms of cops-robbers balance. Perhaps, that way you'd get more supporters.

RE: Speedtraps - Maverick - 2014-10-09 16:31

(2014-10-09 12:03)Warped Wrote:  Rather than proposing speedtraps' removal, consider suggesting how to improve them in terms of cops-robbers balance. Perhaps, that way you'd get more supporters.

Suggestion: Speedtrapped people with "normal" speeding (one or two red dots) should be auto-fined like it has been before. Speeders with three red dots shouldn't be auto-fined but a backup message sent around automatically to nearby cops (let's say in an area of 800m, so no !chase necessary but a !join) giving them the right to use the speedtrap measurement to !showlaser to the suspect and fine him for that or alternatively go directly into chase mode. This happens in real life as well: speeding way too fast past a speed trap will get automatically cops behind your six.

How does that sound to you all?

Regards
Mav

RE: Speedtraps - Dan - 2014-10-09 17:01

(2014-10-09 16:31)Maverick Wrote:  
(2014-10-09 12:03)Warped Wrote:  Rather than proposing speedtraps' removal, consider suggesting how to improve them in terms of cops-robbers balance. Perhaps, that way you'd get more supporters.

Suggestion: Speedtrapped people with "normal" speeding (one or two red dots) should be auto-fined like it has been before. Speeders with three red dots shouldn't be auto-fined but a backup message sent around automatically to nearby cops (let's say in an area of 800m, so no !chase necessary but a !join) giving them the right to use the speedtrap measurement to !showlaser to the suspect and fine him for that or alternatively go directly into chase mode. This happens in real life as well: speeding way too fast past a speed trap will get automatically cops behind your six.

So I can go and get an FZR, drive 150mph+ (or whatever suffices to gain three red dots) and then not be chased by [COP]s because I'm in an FZR? I've ultimately avoided a fine there, for doing something more dangerous - so to speak - than someone who gained one or two red dots.

Edit: Before you say "well that's the COP's choice not to chase you" - let's face it; who will?

RE: Speedtraps - Maverick - 2014-10-09 17:20

(2014-10-09 17:01)Daniel Wrote:  So I can go and get an FZR, drive 150mph+ (or whatever suffices to gain three red dots) and then not be chased by [COP]s because I'm in an FZR? I've ultimately avoided a fine there, for doing something more dangerous - so to speak - than someone who gained one or two red dots.

Edit: Before you say "well that's the COP's choice not to chase you" - let's face it; who will?

Well, you're putting here an extreme case of speeding into the game, which rarely occurs on the server. Let's talk about the common cars and exclude the GT rental cars. I mean: GT cars never tend to be chased anyway making your argument quite useless to be honest. Even more: the speeding fine is just a minor payment for those people who can afford renting that car and speed anyway (with a rate of -200 or more).

So how about coming back to the usual case with common cars and common cops?

I'm just talking about an improvement of speedtraps and more interaction with other cops. That's all.

RE: Speedtraps - Warped - 2014-10-09 17:30

So,
  • 1-2 dots = Normal speedtrap fine
  • 3+ dots = a visible notification for the (nearby) police that there is a speeder around and can be pulled over by pressing [!join or a completely new command made for your suggestion]
  • !showlaser is used from the speedtrap laser measurement.

That sounds interesting, and would be a nice addition to the police gameplay. I don't however know how difficult it would be to implement it. Good suggestion.

RE: Speedtraps - Maverick - 2014-10-09 17:33

(2014-10-09 17:30)Warped Wrote:  So,
  • 1-2 dots = Normal speedtrap fine
  • 3+ dots = a visible notification for the (nearby) police that there is a speeder around and can be pulled over by pressing [!join or a completely new command made for your suggestion]
  • !showlaser is used from the speedtrap laser measurement.

That sounds interesting, and would be a nice addition to the police gameplay. I don't however know how difficult it would be to implement it. Good suggestion.

Ah well, good summary. That is what I was aiming at. Sorry for that complicated description before. Smile

RE: Speedtraps - Chuck - 2014-10-09 17:38

There was a time when people were actually practising "city driving". But today, hardly anyone even cares for speed limits, it's basically an endless race. People are rich like never before. You probably loose a lot more on the regular income, than you do by speedtraps, but since it gets deducted from your account in smaller portions, you probably don't see it.
I'm not principally against changes but they must make sense. Just saying take 'em off, "they hinder me at racing" is not a good argument. With the same argument, we could remove cops then too. So you could as well just go to a racing server.

RE: Speedtraps - Cyanide Christ - 2014-10-09 17:47

(2014-10-08 12:34)Barney Wrote:  the game is already balanced too much in favour of cops.

You must be new here. Wink

RE: Speedtraps - Chuck - 2014-10-09 18:16

That's actually true, money wise. I've never seen a cop paying money to a robber. Also, cops don't lose anything while speeding in a chase. Robbers pay it all.
The only balance is that cops occasionally play the other role too.

RE: Speedtraps - Stunna - 2014-10-09 21:53

(2014-10-08 12:34)Barney Wrote:  *snip

You've been sipping on grandpa's old medicine have ya? Can't tell if you are or aren't with the amount of non-sense you said. (no offensive towards you) Its a speedtrap, you don't like them? No one does, slow down or drive the other direction the speedtrap is. If you want to speed all around the track it is completely up to you, its not a race server.

RE: Speedtraps - Sam - 2014-10-28 01:42

Although annoying I see why they are avalable, I do hate them but before WE they where not a issue for me. But on smaller tracks with less routes to chose from I think it should be limited to 1 speedtrap at a time. I also think that a cop should not be allowed to sit in the zone where the limit changes, like how a cop always seems to be sat on the first turn right in the change of speed from 100mph to 60mph (and that's a big difference in speed). It's rather annoying when I'm sticking to the limits trying to keep my +4 constant, if I slow down in the 100 then I drop to +2 or +3 and on long trips it certainly adds up.

RE: Speedtraps - Juntu - 2014-10-28 06:15

Whine more Barney? Will ya? Speedtraps are a part of these servers and so be it.

RE: Speedtraps - Owl - 2014-10-28 07:59

I think that this would be a bad idea because it would take away a big chunk of the insim which would make the server feel lifeless, it would have no point, The server is called [Traffic Cops] and what do cops have all around the world? Speed traps! By adding this suggestion it would take away the meaning of TC!

Therefore its a -1 for me, Sorry

RE: Speedtraps - Kyle - 2014-10-28 08:06

With Cameron T there ^^

RE: Speedtraps - Barney - 2014-10-28 08:44

(2014-10-28 06:15)Juntu Wrote:  Whine more Barney? Will ya? Speedtraps are a part of these servers and so be it.

wow, thank you for bringing the ignorance to a new level.

funny how almost everyone is commenting... without referring to any of my statements. i made a simple suggestion, with more or less good arguments, that is what this area is for. and that is far away from whining.
if you(in general) dont like it, fair enough, but a minimum of argumentation would be helpful.
thread was alrdy dead actually and i didnt expect any success from it in the first place anyway... so no need for any more sophisticated comments

RE: Speedtraps - KaraK - 2014-10-28 09:16

(2014-10-28 01:42)Shikari_San Wrote:  Although annoying I see why they are avalable, I do hate them but before WE they where not a issue for me. But on smaller tracks with less routes to chose from I think it should be limited to 1 speedtrap at a time.

I actually quite like this suggestion. On Westhill especially two speedtraps on at the same time can really negatively affect your experience.

RE: Speedtraps - Chuck - 2014-10-28 10:09

Offtopic messages removed!

RE: Speedtraps - Iceman - 2014-10-28 10:28

As somebody mentioned above, its not a race server. You should drive in the speedlimits. Generally speedtraps doesn't annoy me at all. Only in those cases (wich happens to me very rarely though) where the cop sits in the zone where the limit changes. So I'll say that they shouldn't be removed from the game.