[TC] Gaming Forums
Post your layout idea! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Post your layout idea! (/showthread.php?tid=16357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Chuck - 2015-03-01 10:57

(2015-03-01 09:15)Skoda Wrote:  It is a nice suggestion but why can't we just have a straight road where there is 2 t junctions either side

Because you would have a road where people would go 200+ with t-juntions. Furthermore, the majority of cars would have to stop because they'd be coming over a non-priority road.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - KooKoo - 2015-03-01 11:04

[Image: 2197y83.jpg]

or why not like this? (sorry im very bad at making layouts)

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Borja - 2015-03-01 11:10

Here is my idea ( i make it so fast...so it can be edited ,... )

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - KooKoo - 2015-03-01 11:13

Looks so cool, borja can you send me your DDS files? all.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Bez - 2015-03-01 11:19

Here's something i've managed to mock up with 20+ objects spare. Its a roundabout with a very nice driving feel.

So what are the benefits of having this roundabout?

Yellow = Traffic entering roundabout to use exits.
Green = Fast flowing traffic only to next exit.
Parking areas.

[Image: IuMiynB.jpg]

Extra shots (Click to View)

Download: FE1X_TCremod.lyt

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Pipa - 2015-03-01 11:20

I like that a lot Bez.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Luke - 2015-03-01 11:25

Looks great Bez. Don't know how you managed to have 20+ objects to spare.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - KooKoo - 2015-03-01 11:26

Bez that actually indeed look awesome and organized. unlike mine haha

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Raz! - 2015-03-01 11:27

Really, all we need is a one way roundabout. That would solve the problem.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Jimmy - 2015-03-01 11:45

Dident we had a roundabout there last year?

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Luke - 2015-03-01 11:51

Although I'm not sure if it's much different to the old TC roundabout.. Looks great but as chuck said a roundabout causes a lot of problems there.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - VirtualTourist - 2015-03-01 11:51

Bez has the best looking so far in my view.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - B!ll - 2015-03-01 12:07

You did good work Bez.

Anyway after few driving through I opened think how make shortcut. I fear when around a roundabout will be some number of cars, chase and some speeder or wrongsider it will cause more mess than actual junction what is on right now.

If i remember for previous variants for this section nothing was as effective as what it is now.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - KooKoo - 2015-03-01 12:10

Kyoto roundabout is more dangerous than this one. This one wont cause a lot of chaos in my opinion, It has an open exit for the traffic that willing to go to the nearest road. For those who want to take an alternative turn would obviously slow down to take the roundabout to their preferable exit.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Chuck - 2015-03-01 12:19

Nice looking isn't everything. The design has practical flaws. The most used roads are not required to slow down, people from HW2 and devils corner can just blast though the roundabout although they'd had to yield. And furthermore, that will now happen a suicidal speeds as both ways just go straight though.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Bez - 2015-03-01 12:34

We need to give people the benefit of the doubt. We cant "noob proof" everything otherwise it will just look ugly and not interesting to drive.

Can you mark out on my screenshot what you think the problem areas are? I've tried going faster than 20mph when entering the slip roads with no suffice. Almost always hitting a barrier and getting slowed down.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Pipa - 2015-03-01 12:43

Agree with Chuck. The bit from devils towards H2 might be a future problem, however you can fix that easily by adding a small barrier next to the wall/amco.

Apart from that i don't see other issues. Maybe the green bits could be used a lot by wrongsiders, but if that happens too often chuck could place direction markers.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - R.Fiets - 2015-03-01 12:44

Or, keeping old layout, but how about laying some humps on entering lines against people with too high speed. Like 1 in 5-10 meter and 2 close-ones near to cross. Nobody likes them, humps could make people more aware about possible danger, so they slow down and choose right path.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Bez - 2015-03-01 13:21

I did find one little dart through, but it was fixed with 2 objects.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Pipa - 2015-03-01 13:29

Yeah thats what i meant well done.