[TC] Gaming Forums
[CONCLUDED] Battle Royale (LFS) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Official Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Event Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+----- Forum: Miscellaneous LFS Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+----- Thread: [CONCLUDED] Battle Royale (LFS) (/showthread.php?tid=30352)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [CONCLUDED] Battle Royale (LFS) - Shino - 2018-12-30 22:41

(2018-12-30 22:22)Dino Wrote:  [*]Prizemoney: Split the money between more players - or at least reward the places beside 1st more equally (take money from first)
If that's what you want you can always send me half your winnings.

RE: [CONCLUDED] Battle Royale (LFS) - SIMOX - 2018-12-30 22:55

(2018-12-30 22:22)Dino Wrote:  
  • Layout: There should probably be more "traps" that the rounds end quicker and less cars remain in the end. (see GT4's similar event recently and the layouts)

Well i tried to make a layout that is a bit different from a usual derby lyt. But i'm taking notes so will try to make something with a little less ground and walls.

RE: [CONCLUDED] Battle Royale (LFS) - BP - 2018-12-30 23:53

(2018-12-30 22:22)Dino Wrote:  
  • Timer: A permanent visual timer to see when the round ends - if possible
  • Prizemoney: Split the money between more players - or at least reward the places beside 1st more equally (take money from first)

A round-timer possibly won't be necessary if there is a timer for cars to keep moving (which is a planned feature). Also, the problem with having a round-timer is that it encourages people to just wait until the time runs out.

As for the prize money, it was actually discussed quite extensively (internally) but I have to agree that the percentage for 1st place was a bit steep. We'll look into revising that when we run this event again in the future.

Anyway, congratulations on your prize and thanks for the suggestions.

Any more suggestions from anyone else are welcome.

RE: [CONCLUDED] Battle Royale (LFS) - Pete - 2018-12-31 00:26

Dino Wrote:Layout: There should probably be more "traps" that the rounds end quicker and less cars remain in the end. (see GT4's similar event recently and the layouts)

I agree. We had no idea how well the layout would work with 40 people, but even with that number it needs to be a lot smaller. Hopefully SIMOX might be up for creating a couple of smaller maps rather than one huge one.

(2018-12-30 22:55)SIMOX Wrote:  Well i tried to make a layout that is a bit different from a usual derby lyt. But i'm taking notes so will try to make something with a little less ground and walls.

I like that there were lots of walls, but more holes would be a good idea, like those square traps in some of the corners.

Also, I was going to suggest having multiple levels so that we can drive on the roof tops of the buildings. Perhaps that could create extra elements of danger.