[TC] Gaming Forums
Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Official Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Event Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+----- Forum: Christmas Event Series 2016 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! (/showthread.php?tid=24589)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Datscher - 2016-12-16 15:03

Click me!

£36 for one new track is a joke. I am surprised that people bought S3 while they already owned S2.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - BP - 2016-12-16 15:04

12 pound for the new track, not 36.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Pete - 2016-12-16 15:04

It's £12 if you own S2 already.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Datscher - 2016-12-16 15:06

Oh okay but even £12 is to much for that content - just sayin'
I am waiting for VW Scirocco and S4 Wink

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Monster - 2016-12-16 15:23

If they release VWS with S4, it's big crap because we are waiting since (2012?!) for this car... So, buy S3 Wink

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Renegade - 2016-12-16 15:26

VWS is S1 content. S4 will probably never exist.

S3 is Rockingham and more content to come. S3 is NOT just Rockingham. More will come, its just a question of when. With the way test patches are coming, there might me new content soon.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Ras - 2016-12-16 15:29

(2016-12-16 15:06)Datscher Wrote:  Oh okay but even £12 is to much for that content - just sayin'
I am waiting for VW Scirocco and S4 Wink
This discussion has happened already elsewhere on the forum, so it would be best to stay on topic. But to comment on this, you're not simply paying for a track. You're supporting the game and also bought any future S3 content. It's definitely worth it.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Pete - 2016-12-16 17:05

To elaborate further. Since the beginning, the devs have only ever mentioned 3 stages of release. S1, S2 and S3. Never have more than 3 stages been mentioned and I believe that if and when all of the planned S3 content is released, Scawen will consider it a finished product and that will be that for the base game. Remember that over the years he has mentioned the following (non-exhaustive) list of features he wants to add:

Dynamic tracks, dynamic lighting, dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, a public car and environment editor for mod support, breakable wings (plus a better damage model in general), more tracks and more cars, plus and I quote 'to be able to support any type of road racing', potentially including bikes. This list isn't everything but it's the more exciting things he's said over the years.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Datscher - 2016-12-16 22:45

(2016-12-16 17:05)Pete Wrote:  Remember that over the years he has mentioned the following (non-exhaustive) list of features he wants to add:

Dynamic tracks, dynamic lighting, dynamic weather, dynamic time of day, a public car and environment editor for mod support, breakable wings (plus a better damage model in general), more tracks and more cars, plus and I quote 'to be able to support any type of road racing', potentially including bikes. This list isn't everything but it's the more exciting things he's said over the years.

http://www.lava-studios.com/downloads/christoffersen/schUPpor_-_Something_about_LFS.mp3 Wink

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Pete - 2016-12-17 02:18

I've not heard that one in years. Smile

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Ras - 2016-12-17 02:41

Corby is official for the 2 weeks ahead. Poll closed. Thanks everyone for the votes. Hope you enjoy your choice Smile

Track will be on sometime Saturday/today

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - BP - 2016-12-17 09:43

Track changed. Blackwood is on server 3 for those of you who don't have S3.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Adrian - 2016-12-17 10:00

If S2 track won there would be Corby for both weeks on server Three. So in my opinion when Corby won, there should be S2 track with most votes on server Three. But it's only my opinion.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - BP - 2016-12-17 10:06

(2016-12-17 10:00)Adrian Wrote:  If S2 track won there would be Corby for both weeks on server Three. So in my opinion when Corby won, there should be S2 track with most votes on server Three. But it's only my opinion.

An S2 track was put on server 3 simply because not everyone has S3 (largely due to the lack of content) and we needed to facilitate these people. If the second voted track was on server 3 then it would probably be quite unfair for the actual winner: Corby.

Blackwood is not too much of a desirable track and it hasn't been on for a while, hence the fact it was chosen to facilitate those who don't have S3.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Adrian - 2016-12-17 10:15

(2016-12-17 10:06)BP Wrote:  If the second voted track was on server 3 then it would probably be quite unfair for the actual winner: Corby.
Same unfair it would be if S2 track won. Doesn't matter how many votes had been for Corby, it would be for 2 weeks on server Three.

But I don't want to argue with you. It's your decision and I respect it. If you think it's good as it is now, it's ok, I respect. I just wanted to say my opinion about this situation. Smile

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - BP - 2016-12-17 10:16

Adrian Wrote:Same unfair it would be if S2 track won. Doesn't matter how many votes had been for Corby, it would be for 2 weeks on server Three.

Dunno where you got this from.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Adrian - 2016-12-17 10:21

(2016-12-17 10:16)BP Wrote:  Dunno where you got this from.
It's only my conjectures. But ok, as I said earlier, I respect your decision. Leave it as it is now if you think it's best solution. Smile

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - BP - 2016-12-17 10:24

It's not just my decision, these things are also discussed internally. (Just to clarify that.)

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - Banana4Life - 2016-12-17 13:09

Bought s3 today, am disappointed with the track and layout. After half an hour back onto good old bl yay, along with a few others from s3.

RE: Christmas Track Rotation Schedule - Vote for 2 week track! - StreetFX - 2016-12-17 13:11

Looks like this Corby thing isnt going very well...