[TC] Gaming Forums
Gamers United - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Forum: Community Teams (/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: Gamers United (/showthread.php?tid=25365)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-21 15:20

[Image: logo.png]

We are also pleased to say that we have invited Nigtherig to join our team and he also happily accepted! We wish him the best in our team and look forward to spending time with him within GU.

Congratulations [GU]Nigtherig

Due to our team becoming full again, we will no longer be recruiting and will not be inviting anyone into our team until further notice.

Thanks! - GU Staff.

RE: Gamers United - GOOMB - 2017-03-21 15:50

Congrats Fem, hope you do well there!

RE: Gamers United - TAZxx - 2017-03-22 19:18

Welcome to the team Nigtherig!

You've been a great member of our Discord and we hope that you're an event better Member Wink

Looking forward to working with you!

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-23 18:07

Hello! - In this post I will be showing you the time plan for our GU Downhill Event. This time plan must be followed by all participants as much as possible.

In terms of connecting to the server, all participants must be there between the server start time (5:00PM GMT) and the Debrief time (5:40PM GMT). This is to ensure that ALL participants are checked in and ready for the event. The 40 minute gap will allow contestants to practice on the layout.

The server will have a password set at 5:40PM GMT. If you are unable to join until 6PM GMT then you must PM me to explain why and must ask for the password to allow you to connect to our server.

The server on the day (25th March - Saturday) will be called [GU] Event Server S2

Below is the time plan for participants:

[Image: tp.jpg]

Current status of the downhill event is as follows:

32 Participants out of a total of 32.

13/32 are using FXO.
11/32 are using RB4.
9/32 are using XRT.

100,000 in the Donation Pool, kindly donated by the following users:

SO•Huski
[GU]R0ut
[GU]Lewis
[GU]TAZxx
[GU]Hris
[GU-R]Squeeze
[RDSR] Boo
betteR

Registrations now closed.

This information will also be sent to participant's email addresses.

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask or PM me. We also have a email which you can get in contact with if needed. That email is the following:

[email protected]

Thanks! - GU Staff.

RE: Gamers United - Huski - 2017-03-24 08:17

Heyo, some small edits have been made, so I made a video on them!
Note: The roads have not changed, just a few bump-downs.

RE: Gamers United - TAZxx - 2017-03-24 16:47

Hi All,

We are now announcing that sign ups are now closed! We are expecting a great turn-out tomorrow and have made many preparations to make this event as fun as possible for everyone, whether you are racing, watching our live-stream or a member of our admin staff making sure it all runs smoothly, we hope you enjoy the event as much as we have planning it.

Thanks

P.S Full list will be updated by Lewis later on this evening!

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-25 00:35

Hello everybody!

I am very happy that we have managed to have 32 participants for our Downhill Event! We hope that everyone turns up and allows the event to be good fun. Backup drivers will be online just in case if anyone doesn't turn up.

In terms of the event, those who want to watch it take place are able to do so with live commentary over on our Twitch Channel! Our Twitch Channel link is the following:

Gamers United Twitch Channel

The Twitch stream will be starting at approximately 5:30PM GMT Time.

Below are the latest list of contestants:

[GU]Swift - FXO
[GU]R0ut - FXO
[GU-1]Hris - FXO
[GU-1]Wilczek - FXO
[GU-2]MarcaL - FXO
[GU-R]Squeeze - FXO
[GU-R]Cyandic™ - XRT
[GU-R1]Holt - RB4
[RDSR] Ross - RB4
[RDSR] Boo - RB4
[CSR] Porsche - RB4
[TDPL]fdg1997 - RB4
[LCS]Gaz - FXO
Lo°RipstiE - XRT
Lo°Foloride - FXO
Lo-1°• Blue • - FXO
Lo-1°Mr.Stealy - XRT
Lo-2°Vojin - FXO
Lo-2°Poizon - FXO
JoaoCruzDR - XRT
Adam - FXO
Shoncey - XRT
MTDZX-UM21 - RB4
betteR - RB4
Gegg - RB4
AniciHeart - RB4
Dawn - XRT
Willi - RB4
Mystic - XRT
sD-Foxy - RB4
Felipe Jardim - XRT
Guru - XRT

The current donation pool is the following: 100,000

12/32 are using FXO.
11/32 are using RB4.
9/32 are using XRT.

Thank you! - GU Staff.

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-25 13:11

Hello! - Please remember that the event is taking place today at 6:00PM GMT. You must start checking in at the server ( [GU] Event Server S2 ) at 5:00PM GMT.

Below is the bracket for the event:

[Image: 6a6bd920614aca76318e6980c50c07e7.png]

You can view the bracket live at the following link along with the stream and other information:

http://tourneycup.com/gamersunited/gu-downhill-season-1

Thanks! - GU Staff.

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-25 22:03

Hello!

The Downhill event was absolutely amazing!- We would like to thank everybody who helped make the event possible and turned up tonight.

Unfortunately, some racers didn't turn up. However, We found some other people who were able to take part instead along with our backup racers!

We would like to specifically thank SO.Huski for helping us with the planning, commentary, and administration of this event.

Below, you can see the end results for the event:

[Image: af2bb25ab5d1d5e8fae0a4c687304a04.png]

TourneyCup Tournament Link

Congratulations to the following participants:

Angel - 1st Place
MTDZX-UM21 - 2nd Place
[GU-R]Cyandic - 3rd Place

The prizes will be sent to players tonight in TC. The rest of the donation pool left from donations will be divided between the rest of the participants in TC. This will also be done later tonight.

The Awards will be decided tomorrow and will be posted tomorrow too.

We will work on a highlight video to be posted on YouTube and will keep you updated on when this will be made.

The Twitch Stream can be watched back here: GU Downhill Season #1 Stream

Thank you to all of those who participated and made this event extremely fun! It could not have gone better.

Thank you,

GU Staff.

RE: Gamers United - Russ - 2017-03-25 22:12

Thoroughly enjoyed the event this evening, even though I was knocked out early.

The event was quite long, and although you could leave once you were knocked out, I stayed the duration as there was good banter on Discord. The event was well organised and big shout out to Gamers United for an enjoyable evening! Hope to have another at some point.

Thanks guys

RE: Gamers United - Borja - 2017-03-26 00:09

Really sorry​ for don't be able to join it. By some reason, I misunderstood it, and thought that the event was going to happen 26, not 25. Sadly, when Ross call me, I wasn't on home.

I have donate some money for it, and hope that the event was a good one. Looks very interesting and organized from your side!

RE: Gamers United - Psygo - 2017-03-26 08:31

I'd definitely be up for something like this another time, it was fun despite failing to drive while giggling my ass off because of the awful commentary.

RE: Gamers United - Huski - 2017-03-26 08:55

(2017-03-26 08:31)Psygo Wrote:  I'd definitely be up for something like this another time, it was fun despite failing to drive while giggling my ass off because of the awful commentary.

It wasn't //that// bad!
-------------------------
But seriously, fun event, commentating it was a laugh, even though I was a backup driver (And subsequently died in the first round) it was fun to race against UM, yes he destroyed me then went on to lose to Angel in the final.

The event was a long time in the planning, and I'm happy it came around to bring a good and enjoyable event for everyone participating.

Now sadly some people couldn't make it, this is understandable, So I'd like to give a hand to Lewis in sorting out [GU] members to come into a substitute driver role, they had 6 (including me) and all of us were actually used (Lewis did the best out of all of us).

----------------------------------------------------------------
I'd also like to add a footnote, congratulating Angel on his victory, but also his flawless victory, he hadn't lost a single race in the event.

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-26 10:32

(2017-03-25 22:12)Rossi Wrote:  Thoroughly enjoyed the event this evening, even though I was knocked out early.

The event was quite long, and although you could leave once you were knocked out, I stayed the duration as there was good banter on Discord. The event was well organised and big shout out to Gamers United for an enjoyable evening! Hope to have another at some point.

Thanks guys

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the event. All of us within GU enjoyed running the event, and couldn't be happier with how smoothly it went. It was slightly longer than we expected, but due to the good banter and laughable jokes, it didn't feel as long as it was.

The organisation of the event was something we wanted to get as perfect as we possibly could, hence the 1 month time span between the announcement and event start date.

We will definitely be holding a second event for this series Smile

(2017-03-26 00:09)Borja Wrote:  Really sorry​ for don't be able to join it. By some reason, I misunderstood it, and thought that the event was going to happen 26, not 25. Sadly, when Ross call me, I wasn't on home.

I have donate some money for it, and hope that the event was a good one. Looks very interesting and organized from your side!

It was unfortunate that you weren't able to make it! Thank you so much for the donations you sent. Hopefully you will be able to make it to our second season of the series Smile

Thanks!

(2017-03-26 08:31)Psygo Wrote:  I'd definitely be up for something like this another time, it was fun despite failing to drive while giggling my ass off because of the awful commentary.

We are really happy to hear that the majority of contestants would love to see another event take place. The driving from contestants was great and I have to say, the commentary...Although not always the "professional" type of commentary you'd expect, it was absolutely hilarious at times. I think it definitely caused a great atmosphere within the event. Thanks for taking part!

(2017-03-26 08:55)Huski Wrote:  It wasn't //that// bad!
-------------------------
But seriously, fun event, commentating it was a laugh, even though I was a backup driver (And subsequently died in the first round) it was fun to race against UM, yes he destroyed me then went on to lose to Angel in the final.

The event was a long time in the planning, and I'm happy it came around to bring a good and enjoyable event for everyone participating.

Now sadly some people couldn't make it, this is understandable, So I'd like to give a hand to Lewis in sorting out [GU] members to come into a substitute driver role, they had 6 (including me) and all of us were actually used (Lewis did the best out of all of us).

I'd also like to add a footnote, congratulating Angel on his victory, but also his flawless victory, he hadn't lost a single race in the event.

You was very helpful for the event Huski. Your commentary was great with the odd joke here and there, setting a great atmosphere. The backup drivers plan worked brilliantly and I'm glad we were fully prepared for the worst.

I'm glad you enjoyed the event and enjoyed helping us with the planning and running of it.

I'd also like to congratulate Angel, as he powered through the layout with no defeats. Well done!

----------------------

Thank you for the nice comments! I'm glad you all enjoyed the event and we definitely look forward to our next one.

RE: Gamers United - Owl - 2017-03-26 13:12

"Better had the better line through there!" - Huski 2017

"Better had the........... Greater line through there" - Owl 2017

RE: Gamers United - Huski - 2017-03-26 13:19

(2017-03-26 13:12)Owl Wrote:  "Better had the better line through there!" - Huski 2017

Yes, we did have to substitute saying the word better when better was driving.

RE: Gamers United - RickVTEC - 2017-03-26 14:02

Really good event! Hope new season come soon!!! Biggrin Biggrin

Thanks guys! Wink

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-26 16:42

(2017-03-26 13:12)Owl Wrote:  "Better had the better line through there!" - Huski 2017

The amount of times we said Better was ridiculous Biggrin - Thinking of other words was almost a challenge because of how much of a pun it all was haha

(2017-03-26 14:02)RickVTEC Wrote:  Really good event! Hope new season come soon!!! Biggrin Biggrin

Thanks guys! Wink

Thanks Rick! It was great to see you competing! We hope to see you at the next season! Smile

RE: Gamers United - Ph4nToM - 2017-03-26 16:46

I watched bits of it on your twitch stream and it looked like fun, keep it up.

RE: Gamers United - Lewis2212 - 2017-03-26 17:01

(2017-03-26 16:46)Ph4nToM Wrote:  I watched bits of it on your twitch stream and it looked like fun, keep it up.

Thanks for the kind comment! Smile - It was great fun! We are already planning out Season #2 and can't wait Biggrin