[TC] Gaming Forums
Blackwood Roundabout - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Blackwood Roundabout (/showthread.php?tid=10145)

Pages: 1 2

Blackwood Roundabout - Shino - 2014-01-03 11:27

The new roundabout on Blackwood is not a very good idea at all. Many people said the same so I thought I'd bring it up on here. It's good to have a change in layouts every so often but all this does is cause problems. For example, if there is a chase approaching the roundabout and some guy crashes into the barrier, the robber gets stuck in the traffic whilst trying to escape the cops, but can't because their is simply no where to go, resulting in them getting busted.trying to go through someone goes straight into it, the robber gets stuck because there is no space to go resulting in him getting busted.

Their's two options which I think could/will work. One being get rid of the roundabout all together, for good. The other being make the lanes 2 cars wide, it would make it much easier to pass through without a problem?

I felt that a thread was needed to discuss what to do with it, because so many people dislike it and would like it gone.

Shino.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - fWANKy - 2014-01-03 11:34

tbh, the rounadabout is fine. if people are having troubles taking it then thats their problem. also, if theres someone blocking it, either:

A: turn around and go back where u came from

B: go wrongside and carefully work your way past.

i really like the roundabout, its a challenge to see which cops will fail trying to keep up with me through it Smile

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Shino - 2014-01-03 11:37

Your plans are invalid sir,

If you're wedged in traffic say, about 4-5 cars, how are you supposed to go wrongside or turn around? Straight up busted by the cops.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - fWANKy - 2014-01-03 11:38

open your big eyes of yours, son.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Polestar - 2014-01-03 11:44

Why isn't the roundabout in server 2 as well? As far as i can remember, it was not there when i was on server two last time.
Anyhow i believe that i would be good to have two lanes in the roundabout instead of one.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Luke - 2014-01-03 11:55

I dislike the roundabout, but i like the fact it is there. Believe it or not, it causes less accidents and less people raging and reports etc.
That junction is dreadful because of the dirt road, people fly around without a care in the world and poop up causing somebody to loose there chase.

Its not my favourite track in the world but its only on for 2 weeks so just deal with it.

p.s Attitude gets nobody anywhere.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - UCMA - 2014-01-03 12:09

I like the roundabout simply because it makes Blackwood fun..
It's a small map and you can't really go anywhere besides driving the same route over and over again.

(p.s. It's good for my wallet because I can't drive 200+ anymore Ohmy)

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Bez - 2014-01-03 12:19

The roundabout needs alot of cleaning up still. Once that's done we shouldn't have any problems. I personally think its a good twist to Blackwood.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - fWANKy - 2014-01-03 12:20

(2014-01-03 11:55)LuckyLuke Wrote:  I dislike the roundabout, but i like the fact it is there. Believe it or not, it causes less accidents and less people raging and reports etc.
That junction is dreadful because of the dirt road, people fly around without a care in the world and poop up causing somebody to loose there chase.

Its not my favourite track in the world but its only on for 2 weeks so just deal with it.

p.s Attitude gets nobody anywhere.

it was a personal joke. excuse him Tongue

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Johan. - 2014-01-03 12:26

It decreases the speed of traffic. TC thinks solved. Ha, I say, TC is the new government! Nah, the roundabout would've been nicer if it was slightly wider.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Warped - 2014-01-03 12:31

The roundabout is fine. The junction caused some accidents when people in chases carelessly wrongsided to the autocross zone.

The highway needs a roundabout, there were enough crashes when people tried to slow down and turn to right/left to the autocross zone. No more accidents.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Morreboy - 2014-01-03 12:39

I think the roundabout is fine, and like [TT] Luckyluke said " it causes less accidents and less people raging and reports etc." and i agree. Without the aroundbound blackwood is boring, and when u are in chase and if people are crashing infront of u then the robber got a challenge and thats fun and good i think because else its just turning, straight,turning, straight, turning, straight, turning, straight, turning, straight, turning, straight, turning, straight, turning, straight. so the aroundbound is good and fine Wink

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Ras - 2014-01-03 13:22

People need to learn to drive if they fail to use that roundabout properly. I used mouse for basically the first time ever the other day and had no problem going through it. I had more trouble on straight roads.

It's not the roundabouts fault. The roundabout is a good idea.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - BP - 2014-01-03 13:23

I like the roundabout. It breaks up the monotony of Blackwood. To be fair, it's not overly hard to drive through the roundabout without crashing, unless you're in a rush.

The main problem lies with the people and not the layout, unfortunately.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Connor - 2014-01-03 13:44

(2014-01-03 13:22)Ras Wrote:  People need to learn to drive if they fail to use that roundabout properly. I used mouse for basically the first time ever the other day and had no problem going through it. I had more trouble on straight roads.

It's not the roundabouts fault. The roundabout is a good idea.

Yeah to be honest, even though I've been driving with mouse the whole time I've been playing LFS, it's quite simple to get through if you get the turning right. Gives a bit of variety to the track instead of doing the same thing over and over again.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Sebas - 2014-01-03 14:26

I like the Roundabout too, i just wish it could be a little bit wider. At the moment, I think its too cramped and causes cars to be wedged way too easily.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Toni - 2014-01-03 14:37

The new roundabout on Blackwood is not a very good idea at all

well go to server 2 then, there is no rb

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - BP - 2014-01-03 14:39

(2014-01-03 14:37)Toni Wrote:  well go to server 2 then, there is no rb

I think this was unintentional and I believe it will be put onto server two shortly.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Edwin - 2014-01-03 15:42

I like the idea of a roundabout on blackwood as the track can be very insipid at times. I just don't like the fact that it is too cramped which can cause people who miss their braking point and go straight into the roundabout which causes a domino effect on the cars behind.

RE: Blackwood Roundabout - Josh - 2014-01-03 16:02

If you're crashing into it or clipping a barrier, you need to slow down more. That's the whole point of having a roundabout at a junction, to slow traffic at a certain part of road.

We have roundabouts on pretty much all of our servers and this one doesn't cause any more problems than the rest of them.

I like it because it gives you something else to navigate on what is quite an open track.