[TC] Gaming Forums
Locator Device - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Locator Device (/showthread.php?tid=10603)

Locator Device - peterjbruins - 2014-02-02 18:02

I've seen that a 'Locator device' can be bought for €10,000, but what is it...? What does it do and what can it be used for?

I have read all the manuals, but couldn't find anything about it.

RE: Locator Device - Dan - 2014-02-02 18:08

You can type !locate <username> and the location of the person you have set it to will be displayed.

Also, if you go on as a [TOW], it will tell you where the person is that has called for a TOW, along with their distance from you.

RE: Locator Device - peterjbruins - 2014-02-02 18:12

(2014-02-02 18:08)DanielP Wrote:  You can type !locate <username> and the location of the person you have set it to will be displayed.

Also, if you go on as a [TOW], it will tell you where the person is that has called for a TOW, along with their distance from you.

Thanks for you reply!

Does it look like 'Siren' or 'Caution' sign, or does it just display the road, like when you are chasing someone as a cop?

RE: Locator Device - Dan - 2014-02-02 18:14

The information will be displayed in the LEAS System area (the box in the top right, where - yes, as you said - when you are chasing someone as a cop). As a TOW, it will be displayed in the HUD display at the very top. Information on the Heads up Display can be found here: http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/HUD

RE: Locator Device - Ras - 2014-02-02 18:44

Also, when you do !locate <username> it will show the speed of the targeted user, along with the location. There will also be a text on your screen, showing how far away the user is and in which direction (the text will point that way, like siren/caution/hazard signs)

RE: Locator Device - peterjbruins - 2014-02-02 18:45

(2014-02-02 18:44)Ras Wrote:  Also, when you do !locate <username> it will show the speed of the targeted user, along with the location. There will also be a text on your screen, showing how far away the user is and in which direction (the text will point that way, like siren/caution/hazard signs)

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear!
I'm going to buy one Smile.

RE: Locator Device - Chuck - 2014-02-02 18:49

You will also see a decent, movable aid on screen like a caution or siren indicator showing the distance. Very helpful to find the car you're looking for, especially if the direct view is obstructed, i.e. if the car is behind a barrier or otherwise OOB.

RE: Locator Device - peterjbruins - 2014-02-02 18:52

(2014-02-02 18:49)Chuck Wrote:  You will also see a decent, movable aid on screen like a caution or siren indicator showing the distance. Very helpful to find the car you're looking for, especially if the direct view is obstructed, i.e. if the car is behind a barrier or otherwise OOB.

Very useful for police as well in my opinion, would it also automaticly locate the car I'm chasing?

RE: Locator Device - Chuck - 2014-02-02 18:53

No, that case is intentionally excepted as it would be too much of an advantage for the cops.

RE: Locator Device - Pinkz - 2014-03-01 00:44

what does the word ramming mean can someone tell me
can someone define the word ramming

RE: Locator Device - Warped - 2014-03-01 05:20

(2014-03-01 00:44)try drifter Wrote:  what does the word ramming mean can someone tell me
can someone define the word ramming

You could've made an own thread of yours and then asked your questions. This thread is about a Locator device.

However, ramming means that a person deliberately crashes on another car, with no reason.

The rules page says
Quote:1.2. Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately.
This includes negligent and reckless driving, provoking accidents, for example blocking the track, doing stunts or doughnuts on the road and so on.

RE: Locator Device - Lcee - 2014-03-01 11:53

I think the locator is very unhandy to use, for 10,000 euro's I would expect a much better device as the current one.

For example what I should think how this device should work:

"You bought a Locator, use !locator to activate"
If you do !locator you should get a menu with available names at that moment.

It is very unhandy to everytime type !locate (username), because some people have confusing usernames as ILI which is shown as IlI or have extremely long usernames. If you have just a list like the one you get if you give away a car, it would be much easier to use. I also think people will actually use it more often because they don't have to type those annoying usernames anymore.

RE: Locator Device - BP - 2014-03-01 11:57

(2014-03-01 11:53)Lcee Wrote:  I think the locator is very unhandy to use, for 10,000 euro's I would expect a much better device as the current one.

For example what I should think how this device should work:

"You bought a Locator, use !locator to activate"
If you do !locator you should get a menu with available names at that moment.

It is very unhandy to everytime type !locate (username), because some people have confusing usernames as ILI which is shown as IlI or have extremely long usernames. If you have just a list like the one you get if you give away a car, it would be much easier to use. I also think people will actually use it more often because they don't have to type those annoying usernames anymore.

You don't have to type their username out. Just get the connection list up, hold control+shift, copy their username. That's what I do when getting someone's username (onto the parameter of a command), unless I know it already. I see your point though.

RE: Locator Device - Ash - 2014-03-01 12:32

As above, Control Shift and RIGHT CLICK the name and press your Home button on your keyboard and type: ! Locate.

Quite easy.