[TC] Gaming Forums
!stats variable - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: !stats variable (/showthread.php?tid=12327)

!stats variable - Dan - 2014-05-27 17:25

Hello,

A (in my opinion) relatively small addition to the !stats feature within the InSim, is to add a variable. That variable being someone else's username.

Currently, we can view other users' statistics through the web-based InSim page, however typing "!stats edwintsang" within the server so we can get the same details returned as if we were to do it for ourselves, but instead for the user.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Daniel

RE: !stats Variable - Edwin - 2014-05-27 17:25

Good idea +1

RE: !stats Variable - BP - 2014-05-27 17:26

If it's not too difficult (I doubt it is (EDIT: for Chuck!)), I think this could be a very useful addition.

RE: !stats Variable - Warped - 2014-05-27 17:26

A way to sneakily stalk other players' stats; like it.

+1, support. Smile

RE: !stats variable - Connor - 2014-05-27 17:35

Yeah I like this idea a lot. +1

And CONGRATS BP! Biggrin

RE: !stats variable - Makee - 2014-05-27 18:55

Good idea!! +1

RE: !stats variable - Ras - 2014-05-27 20:03

Would be a nice feature. +1.

RE: !stats variable - Chuck - 2014-05-28 05:55

Unfortunately, the !stats command already has a parameter. But apart of that, how often do you really need it? I figure the command will appear 2 times in the chatlog on the day I implemented it, and then never again.

RE: !stats variable - BP - 2014-05-28 07:10

(2014-05-28 05:55)Chuck Wrote:  Unfortunately, the !stats command already has a parameter. But apart of that, how often do you really need it? I figure the command will appear 2 times in the chatlog on the day I implemented it, and then never again.

Oh yeah, like !stats distance.
If this is ever implemented, it could be something like !getstats [username parameter] but I see your point about it not being used very often. Then again, I'm sure quite a few people look at each other's stats on the InSim page on the website, and this is probably going to be similar.

RE: !stats variable - Dino - 2014-05-28 14:37

I'd love to see this.
Often checking others people stats out of curiosity on the website - would be cool if I do not have to tab out of LFS anymore to do that.

RE: !stats variable - Dan - 2014-05-28 14:46

(2014-05-28 05:55)Chuck Wrote:  Unfortunately, the !stats command already has a parameter. But apart of that, how often do you really need it? I figure the command will appear 2 times in the chatlog on the day I implemented it, and then never again.

Completely forgot about that. Though wouldn't there be an ability to combine the two, e.g. !stats BoyPower copxp

Or would BoyPower's suggestion of !getstats BoyPower work better?

RE: !stats variable - Audiojack - 2014-05-28 14:49

(2014-05-28 14:46)DanielP Wrote:  

Completely forgot about that. Though wouldn't there be an ability to combine the two, e.g. !stats BoyPower copxp

There's a problem with the first one, if there happens to be a player called copxp....

The second one would certainly work.

RE: !stats variable - Dan - 2014-05-28 14:51

(2014-05-28 14:49)Audiojack Wrote:  
(2014-05-28 14:46)DanielP Wrote:  

There's a problem with the first one, if there happens to be a player called copxp....

The second one would certainly work.

Yeah, that's what I was also considering.