[TC] Gaming Forums
CPU Temp Wrong? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: CPU Temp Wrong? (/showthread.php?tid=12379)

Pages: 1 2

CPU Temp Wrong? - GT4tube - 2014-05-29 20:08

[Image: 538791fcbce2f-WTFCPUTEMP.jpg]

I have wrong CPU temp? No understood?

HWMonitor is fake?
Asus Suite II is real?
or what?

Help me? which good program temp cpu?

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Jimmy - 2014-05-29 20:10

try speedfan its free program

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - RedJohn - 2014-05-29 20:17

You are rendering , it is normal for the CPU to hit these temperatures when there is load on it.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - GT4tube - 2014-05-29 20:34

@Jim I know, is high speedfan. But why unreal temp HWMonitor and Asus Suite? i want show for real temp my cpu is?...

@RedJohn Yes why HWMonitor is 77-90*C? Asus Suite is 69*C? why no same show temp my cpu?

I check my case pc cpu is fine wasn't very hot... I have good using is Asus Suite. HWmonitor what happend...

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Jimmy - 2014-05-29 20:51

[Image: 4HAoWWp.jpg]
I meant this program Speedfan

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Bez - 2014-05-29 21:16

I've never had problems with Speedfan. Pretty decent program with accurate readings!

[Image: a7b09469ab.png]

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Tom - 2014-05-29 21:32

I always use speedfan its accurate and said above free Smile
[Image: speedfan_zpsc369a6ac.png]

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - GT4tube - 2014-05-30 06:33

Oh, I thought speed fan lol. Thanks

And show speedfan this:
[Image: 538825a73ebcd-WTF2CPU.jpg]
82*C? wtf.

Really HWMonitor wasn't fake.

what the hell? i have broken any?.............................................

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Bez - 2014-05-30 07:45

Maybe you have a faulty sensor. I have no idea why else you'd get 3 different readings Confused

Mine takes the lowest temp from one of the cores.

[Image: 3417031c83.png]

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Pipa - 2014-05-30 11:48

Usually HW Monitor can be trusted. Maybe Speedfan is mixing up sensors.

If you are really curious compare the bios temps with the HW monitor ones.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - GT4tube - 2014-05-30 14:47

Well, thanks info. Smile I'm fine my pc.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Marty - 2014-05-30 15:10

At the moment I have CoreTemp and Speedfan running at the same time.
They seem to give the same results, roughly.
Interesting detail:
CoreTemp thinks the processor is a Intel i7 28-40QM, wehile Speedfan thinks it's a i7-2630QM.
DirectX says it's a 2630 processor, so Speedfan would be right.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Cola - 2014-05-31 21:59

80ÂșC is pretty realistic, althought a sensor might be dysfunctional if you also get those temperatures while the PC isn't under any load.

- You should clean the CPU fan for dust, or if it's an older system, perhaps you should apply some new thermal paste to the CPU.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Malibu - 2014-05-31 23:28

80 is already over the limit for i3/i5/i7, anything over 75 should get you change your setup.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Pipa - 2014-05-31 23:54

Not really the max is 100, thats when it will start to throttle. Obviously you want to keep it lower than that to make it last a bit, but if the cpu is overclocked then 80 under heavy load is reasonable.

Check with prime95 and if it stays at around 80 you will be fine, as the average day to day temps will be much lower.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Malibu - 2014-06-01 00:33

Just because it doesn't throttle doesn't mean you don't have to worry. Like you said it will heavily affect the CPU's lifespan, but also will cause system failures and crashes. Just checked and for your CPU intel says that to prevent that you need to keep it under 72.6 degrees.

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/52210#@product/specifications
Under Tcase

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Pipa - 2014-06-01 01:33

Please don't confuse Tcase with Tjmax, because if you are talking about limits then tjmax is the one to go for. Going over Tcase will void your warranty, but so will overclocking from what i remember. Probably similar to the speedlimit on winter tyres, you shouldn't go above 200km/h but they will still work if you do.

It just depends what you want to do with it and how you want to use it. If you leave it unclocked then certainly it shouldn't go above that temperature, but if you want to overclock it then you will easily surpass that temperature under heavy load. From what i remember by overclocking my i7 3770k 3 months ago i passed 70 rather quickly, although to be fair the ivy bridge will get much hotter. tcase was somwhere around 68 or so.

I have only overclocked cpus twice so far and have very little knowledge or experience, but claiming that the system will crash by going over 72 under a stress test is laughable.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Malibu - 2014-06-01 09:45

I didn't mean that it will definitely cause your system to fail, I meant that the higher you go over that limit, the more likely you are to get random failures/crashes (BSOD). And again the Tjmax is the limit where it starts to throttle.

What I am saying here is just what I was taught by really experienced guys when I started overclocking. You don't have to follow it but I am just trying to help.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Audiojack - 2014-06-01 11:38

I can agree with what Malibu is saying there, before I upgraded my CPU cooler years back I used to have some random (albeit rare) blue screens when playing some CPU intensive games. The chip was never really overheating per se but it was not in the optimum range anymore and after long sessions would randomly glitch about, especially in Flight Simulator X.

RE: CPU Temp Wrong? - Pipa - 2014-06-01 12:20

(2014-06-01 09:45)Malibu Wrote:  What I am saying here is just what I was taught by really experienced guys when I started overclocking. You don't have to follow it but I am just trying to help.

Temperature used to be quite important, since old cpus went up in smoke if you pushed them too far.

Also bsod crashes during overclocking are very rarely related to the temperature, far more likely that you still need to tweak settings to make it stable.

This was one guide i used to overclock my cpu, should also work for the i5 2500k posted above.
You should really take a look.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/complete-overclocking-guide-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-asrock-edition