[TC] Gaming Forums
Accommodation in London - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Accommodation in London (/showthread.php?tid=1253)

Accommodation in London - Ras - 2011-12-25 19:31

Im looking into travelling to London in the new year and could use some tips from someone known in the area or who have travelled there before.

Im searching somewhere cheap in the London area to stay a few nights and the only requirements are pretty much that there has to be a bed and that its cheap.

RE: Accommodation in London - Josh - 2011-12-25 20:40

What part of London?

RE: Accommodation in London - Bradd - 2011-12-25 20:56

London is a big place Tongue

RE: Accommodation in London - Ras - 2011-12-25 21:14

Oh yeah forgot to mention that. I was thinking in the Westminster/Soho area. But really, can be anywhere as long as there is easy transport to central London (eg. an Underground station nearby).

RE: Accommodation in London - Brad - 2011-12-25 21:23

Maybe look on Google Maps for a Travelodge?

RE: Accommodation in London - Josh - 2011-12-25 22:32

To be honest, Westminster and Soho don't go hand in hand with cheap, especially at such short notice during the Christmas period. As brad says a Travel Lodge (or Holiday Inn) may be best, but again, finding a room for a good price may be difficult.

You could probably look a lot further out than the City, travel isn't usually a problem going in and out of Central London, but then you may face the problem of Christmas period travel services (reduced or no service at all, or, increased service).

Can't really advise any specific places or other help other than what I've said.

GL,

Josh.

RE: Accommodation in London - Ras - 2011-12-25 22:36

Im not going now in christmas, its gonna be in the new year. One of the first months of the year probably. Thanks for the advice so far.

RE: Accommodation in London - Cas - 2011-12-25 22:40

Find someone you know you can stay with. Tongue You can't get it any cheaper. Surely he could stay at yours Brad? Smile

RE: Accommodation in London - Ras - 2011-12-25 23:41

Well of course... but those i know are those from here and im not sure i dare that Tongue

RE: Accommodation in London - Cas - 2011-12-25 23:45

Haha, that´s fair to say. I wouldn´t dare to stay with Brad either. Atleast you wouldn´t be able to complain about the price.. although, depends what kind of price you'd have to pay Wink

RE: Accommodation in London - Stevo - 2011-12-25 23:48

My advice: Cheap will be hard, and will come with an interesting stay if you go bottom end.

Find a Choice Hotels one like The Quality Hotel who i'm with they tend to be good on prices.

RE: Accommodation in London - Leon - 2011-12-26 14:12

Generally hotels are very expensive during the weekends compared to regular days. Don´t know if that´s helpful. I stayed at a few hotels during my UK trip, and several of them had 50% off the list price weekdays.

RE: Accommodation in London - Ras - 2011-12-26 15:38

(2011-12-26 14:12)Leon Wrote:  Generally hotels are very expensive during the weekends compared to regular days. Don´t know if that´s helpful. I stayed at a few hotels during my UK trip, and several of them had 50% off the list price weekdays.
Thats worth considering, thanks.

RE: Accommodation in London - Rasmus - 2011-12-26 16:31

You leaving me here in Denmarks Ras ? Biggrin
What are you gonna do in UK All by yourself ? Tongue

RE: Accommodation in London - Malibu - 2011-12-26 16:34

(2011-12-26 14:12)Leon Wrote:  Generally hotels are very expensive during the weekends compared to regular days. Don´t know if that´s helpful. I stayed at a few hotels during my UK trip, and several of them had 50% off the list price weekdays.

Really depends on the hotel/area. Quite some hotels are aimed at business travelers thus expensive on weekdays and cheap in the weekend.

RE: Accommodation in London - Ras - 2011-12-26 17:08

(2011-12-26 16:31)Rasmus Wrote:  You leaving me here in Denmarks Ras ? Biggrin
Lol i will just stay there one or two nights and basically i just feel like leaving the danish border and see something different for a change and since i love UK and especially London (been there once), thats where i choose to travel to Smile And i guess its not impossible i will bump into someone from here, when im there anyway Tongue

RE: Accommodation in London - Rasmus - 2011-12-26 17:29

(2011-12-26 17:08)Ras Wrote:  
Lol i will just stay there one or two nights and basically i just feel like leaving the danish border and see something different for a change and since i love UK and especially London (been there once), thats where i choose to travel to Smile And i guess its not impossible i will bump into someone from here, when im there anyway Tongue

Take me with you Biggrin

RE: Accommodation in London - Ras - 2011-12-26 18:17

(2011-12-26 17:29)Rasmus Wrote:  
(2011-12-26 17:08)Ras Wrote:  

Take me with you Biggrin
Sure, as long you pay for yourself Tongue