[TC] Gaming Forums
Photoshop - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Photoshop (/showthread.php?tid=12985)

Photoshop - Ash - 2014-07-02 19:41

Hey Guys

Looking for a smidge of help...

Was wondering if its possible to have a "Lasso Line" tool? ie I can just have a start and finish point and then expand the line so its wider?

Basically its for cutting the batternburg vinyl on a skin.

Anyone got any tips?

Many Thanks

Ash

RE: Photoshop - Dan - 2014-07-02 19:50

The only thing I get from a "lasso line tool" is possibly this?...

[Image: 7L2d6E486I.png]

Don't really understand, sorry. Smile

Edit: I know it's not the lasso tool, but it allows you to draw shapes etc. You can also transform the selection.

RE: Photoshop - Audiojack - 2014-07-02 19:56

It's the polygon lasso and it's under the same button as the regular lasso tool.

E: [Image: 22.jpg]

RE: Photoshop - Dan - 2014-07-02 19:57

Was going to suggest the polygon lasso tool, lol. That allows you to set points and join them up to the first one (or hold CTRL and click and it'll join it up) that is more shaped. You can right click on the lasso tool to get this one. The only reason I suggested the marquee tool was because you said you wanted to make it wider, which I didn't quite understand. Smile

RE: Photoshop - Ash - 2014-07-02 19:59

Thanks guys

Ive been using the Polygon tool and works alright. I was just thinking it would be easier to draw a line and increase the thickness of it to delete the batternburg. Probably making this sound so much more complicated than need be lol

RE: Photoshop - Audiojack - 2014-07-02 20:01

(2014-07-02 19:59)Ash Wrote:  Thanks guys

Ive been using the Polygon tool and works alright. I was just thinking it would be easier to draw a line and increase the thickness of it to delete the batternburg. Probably making this sound so much more complicated than need be lol

I would use the rectangular marquee tool for that and rotate or skew it accordingly (using the transform tools.)

RE: Photoshop - Dan - 2014-07-02 20:02

You can draw something using the marquee tool, right click on the area and transform the selection:

[Image: 4i5X6E0x6p.png]

Or if the area you aren't wanting to get rid of isn't square/rectangular, you can just use the polygonal lasso tool like below:

[Image: 7g3M794K2s.png]

RE: Photoshop - Pipa - 2014-07-02 22:35

Mine is in german, so check if you have this:

[Image: NMqqwjj.jpg]

Select and exclude the line from the layer you want later. I prefer the pen tool though.