[TC] Gaming Forums
Unban please (Unban Request Denied by BoyPower) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Unban Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Forum: Unban Requests - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+----- Thread: Unban please (Unban Request Denied by BoyPower) (/showthread.php?tid=13034)

Unban please (Unban Request Denied by BoyPower) - Lakupappa - 2014-07-05 21:05

- Your LFS Username: lakupappa

- Time & Date of Incident: 5/7/2014 23:30

- Replay / Screenshot Link: -
- Replay Timestamps: -

- Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

Someone was trying to pass me in curve and i hitted by accident him and he spinned and i rammed him a bit not much. Then he took full speed and crashed me and i went to roof and asked him wtf is he doing. I tried to explain to him that it was accident that i spinned him when he tried to pass me i didnt even swear when i was explaining it and then admin just said that you got banned before for a week and then i got banned dont know how long but i realy want to unban becouse this is my favorite server. Sad i feel that that ban was unfair..

Unban please - Val - 2014-07-05 21:06

The admin who placed the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly

RE: Unban please - BP - 2014-07-05 21:32

Hi,

You weren't banned for anything to do with your contact with the other person, in fact, I did not see it at all. I just noticed you hurling insults in the main chat, including "idiot" and calling the same person "retarted" [sic]. I checked your URS and noticed you've sworn a lot in the past, even twice after being banned partly for swearing.

Since you've brought it up, I've checked my replay on the situation you're referring to. He was very foolish to overtake just before a right hander, and the initial contact, I would say, was not your fault. But then you go on to hit him intentionally.

Further down the road he completely and speedily rams you, whilst endangering a random user in the process. I have banned him for 62 days for this, a much heftier ban than yours.

You should be reminded that insulting people is not tolerated as it sets a bad example and creates an unpleasant gaming environment and that is why it is punished relatively harshly.

If you have a problem with somebody, you should tell an admin or report it (!report or forum report). In this case I would have rather you forum reported it because there was a lot of people and chat going on at the time, meaning if I were to check a replay for a particular incident, there would have been more undesirable stuff going on completely unnoticed. I was the only admin online. Provided a forum report is valid (in this case it would have been), action would get taken every single time, as forum reports get checked without fail.

I feel 7 days for yourself is fair.

BP

RE: Unban please - Lakupappa - 2014-07-05 21:45

(2014-07-05 21:32)BoyPower Wrote:  Hi,

You weren't banned for anything to do with your contact with the other person, in fact, I did not see it at all. I just noticed you hurling insults in the main chat, including "idiot" and calling the same person "retarted" [sic]. I checked your URS and noticed you've sworn a lot in the past, even twice after being banned partly for swearing.

Since you've brought it up, I've checked my replay on the situation you're referring to. He was very foolish to overtake just before a right hander, and the initial contact, I would say, was not your fault. But then you go on to hit him intentionally.

Further down the road he completely and speedily rams you, whilst endangering a random user in the process. I have banned him for 62 days for this, a much heftier ban than yours.

You should be reminded that insulting people is not tolerated as it sets a bad example and creates an unpleasant gaming environment and that is why it is punished relatively harshly.

If you have a problem with somebody, you should tell an admin or report it (!report or forum report). In this case I would have rather you forum reported it because there was a lot of people and chat going on at the time, meaning if I were to check a replay for a particular incident, there would have been more undesirable stuff going on completely unnoticed. I was the only admin online. Provided a forum report is valid (in this case it would have been), action would get taken every single time, as forum reports get checked without fail.

I feel 7 days for yourself is fair.

BP

Yeah it was pretty stupid from me to start raging. I try to be more peaceful and not to rage so easily but thanks for only week ban and not more.

RE: Unban please - BP - 2014-07-05 21:56

Just to clear a few things up, though:

Lakupappa Wrote:i didnt even swear when i was explaining it

I know you didn't swear in this case but I just wanted to mention it to you because you had two swearing fines since your first week ban.

Lakupappa Wrote:admin just said that you got banned before for a week and then i got banned dont know how long

This is actually what I said to you:

Code:
2014-07-05 20:05:55 UTC Jamaica Boypower [TC]›BP‹ : Laku - you're being banned for a week

I did not say that your last ban was one week (but coincidentally (for you) it was).

Anyway, I think you understand well enough why you were banned, but I'm not going to alter the length.

During this time, it's advisory that you read the [TC] Manual and Rules to ensure something like this doesn't happen again. Next time you know to report instead of insulting, because that generally worsens the situation.

http://city-driving.co.uk/manual/
http://city-driving.co.uk/rules/

Thanks.

Unban Request Denied