[TC] Gaming Forums
Donations - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Donations (/showthread.php?tid=1319)

Pages: 1 2

Donations - Trance - 2011-12-30 22:07

Not Sure If i like the new site of things.
Don't get me wrong good idea. but after repairs and all that. it seems its gonna be impossible to save up for anything.

So how About Setting Up A PayPal to help say server running costs. and for donationg. we get some features.

I.E Money,Double XP for a week.

coz in a way. it feels like a lot of other servers now.. like withought the jobs.

like in other servers the person does so many KM's then has to have something to eat. but in TC's case. do 6000 km's service the car.

RE: Donations - Josh - 2011-12-30 22:15

I don't like the idea of "buying" your way through the game.

RE: Donations - Trance - 2011-12-30 22:17

Not Buy. I Said Get Some Extra Features. Like Double XP. Or A Bigger Bonus For Compleating 10km,20km and so on. with the new insim. u guys must be able to add features

RE: Donations - Josh - 2011-12-30 23:01

Yes, but you'd essentially be paying for these features that would help you earn more. Thus, buying your way through the game/buying your way to more money/cars/add-ons.

It may work, depending on how much we get in donations we'd have to decide carefully what/who the money goes towards.

RE: Donations - bullet - 2011-12-31 00:29

Me no like.

RE: Donations - Stevo - 2011-12-31 00:52

I agree with josh. But if you want to donate do so, donating means helping out to the free service given, and how you explained that you would be paying for extra features.

RE: Donations - Pipa - 2011-12-31 12:22

Up to chuck really, if he could do with some donations then why not.

RE: Donations - Brad - 2011-12-31 12:26

Donations will always be welcome id assume, but you don't get any extra features in return. Otherwise it's not really a donation, it's just a purchase...

RE: Donations - =WOLF=[NO] - 2011-12-31 12:47

I just drove 1000km's to get my FZ5, and the XRG I used for the first 900km's is hardly worn(far from need of service), so the reasoning is mute imo.

Yes, you need to work your way up again, but how is that diferent from any other insim-reset?

Ppl should earn their way by driving on the server, not paying off someone.

RE: Donations - Roba - 2011-12-31 13:50

I think TC is pretty much as good as cruise servers can get, I don't like the idea of donating for TC and get some extra features...

Exept if you get the extra feature for a short amount of time i.e. one week,

then again if you donate again, like minimum 5€ donation?

RE: Donations - Kyllone - 2011-12-31 16:08

Not good idea. Things should be earned by driving ingame, not buying them with real money.

RE: Donations - Zipppy - 2012-01-01 00:54

Honestly, I don't want lfs to turn into those pointless iPhone apps that you only get things through payment.

RE: Donations - Street - 2012-01-01 14:16

If you were to donate, it would be to support the wonderful work and wonderful server you already get. Chuck has already given so much to this community for free.

RE: Donations - MoliskScout - 2012-01-04 21:52

The maximum donors should get is a forum tag, user title, whatever its called.
There is even a way to donate? I can't find any.

RE: Donations - Turkey - 2012-01-04 23:25

Donations, yes. Purchasing insim money or anything along those lines, BIG NO.

One of the things that suck when you take up a Motorsport in real life is that money often effects how successful you are - you may come across racers that are less skilled than you, yet have ridiculous amounts of money to spend on their vehicle.

For goodness sake lets not give the rich an advantage over the poor in simulated driving too!

RE: Donations - Jon - 2012-01-04 23:35

Yes, i would donate my real life money to Chuck, as i know it cost's him to run the servers.

As for 'buying' extra features, i would say no, just would not be right, people 'cruise' and 'cop' to earn money, and ultimately get rewards for what they 'earn'.

Would not be right for people to be able to 'Buy' what other people spend time earning.

RE: Donations - Tommer - 2012-01-05 00:01

Huuuuge +1 to everything Turkey said.

By all means donate to Chuck and [TC], I'm sure they'd appreciate less weight of the cost of running servers, and maybe some free beers for hard work on the InSim, and the servers in general.

But don't turn our community into a 'free to play, pay to win' type of community Mellow

Edit: And definately don't base experience off of how much you pay ¬¬ What a silly idea.

RE: Donations - Malibu - 2012-01-05 01:05

Maybe there could be donation rewards that don't effect how good you are in-game, maybe something like custom VIN's, or something like that if it's even possible Tongue

RE: Donations - Street - 2012-01-05 01:43

I actually quite like that idea Malibu Tongue

The main issue I have with InSim related donation rewards, even non-gameplay effecting ones, is that, ironically, the person you are donating to to help, will be the one who ends up spending more time on the awards Tongue

RE: Donations - McGherkin - 2012-01-05 01:50

Don't tell me you wouldn't take a round the world cruise next summer with your share of the donations? Tongue