[TC] Gaming Forums
- Reporting - Rifo (Archived by Elmo) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: - Reporting - Rifo (Archived by Elmo) (/showthread.php?tid=1321)

- Reporting - Rifo (Archived by Elmo) - Tommer - 2011-12-31 01:22

My user; tommer
There username; [TC]>Rifo
Rifo's user; rifo_1987

Reason;

Really it's unlike me to need to report a [TC] Member, but today was a case where I genuinely believe rules were being broken by a [TC] Member here.

The rule in question is rule 1.2, which states to quote

Quote:1.2 Don't crash or ram other cars Delibrately.

In the replay Rifo applies the brakes a few times around the track trying to spin me, and whilst these were not too heavy and I could evade crashing (just about) it's still an attempt to crash me.

I take this cool, maybe Rifo isn't aware and I just tell him that you know people get told off for doing that kind of thing,

Street mentions about admin discretion and I agree, there are many forms of brake checking, for example when a cop is alongside my car I will brakecheck so they pass me, which I beleive is acceptable as it is not an attempt to crash there car.

What I don't believe is acceptable is brake checking with the cop behind you with the intention to crash them, because that's exactly it, 'crashing other cars Deliberately' , and there's no denying that.

Cops are allowed to use calculated nudges and PIT manouvers, so are the suspects, not brute force with the intention to damadge and crash the car into whatever moving/non moving objects there might be available :/

Eventually the inevitable did happen, and he did crash me, into oncoming traffic, brake checking me quite hard where I had no chance of avoiding him, and I've been around long enough to know people have been told many times this kind of thing is unacceptable, and I don't see why Rifo should be an exception here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8l37c25evpn9sea

3:19:08 is the first notable occurance and it repeats later on in the chase multiple times.
3:39:44 was the hit that caused me to make the report, if you watch in slow motion you can see he slams the brakes as hard as they will go, the hit is hard enough to spin my car 90 degrees and send me hurtling into traffic and was a very obvious deliberate attempt to crash my car, no matter how you look at it.

PS. Sorry the replay is so long. :/

Reporting - Rifo - Rifo - 2011-12-31 01:35

This report is being looked into. Please be patient.

Well, first of all, I would like to thank you for reporting me and stating your opinion. I like people that are straight in the face.

Let me just clarify the definition of a Brake Check.

Brake Checking : is when the suspect brakes directly in front of a cop.
Reason : is to try to make the cop lose control.
How : when the cop nudges the suspect or hits him, he'll probably lose control (if he doesn't know how to control his car properly) and the suspect has higher chance to escape and more time on his hands.

Your argument : you said I was ramming you by brake checking.

My argument : how would I be ramming you if YOU are the one hitting my car ? and if you did lose control and wrong sided another player, why am I blamed ? I just don't see the connection or the relevance here.

Anyway, I'll leave this to higher TCs to state their opinion. Smile

RE: Reporting - Rifo - Street - 2011-12-31 01:45

This report is about a TC, and will thus be discussed internally amongst management before a decision is posted regarding the outcome.

Any action taken may also be internal.

RE: Reporting - Rifo - Elmo - 2011-12-31 02:11

(2011-12-31 01:22)Tommer Wrote:  there are many forms of brake checking, for example when a cop is alongside my car I will brakecheck so they pass me, which I beleive is acceptable as it is not an attempt to crash there car.

First thing's first.
The definition of brake-check is to brake while there is a car directly behind you to test(check) their brakes. If the car behind is driving too close, or their brakes suck, they're going to hit you.
The term 'brake-check' makes no sense if the car is along side or anywhere other than behind.

For quite a long time (some years), we have treated break-checking by the suspect thus (it was discussed,either internally or externally, I forget, in the old forum, but as you know we've lost the data so I cannot directly refer to it):
It is the suspect's responsibility for any damage or physical reaction caused to the suspect's car. They cannot blame the cop for ramming into them, especially if the cop reacted in reasonable time (where possible).

The reasons being twofold:
1. That there are a number of techniques that can be used by the cop(s) to reduce or eliminate damage and to turn the situation against the suspect. These techniques can be particularly effectively executed when (as in this case) the suspect is known to attempt brake-checks.
2. If a brake-check was performed outside a chase situation, the fault would lie solely on the person following, as a collision would be impossible if the follower was driving at a safe distance for the speed and paying due attention. While the person doing the brake-check is potentially performing a dangerous manoeuvre, it is still the following car's responsibility to maintain a safe distance and be able to react to potential hazards.

I personally do not recall a time in the last few years where admin action has been taken against a suspect for brake-checking a cop. However, there has on occasion been action taken against cops who have failed to react when they have had plenty of time to do so.

This is a response regarding brake-checking in general. I have not yet viewed the replay and this incident will be reviewed internally.

RE: Reporting - Rifo - Elmo - 2012-01-04 15:19

Right, lets put this one to bed.

1. Brake-checking is generally a legitimate tactic (for reasons above) and afaik always has been.

2. The incident you reported could very well not been a brake-check at all - the same thing would happen if Rifo was braking to turn right onto hillside pass.
Even if you count it as a brake-check, your car was so close to his at the time that under normal circumstances, neither car would be damaged and neither car would have been forced off course. The only reason yours did get sent off course was that it was so damaged it was tracking heavily to one side anyway.

Due to the fact that you knew both that your car was heavily damaged and you knew that Rifo had used the brake-check tactic a number of times, your getting spun out should have come as no surprise to you.

Conclusion: Rifo did nothing wrong at all with regards to brake-checking. Everyone who has seen the replay and has spoken about it to me agrees.

No action has been taken for reasons described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.