[TC] Gaming Forums
!caution when !chase has ended? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: !caution when !chase has ended? (/showthread.php?tid=13380)

!caution when !chase has ended? - Marty - 2014-08-01 15:35

I was just wondering this, maybe this could be implemented for more safety.
When a chase has ended, the sirens visible on the track go away immediately. Often, the suspect and police are still on the road standing still.
If the chase has been ended because of the suspect crashed heavily, the chase could be standing still in a dangerous position.
Is it an idea to change the !siren into a !caution automatically when a chase has been stopped and the suspect and cops are standing still in the road?

It means the drivers around the ended chase still have to be cautious on cars that are standing still.
Once the cars are driving again, the !caution could be ended automatically.

Is this an idea or can I walk to the garbage can with it? Wink

Greets,

Marty

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - BP - 2014-08-01 15:40

It sounds like an automatic hazard would be best for this since if there are cars stationary in the road, then that is more of an actual hazard. Also, hazards are disabled when the person who enabled the hazard moves.

However, I'm not sure if it's possible to detect whether you're on the road itself or not. If there is nothing in the road itself, it is not really caution or hazard worthy.

Cops can always bind !caution and/or !hazard to a key, for as soon as the suspect is busted.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Matt - 2014-08-01 15:52

I got told in training to take my siren off and put caution on when talking to a suspect, just ensure it becomes routine and it should be fine-doing it automatically just gets a bit irritating.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Edwin - 2014-08-01 16:01

I don't think there is need for this as most cops turn cautions on after a dangerous accident which ends a chase occurs.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Dan - 2014-08-01 16:10

What I do is when busting the suspect, turn off my !siren and put on !caution. However, the problem with this is that the InSim does !alloff when the suspect is busting, therefore turning off the caution which is a pain. It can take a couple of seconds to retype, and it doesn't always work first time due to lag. If it could be changed so that the InSim sends out !siren rather than !alloff, I feel it would work better.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Warped - 2014-08-04 07:05

I've not had any problems with this. Having other visual commands on, such as !caution and !follow, will not go anywhere as the !chase or !siren ends. Meaning, if you use !caution after or before you've initiated a !chase, it won't go anywhere; I tested this today. It shows on the police's screen that they don't have any visual cautions on, however on other people's screen they have.

Perhaps Chuck can tell something more about this.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - KaraK - 2014-08-04 09:38

Warped, that's not what this is about? Tongue

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Warped - 2014-08-04 09:51

I don't know which one of us is confused, but I'm pretty sure I answered the OP quite accurately (I've also re-read it to avoid misunderstandings, however I still can't find how I was wrong).

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Luke - 2014-08-04 09:56

It is routine for Cops to disable sirens during a stop and enable caution if located in a dangerous place.

However for this situation, it is also a good idea to get into the habit of enabling caution after a chase has finish. But it as Dan said, the !alloff bit stops you from doing this so it can be a little awkward. I suppose something could be done to improve it a little.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Warped - 2014-08-04 10:07

Sure it could be great if !caution's on for a couple of seconds after a chase. But it's not a problem for police to put !caution on before they bust someone because, as I said, I still saw the caution of the other police officer when he finished with his chase (tested with a police officer having initiated a chase, meanwhile having !caution “under the !siren”; after !lost the !caution overtook the !siren automatically without any problems). I'm still going to test it again today, to be sure.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - Pipa - 2014-08-04 11:19

-1 as most of the time, caution is not necessary and for all other cases i can manually enable it quickly.

RE: !caution when !chase has ended? - KaraK - 2014-08-04 11:30

*snip*

Oops, I didn't read properly. Sorry Warped, I now understand your previous reply as well.
In that case it's an InSim bug and should be fixed I think Smile