[TC] Gaming Forums
Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here (/showthread.php?tid=13441)

Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - mogey5101 - 2014-08-04 22:35

I started a discussion over at the LFS forums about bringing it over to Steam, although there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding this.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86185

Thoughts?

RE: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - Malibu - 2014-08-05 12:38

Could bring a lot more people to LFS

RE: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - RedJohn - 2014-08-05 13:18

Could be bring a lot of trolls too Tongue

RE: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - Audiojack - 2014-08-05 13:48

Personally I would rather not use Steam or other external services at all, currently I have it installed only because ArmA 3 needs it.

And I agree with most of the comments on LFSForum although I do understand the other side of it as well. Still, I don't think it would be worth it since right now everything is very tightly integrated for the LFS devs (all the payment methods and web based services etc. are in their hands)

RE: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - THE WIZARD DK - 2014-08-05 18:13

(2014-08-04 22:35)mogey5101 Wrote:  I started a discussion over at the LFS forums about bringing it over to Steam, although there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding this.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86185

Thoughts?

when steam crashes or youre not connected to internet.. then you cant play your games even if installed to hdd.. just a thought..

if you have raptr. it is known to crash lfs btw.. steam can too.. both sucks tbh..

RE: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - KaraK - 2014-08-05 18:56

(2014-08-05 18:13)THE WIZARD DK Wrote:  when steam crashes or youre not connected to internet.. then you cant play your games even if installed to hdd.. just a thought..

Yeah you can...
It's called playing offline, and it's a simple button on the Steam login screen when it fails to connect to the internet "Start in offline mode".

Tbh I think the issue of using steam for LFS yes or no is very debatable. Me myself wouldn't mind it, but then again what the people are saying against is is true as well.

RE: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - mogey5101 - 2014-08-05 23:59

The devs don't have to move all of the users over to Steam either. Current options can still exist along side a listing in the Steam store. You don't have to use Steam if you don't want to. Look at games like Don't Starve for example, DRM free versions are sold through the Humble Store and GoG.com, but users can buy it on Steam if they want a Steam copy.

RE: Just cross posting a topic from the LFS forum here - Chuck - 2014-08-06 06:01

[thread cleaned]

Guys, stick to the topic or say nothing at all. This isn't a picture show.