[TC] Gaming Forums
Cop test--Out of date? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Cop test--Out of date? (/showthread.php?tid=13855)

Cop test--Out of date? - nayr - 2014-08-28 02:34

I've taken the cop test twice and failed it twice. Yes, I will admit the first time I was quite unprepared. However, after having studies quite thoroughly the cop manual as well as the cop section of the rules page, I thought I had been very prepared for every question. A few oddballs appeared, and after looking through the rules and the manual, I could find no answer to these questions. I then asked a [TC] member who was online, who turned out to be wrong in the end. I also got several other questions wrong that I took directly word for word from the rules and/or manual. I think that either the test should be changed to match the rule page, or the rule page be changed to match the test. There are many subjects on the test that are cloudy, even for a [TC] member. Unfortunately, I do not have specific details as to which questions, because I cannot review the test that I took. I can, however, provide a screenshot.

RE: Cop test--Out of date? - Dan - 2014-08-28 02:42

Roadblocks

http://city-driving.co.uk/manual/police_guide Wrote:Other units inside or outside of the pursuit may setup roadblocks upon request of the pursuing officers. For example and officer can request a roadblock by communicating in the cop radio channel: !c Requesting roadblock at Highway 1. [..]

Road laws

http://city-driving.co.uk/manual/police_guide Wrote:Playing on our servers as a Police Officer is to play as the law enforcer. This means that you must ensure you follow all the road laws and set an example to other traffic on our servers, [..]

Fines
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1E2jBSgqQjmuZfQhLt-MthVViq87BT5jzuQ19-RqHpEk&

Roadblock breakthrough
Probably mentioned in that above.

On second thoughts, I guess giving you the above might not be necessary seeing as different questions might come up. Seriously though, use the resources, and CTRL F (Search) for keywords. The keywords might not necessarily be explicit, but use common sense and use synonyms based around the general idea of what the question is asking.

RE: Cop test--Out of date? - nayr - 2014-08-28 03:03

CTRL+F was being used the entire length of the search.

Roadblock breakthrough
"You are permitted to use the force necessary (including moderate rams) to break through a roadblock. Avoid damaging the cops as far as possible. Using unreasonable or excessive force (like running flat out intentionally in the roadblock) is forbidden." was read on the TC rules page, and the answer was selected along the lines of "Force may be used, but not excessive."

Road laws
I recall the question being about cops being allowed to break road laws when not in any kind of chase. It is clear to me that cops may not break road laws out of a chase, and a report should be issued if that has taken place. However, this was not the case. This is the question that I asked a [TC] member about, because the question was unclear. His answer, out of the choices, was "3 and 4. "not in general" and"only when strobe and sirens are being used" as in only in a chase".

Fines
I read on the manual and/or the rules page that fines may be issued according to the official fines-list. That is the answer that I selected, and it was marked wrong.

Roadblocks

This may be referring to the question of what to do when you are setting up a roadblock, and someone comes into view. I selected the answer referring to you not moving until the suspect and all police pass safely.

This could also be referring to the question when to be able to set up a roadblock, and I answered, after review of the manual, that a roadblock is to be set up after another cop in a chase requests so, and that it is not necessary to be in a chase to set up a roadblock.

In combing the rules and manual, no definitive answer was found regardless if they were "word-for-word", or simply the same idea. Common sense was used in my answers which comply with all rules typed on the various resources as well as stated by [TC] members.

I apologise for the lengthy response.

RE: Cop test--Out of date? - Byran - 2014-08-28 04:53

There are some trick questions. And only a couple that have two answers atleast that's what was on my test. This can be confusing but if the question and answers are read thoroughly then you have a high chance.

RE: Cop test--Out of date? - Spark - 2014-08-28 05:49

Keep your head up, you will get it. Practice makes perfect so try harder if you really want it. Cause in the end it will pay off. GL

RE: Cop test--Out of date? - Chuck - 2014-08-28 06:09

I've reviewed you test and all mistakes you made were actual mistakes.
However, I want to highlight some parts that you should particularly pay attention to next time:
In fact, you even miss to answer an entire question completely.

4.5. Roadblocks

Cops may set up roadblocks to stop a suspect. Randomly placed roadblocks are forbidden. The car(s) forming a roadblock must not move after it is in view of the suspect.
Cops participating in the chase may request cops who are outside the chase to set up roadblocks. The outside cops may not participate in any way other than setting up the roadblock. (ie they must not help to box the suspect)

-Difference between careless and dangerous driving

3.10. Force
You are permitted to use minor force/physical contact to evade arrest, but no more than the force cops are permitted to use on you. See 5.4.
You are permitted to use the force necessary (including moderate rams) to break through a roadblock. Avoid damaging the cops as far as possible. Using unreasonable or excessive force (like running flat out intentionally in the roadblock) is forbidden.

4.2. Road Laws
Cops must obey road laws when not in a chase.

RE: Cop test--Out of date? - Pipa - 2014-08-28 06:23

Chuck basicly summed it up, if you didn't miss one question i bet you could have passed the test. The rest were rather easy mistakes.

For example:
When you see somebody drifting then it will only be classed as "dangerous driving" if a person around him got actually endangered. Otherwise it is classed as "careless driving".