[TC] Gaming Forums
Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Promotional Video Competition Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=13868)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - MousemanLV - 2014-10-08 04:28

I'll leave it here, posted it on LFSf as well. Feel free to argue with me, I don't mind that.

Quote:In my honest opinion, synchronization was...quite bad. It wasn't really that enjoyable, because I think more or less with that stutter, those shots were ruined. Also, some scenes were quite lagging and some scenes didn't look that good because involved crashing (no, they didn't involve the expected P.I.T maneuver, it was more like just ramming).

Kudos for effort, but there's no real need to make a video complicated. It had..too much, way too much that just in general ruined everything.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Dracula - 2014-10-08 05:12

Looks absolutely fine to me!
Great work Oscar Smile

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Tibe - 2014-10-08 06:38

Great work Oscar! Smile

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - GT4tube - 2014-10-08 07:40

Smile Biggrin Smile

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Olli - 2014-10-08 08:05

Really nice video, well done Oscar Wink

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Luke - 2014-10-08 11:00

If you are really picky you can pick out the flaws, not the worlds greatest video but it was a great attempt and the final outcome turned out really well in my opinion. Criticism should be taken on board as advice not offence. LFS is not an easy game to get some good cinematic live action shots. It follows little support.

Nice video Oscar! Nevertheless Smile

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - MousemanLV - 2014-10-08 13:44

(2014-10-08 11:00)LuckyLuke Wrote:  LFS is not an easy game to get some good cinematic live action shots

Yes, I suppose, but some people have mastered it, including my teammate from team D-MaX SunRise (video preview below if you are interested).

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Dowpy - 2014-10-08 13:51

I prefer Oscar's vid.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Oscar - 2014-10-08 14:11

Thanks everyone! and mouseman, that was my 3rd video i have ever done of lfs and mixing my editing style with lfs was quite a challenge i cant please everyone with my video as it appears here. but im only gonna get better and im trying to "master" the camerawork etc for the future. and yes it could have been alot better but im happy the way it turned out. thanks for your opinion though.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - MousemanLV - 2014-10-08 16:53

(2014-10-08 14:11)Oscar Wrote:  i cant please everyone with my video as it appears here.
Some people might prefer something different, that's okay.

(2014-10-08 14:11)Oscar Wrote:  but im only gonna get better and im trying to "master" the camerawork etc for the future
Just try to develop your own style, my opinion is not that important. You clearly got something going on there, you just got to work on it and eventually you will create your own style for video making.

(2014-10-08 13:51)Dowpy Wrote:  I prefer Oscar's vid.

State a reason why, otherwise your opinion is more or less..subjective without a statement. You might like his video more preference wise, but when it comes to developing something properly, it takes a lot more than just applying one effect over and over again (e.g. stutter 24/7). His video was more or less going in the same rhythm, I honestly was expecting something more because it was titled as a ''PROMO'', which should consists of action that really shows what it's all about, but it clearly wasn't that well planned out.
You may ask, why? Well, this is what you end up with when you try to make a video without really thinking..ahead? It clearly had something about it, but it lacked that..foundation, nam sayin?! It's like you put random pieces together without knowing what they are for and you end up having something that's really messy and confusing!

You know, when you see it for the first time, it seems pretty okay, but when you have someone who likes to criticize, you will notice that opinions differ!
I'm being pretty neutral here, I'm not hating. Trust me, if I kept playing here as I did @ 2009, I still would write down the same text, it's not about the fact that I play here or not. The editing itself made me publicize my opinion.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Warped - 2014-10-08 17:06

Good constructive feedback - no one's perfect without practising. We can develop our skills and I'm sure we'll see more videos which are nicely improved over previous. Frankly said, your first reply made me think of a whiny rant, but as you've now re-worded it, it turns out to be a great guide to the next videos that will be made in the future.

The video is however good and had a nice effort doing it.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Pete - 2014-10-08 19:43

Mouseman Wrote:His video was more or less going in the same rhythm, I honestly was expecting something more because it was titled as a ''PROMO'', which should consists of action that really shows what it's all about, but it clearly wasn't that well planned out.

I think it showed a nice amount of what [TC] CityDriving is about but apart from the statement above I think your opinion is more or less accurate.

The footage in the video was 100% orchestrated by Oscar, it's his take on what [TC] CityDriving is. It can be played in many different ways and this is the way Oscar see's CityDriving and that's what I love about it.

We warmly welcome community contributions and this is just the first step to hopefully achieving more content in future.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Pipa - 2014-10-08 19:58

I liked the video Oscar, nice work Smile.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Oscar - 2014-10-09 13:49

Thanks guys! and again mouseman sure i could have done it like i did the gumball promo or like a movie trailer with a loads of action in it, but then the video itself would have been alot shorter probs under 1minute mark. And theres not much time for me to start planning it out since i had half a month to do it. and im working i have other life too so it was really though for me to even get it done by the time it had to. but i appreciate your opinion and it makes me just want my next lfs project to be even better and even smoother.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Maverick - 2014-10-09 16:22

Did I like it? Yep.
Can I show it to others to attract more players towards [TC]? Yep.

2x yep = great work. Smile

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Oscar - 2014-10-10 15:00

Cheers maverick.

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Saphira - 2014-10-10 18:19

Nice work Oscar Smile

RE: Promotional Video Competition Discussion - Oscar - 2014-10-11 08:09

Thanks saffy Smile