[TC] Gaming Forums
Noticed a problem - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Noticed a problem (/showthread.php?tid=14173)

Noticed a problem - Carl - 2014-09-25 16:41

I was playing COP, and i hit the blues'n'twos to pull this guy.

The guy stopped on dead mans crest. The actual crest where cars go airborne.

I decided to use the !follow bind so i could move him to a safe place whilst still being in chase mode. When we got to a safe area, i had busted him.

Is there a way around this? or something that can be put in place to prevent this happening?

I think, coming out of chase mode and telling him to move to a safe area is kind of an unrealistic move.

RE: Noticed a problem - Dan - 2014-09-25 17:41

Similar to the problem I guess where people pull over on the Autobahn and you use !follow to move to a safe place, but it goes in to chase mode.

RE: Noticed a problem - Lewis - 2014-09-25 18:02

Sometimes happens to me so I just bust them and refund the difference to them

RE: Noticed a problem - Warped - 2014-09-25 18:04

My advice is using currently available and at the same time very effective !hazard command. Next time you come across this kind of a "problem", and approaching cars may crash your scene, use the command and alert the traffic around about it (also place your car correctly as the hazard only shows up behind the car and in an arrow angle of 45° - it's also visible only for 100 metres)

If above is not possible and difficult to place, use !caution. In both occasions the traffic that disrespects these caution signs is in fault of any collisions within reason.

RE: Noticed a problem - Carl - 2014-09-25 18:28

i used these methods a lot actually Tongue , in some situations they are useful. Due to cars becoming airborne and a really tight gap i never really had a choice Sad

RE: Noticed a problem - Byran - 2014-09-25 18:33

This is actually a decent idea. I came across this problem before. It would be best to change up the InSim a tiny bit by making so that when officers type !follow the chase timer for the suspect is paused. This would make it much easier on officers and suspects so we can move them to a safe area without having them failing to stop. Then we have to sit there and explain why they were failed to stop and send back a a lot of the money.

RE: Noticed a problem - Sadie - 2014-09-25 19:29

Just !lost and !chase the user agian.
Problem sloved.