[TC] Gaming Forums
Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Jules Bianchi crash F1 (/showthread.php?tid=14306)

Pages: 1 2

Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Borja - 2014-10-06 17:35

He was operated from a big hit in the head.

All my support for him, for his family, and to the Marussia team

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Makee - 2014-10-06 17:56

I hope he is ok.

Here is proper vid
http://youtu.be/8NUtn3NRlDs

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - BP - 2014-10-06 18:01

(2014-10-06 17:56)Makee Wrote:  I hope he is ok.

Here is proper vid
http://youtu.be/4SavlORhSRc

Not sure why the title says 'fatal' (not your fault obviously) but yeah, that vid is much clearer.

Hope he recovers.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Borja - 2014-10-06 18:03

(2014-10-06 17:56)Makee Wrote:  I hope he is ok.

Here is proper vid
http://youtu.be/4SavlORhSRc

Thanks , never found it. I edited.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Makee - 2014-10-06 18:10

Yeah. Confused

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Pete - 2014-10-06 18:19

Sweet Jesus... I knew it was going to be bad but that is a seriously nasty crash.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Brad - 2014-10-06 18:53

(2014-10-06 18:19)Pete Wrote:  Sweet Jesus... I knew it was going to be bad but that is a seriously nasty crash.

This.

F1 safety, in most respects, is amazing. Hell, it must be for Jules to have made it from the scene alive. Certainly some procedural/rule changes to come off the back of this though.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Borja - 2014-10-06 18:54

Pf... I think when it's raining and the road is wet, should suspend the race because then things like this happen

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Brad - 2014-10-06 19:11

(2014-10-06 18:54)Borja Wrote:  Pf... I think when it's raining and the road is wet, should suspend the race because then things like this happen

Seriously? It's motor-racing, you can't stop the race every time it rains!

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Roba - 2014-10-06 19:24

I wonder what happened there for that accident to occur? Was it a driver mistake or car failure? I don't really understand how that kind of accident can happen in these days anymore, I mean that's really bad accident, he had quite some speed and drove straight under a tractor.. And just look at how the tractor actually lifts up from the impact... He's lucky to make it alive from there indeed! I really hope he doesn't end up badly, like dying later or be unable to live a normal life..

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Borja - 2014-10-06 19:52

(2014-10-06 19:11)Brad Wrote:  
(2014-10-06 18:54)Borja Wrote:  Pf... I think when it's raining and the road is wet, should suspend the race because then things like this happen

Seriously? It's motor-racing, you can't stop the race every time it rains!

Ye i know but....

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - GT4tube - 2014-10-06 20:12

That horrible!

No Safety Car was so late! FIA Fail.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Connor - 2014-10-06 20:19

Putting a JCB there isn't exactly 'safe' though, they're a bit stupid not to red flag it again in those conditions when they're doing something like that. As soon as the JCB came out my dad and I thought "Now there's an accident waiting to happen..." Stupid really...

I loved Jules Bianchi, one of my favourite drivers in my favourite team. My thoughts go out to him and I hope he gets better. Sad

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Chuck - 2014-10-06 20:34

Do you really want a safety car every time a car gets towed? Why should they even red-flag the race? Just to tow car again? Or because of the rain? That's just ridiculous. That's what the yellow flags are for! And thats what they're taking rain tyres around the earth. If people don't slow down and pass the scene at a safe speed, its their own fault. You can't make motorsports safe. If F1 was safe, they'd be playing boardgames instead every Sunday.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Borja - 2014-10-06 20:43

(2014-10-06 20:34)Chuck Wrote:  Do you really want a safety car every time a car gets towed? Why should they even red-flag the race? Just to tow car again? Or because of the rain? That's just ridiculous. That's what the yellow flags are for! And thats what they're taking rain tyres around the earth. If people don't slow down and pass the scene at a safe speed, its their own fault. You can't make motorsports safe. If F1 was safe, they'd be playing boardgames instead every Sunday.

I dont think that Jules drive fast when it was wet and were raining + yellow flag.. but its possible.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Luke - 2014-10-06 20:48

It looks like a heavy impact, by the looks of it he definitely was trying to take it with more caution than you would normally, as that was quite a slow speed despite the rain from my point of view (not saying it was a slow impact, it was still certainly a heavy impact), personally, it's evident is was a shear accident and unfortunate event. I don't think he could of done much :/ everybody should know aquaplaning is an incredibly difficult thing to avoid in such conditions never mind stay in control.. If it happens it happens..

Apparently he is in intensive care still iirc. Hope the best for him and his family.

Looking at it again, the air intake looked like it was literally sheared off... doing the research, them things are suppose to sustain absolutely insane amount of forces to protect the driver from both vertical and horizontal directions... Im coming to think whether the impact was actually much more vicious than originally thought or could the car be even at part fault for lack of safety (doubt it but meh)? Yeah they wont be indestructible but it looked like it was taken clean off... I would of thought it would of survived a little better than it actually did.. imagine his head instead of that.. not that it would do much because it's behind him but just making a point.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Nick - 2014-10-06 21:40

Take a look at this...

Shocking driving and, if I can find the English commentary, the drivers get slated by the commentators for their speed. Far too fast under double yellows into an accident, it's only luck that the marshal isn't clipped by a car getting shunted into him. Sounds familiar to Bianchi's accident...

My heart goes out to Bianchi's family and I hope he makes a full recovery much like Massa did after his incident in 2009, however he was driving far too fast for the conditions as per the WTCC drivers above. Under double yellows in the pouring rain, he went far too fast into that corner, endangering not just himself but the marshals recovering Sutil's stricken car. If the track conditions allowed Sutil to aquaplane off there during the race, then the chances are that the track will still be wet enough to send you off in the exact same way if you keep pushing round there - and that's exactly what happened. He pretty much followed Sutil's line off the track, albeit a few minutes later, and now with a JCB in the way.

Bianchi's speed as recorded by the F1 Tracker - roughly 210kmh (130mph). He's going fast enough to lift a sodding big crane into the air and move it sideways a few feet.

Look to the right of the JCB at the point of impact - notice the marshal? I have massive respect for Formula One drivers and the talent they have, but driving like that is inexcusable. Endangering track marshals is just plain ridiculous.

However, I hope his surgery is successful, and again I hope he has a speedy recovery.

(2014-10-06 20:48)LuckyLuke Wrote:  could the car be even at part fault for lack of safety (doubt it but meh)?

F1 cars are designed primarily for crashes such as head-ons where the nose cone can crumple/disintegrate, leaving the drivers cell intact. I'd say for an open cockpit car, the fact that he left the track alive stands testament to how safe these cars are, especially as they're designed for a head-on crash, not for a literal head-on-digger crash.

(2014-10-06 20:19)Connor Wrote:  Putting a JCB there isn't exactly 'safe' though, they're a bit stupid not to red flag it again in those conditions when they're doing something like that.

They can't just leave Sutil's car there though, they've got to get it off somehow. The drivers are professionals and would be expected to slow down when there's an imminent danger, no? That's what double yellows are for. It's been fine at every other race in the season, however unfortunately Bianchi pushed a bit too far to make up time and bam...

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - SLiiDE - 2014-10-07 03:11

Just to note, The green flag is for the next sector. There was double waved yellows for the sector that the JCB was in.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Chuck - 2014-10-07 07:18

The WTCC scene is different in many ways. The drivers usually don't expect the track to be blocked off entirely. The red flag was needed but even then some drivers failed to assess the situation. The nature of the track certainly made it worse. IMO there should be an additional flag for a blocked road, like yellow and red waved together.

Bianchi however was evidently driving too fast. The fact he lost control proves he even would have been too fast, even if there were no flag at all. And the yellow one should have make him even more cautious.

RE: Jules Bianchi crash F1 - Kyllone - 2014-10-07 12:49

Yes I hope he will recover from it though I doubt he will.

Still I think is stupid to blame the people organizing the race or FIA or anyone but Jules himself. I mean yes they could have raced at better time (earlier sunday maybe, saturday), could've red flagged it, could've deployed safetycar earlier but thats all just maybe. It's his own fault for driving so fast that he became a passenger immediately when he lost the control and nobody else should not be blamed for the accident. The lives of the drivers are majority in their own hands, they decide when to turn and with what speed etc, Jules should have gone slower.

Really hope he gets better.