[TC] Gaming Forums
Speedtraps - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Speedtraps (/showthread.php?tid=14324)

Pages: 1 2 3

Speedtraps - Barney - 2014-10-08 12:34

i suggest to remove speetraps from the game. imho they have more disadvantages than advantages.
they bring absolutely not plus in gameplay to the server. all they do is annoy people. some more some less.
and seriously if i am not allowed to honk at a cop for 26(twentysix!) seconds (whilst he could tab away, drive away, turn sound down, turn sound off, go afk) than why is it allowed to annoy people with speedtraps?
to those who say they "want to slow down traffic": that is mostly a lie. some cops even claim to set them up where speeders cant slow down in time.
and also u can often see people set up a trap directly after they lost a chase. just to annoy the suspect.
also during gumball... five gumballers speeding relaxing their rounds on server two. endangering noone! some funny comes online, takes a uf1, sets up a trap and after ten minutes disconnect.
great job.... that is imho pure harassing and against the rules.

if speeders slow down dramatically from 200+ down to 120 that is even a higher danger to everyone.
the game is already balanced too much in favour of cops. as a suspect u easily loose 1000,- due to speeding in a chase. then 1000,- fine on top. and if u have bad luck another 900,- trapfines(3x300) in a 40 minute chase.
all this while you provide FUN to at least 2 to six cops. so you loose up to 3000,- while cops even make money.

this is a game. it is supposed to be played. eg people interacting with others. speedtraps prevent this playing. either just a litlle roleplay in kind of a traffic stop, or a chase.

the only half acceptable reason for speetraps is to bring newbies closer to copping. but that is for sure also possible without traps.

so what do traps acutally do:
-some dont care: keep speeding
-some brake heavily: danger to everyone
-some drive somewhere else: still speeding
-some ragequit or go afk
-fewer chases: fewer fun
-annoy alot of people
-speeders loose money
-cops dont make money

+might get people closer to copping?
+?

are there any good reasons for speedtraps?

cheers, Bee

RE: Speetraps - Luke - 2014-10-08 13:03

Looks like you raged a bit aha.

In honesty I do have a small hate for speed traps. I see where you are getting at as there's more cons then pros imo too. I wouldn't want them removing completely, but modify them.

How about make them like a stationary !laser? Instead of cops waiting to laser people, how about set it up so it does it automatically and records their speed and location like !laser already does. This in sense is a more practical, more involved ANPR style system instead of the blatant speed camera type system. Then a cop unit sat up ahead is able to respond to the automatic Speed laser message and chases the suspect down.

The only major pro I see in the current system is discouraging common speeders that are usually really good drivers that most police units are unable to catch by hand. Eventually the fining does force people to slow down because they will go out of money, but money seems to be easy to get as well as loose. It's an awkward balancing act in the system that will need more in depth review that I am not capable at Tongue

This is a minor thing Bee and I think the team will be very busy with other things that are more important. But I suppose it was going to be suggested at some point.

RE: Speetraps - Pete - 2014-10-08 13:13

Barney Wrote:[...]

For the same reasons speed cameras exist in the real world. Pretty obvious really.

RE: Speetraps - Adorable - 2014-10-08 13:19

I Sometimes want to drive a +4 Car and respect the limit.. Many people overtake with a high speed and sometimes they go on the WW And endanger others

I'm with Setting up traps since it make people reduce their speed so it make drivers a bit more safer.

I hope if they just make cops recieve something like 25% of the fine so cops can earn some cash from it

RE: Speetraps - Luke - 2014-10-08 13:24

(2014-10-08 13:19)RacerSS Wrote:  I hope if they just make cops recieve something like 25% of the fine so cops can earn some cash from it

That would completely ridiculous. Cops earning 25% for every car that drives past 10% over the limit for doing nothing but sitting there. If this was to be added then they might as well remove Money Insim abuse restrictions and rules...

RE: Speetraps - Barney - 2014-10-08 13:35

(2014-10-08 13:13)Pete Wrote:  

For the same reasons speed cameras exist in the real world. Pretty obvious really.
pretty obvious that reallife reasons dont apply here. game. play. fun n stuff. as explained above...

RE: Speetraps - KaraK - 2014-10-08 13:47

(2014-10-08 13:35)Barney Wrote:  

pretty obvious that reallife reasons dont apply here. game. play. fun n stuff. as explained above...

Game where they want to reenact reality. Speedtraps are a part of that.

RE: Speetraps - Ras - 2014-10-08 14:16

It's not that often !speedtraps are used, so i would think you could simply stick to the limit on the rare occasion you come across one and are annoyed by getting fined.

Oh yeah, that's actually the effect speed traps are supposed to have, so all's good.

No changes are needed imo.

RE: Speetraps - Olli - 2014-10-08 14:39

(2014-10-08 14:16)Ras Wrote:  No changes are needed imo.
+1
Cops having speedtraps on don't bother me at all.

RE: Speetraps - Bez - 2014-10-08 14:40

(2014-10-08 14:39)Olli Wrote:  
+1

+1

RE: Speetraps - Toni - 2014-10-08 14:42

(2014-10-08 14:40)Bez Wrote:  
+1

+1

+1

RE: Speetraps - Sadie - 2014-10-08 15:08

Tell me when you have been forced to choose the route where the speedtrap is, and its your fault that your speeding.

When some cops place 2 of them so close they can, I understand that you can get pissed, but is that not abuse the system? Since its a limit of how close they can be.

RE: Speetraps - Haribo - 2014-10-08 15:08

bad idea...

Administrator Message by: Pete

What is a bad idea? If you want to join in with discussions, contribute something constructive

RE: Speetraps - Barney - 2014-10-08 15:50

lol, as expected such differentiated view

RE: Speetraps - Carl - 2014-10-08 18:01

I don't mind them because as they say.. "If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime"

but yeah i hate them very much too but also it keeps the economy steady too.

RE: Speetraps - Spark - 2014-10-08 18:11

(2014-10-08 14:40)Bez Wrote:  
+1

+1

+1

RE: Speetraps - Dan - 2014-10-08 18:12

(2014-10-08 12:34)Barney Wrote:  i suggest to remove speetraps from the game. imho they have more disadvantages than advantages.
they bring absolutely not plus in gameplay to the server. all they do is annoy people. some more some less.

if speeders slow down dramatically from 200+ down to 120 that is even a higher danger to everyone.
the game is already balanced too much in favour of cops. as a suspect u easily loose 1000,- due to speeding in a chase. then 1000,- fine on top. and if u have bad luck another 900,- trapfines(3x300) in a 40 minute chase.
all this while you provide FUN to at least 2 to six cops. so you loose up to 3000,- while cops even make money.

this is a game. it is supposed to be played. eg people interacting with others. speedtraps prevent this playing. either just a litlle roleplay in kind of a traffic stop, or a chase.

I've highlighted how you've said it's a game three times. If it's such a "game" (which it is, or a simulator, however you want to perceive it), then why's it such an issue to loose the money you've earned through a game?

RE: Speetraps - Orange™ - 2014-10-08 18:49

(2014-10-08 12:34)Barney Wrote:  i suggest to remove speetraps from the game. imho they have more disadvantages than advantages Athey bring absolutely not plus in gameplay to the server. all they do is annoy people. some more some less.
and seriously if i am not allowed to honk at a cop for 26(twentysix!) seconds (whilst he could tab away, drive away, turn sound down, turn sound off, go afk) than why is it allowed to annoy people with speedtraps?
to those who say they "want to slow down traffic": that is mostly a lie. some cops even claim to set them up where speeders cant slow down in time.
and also u can often see people set up a trap directly after they lost a chase. just to annoy the suspect.
also during gumball... five gumballers speeding relaxing their rounds on server two. endangering noone! some funny comes online, takes a uf1, sets up a trap and after ten minutes disconnect.
great job.... that is imho pure harassing and against the rules.

the only half acceptable reason for speetraps is to bring newbies closer to copping. but that is for sure also possible without traps.

so what do traps acutally do:
-some dont care: keep speeding
-some ragequit or go afk
-fewer chases: fewer fun
-annoy alot of people
-speeders loose money
-cops dont make money

+might get people closer to copping?
+?

cheers, Bee

As many said either you're raging for no reason or something else. Only 2 speed traps are allowed on each server. I hardly see many cops use speed traps to be fair and I'm mostly cop all the time my self. Please explain one thing...and i quote you "and also u can often see people set up a trap directly after they lost a chase. just to annoy the suspect." can you please tell me who does that? as I've never done that.

If you know that there is a speed trap then slow down then speed after.. not rocket science or just speed past, pay the fine... not a big deal.

RE: Speetraps - Byran - 2014-10-08 19:15

Indeed it is. It is there to deter speeders. Notice how when we set a trap, most drivers slow down in that area. Yes it is rather rare they slow down for the whole map, but that is why officers can do multiple speed traps in different locations.

RE: Speetraps - Barney - 2014-10-08 19:59

(2014-10-08 14:16)Ras Wrote:  ...and are annoyed by getting fined.
Oh yeah, that's actually the effect speed traps are supposed to have, so all's good.
traps are supposed to annoy?

everyone Wrote:Cops having speedtraps on don't bother me at all.

Barney Wrote:-some dont care: keep speeding
plus in gameplay? nope

(2014-10-08 15:08)Sade Wrote:  Tell me when you have been forced to choose the route where the speedtrap is, and its your fault that your speeding.
Barney Wrote:-some drive somewhere else: still speeding

(2014-10-08 18:12)Daniel Wrote:  I've highlighted how you've said it's a game three times. If it's such a "game" (which it is, or a simulator, however you want to perceive it), then why's it such an issue to loose the money you've earned through a game?
argumenting that why it shouldnt bother u to get crashed? someone escapes oob? the issue is
Barney Wrote:the game is already balanced too much in favour of cops.

(2014-10-08 18:49)Orange™ Wrote:  As many said either you're raging for no reason or something else. [...]
im not raging. i noticed something bothering me and some others. so i make a suggestion. simple as that.

(2014-10-08 18:49)Orange™ Wrote:  Please explain one thing...and i quote you "and also u can often see people set up a trap directly after they lost a chase. just to annoy the suspect."
can you please tell me who does that? as I've never done that.
i cant/wont tell u who are theese people. prolly i might be harassing them by this again. lel.

(2014-10-08 18:49)Orange™ Wrote:  If you know that there is a speed trap then slow down then speed after.. not rocket science or just speed past, pay the fine... not a big deal.

(2014-10-08 19:15)Byran Wrote:  

Indeed it is. It is there to deter speeders. Notice how when we set a trap, most drivers slow down in that area. Yes it is rather rare they slow down for the whole map, but that is why officers can do multiple speed traps in different locations.

the amount of comments here and the fines on the server actually show otherwise....

and seriosly... i made a suggestion in the designated area, with at least some arguments showing why i actually suggest this.
"doesnt bother me" is not really a con imho.... still fail to see any pros, but nvm. keep on trapping. im outta here Wink