[TC] Gaming Forums
Sorry crash system - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Sorry crash system (/showthread.php?tid=1468)

Sorry crash system - Kieran - 2012-01-07 17:07

Is there anyway of changing it, because when someone says 'soz' or 'sry' they get away with not paying compensation.
Thanks
Kieran

RE: Sorry crash system - Roba - 2012-01-07 17:08

It's not gonna be changed, believe me.

Would cause unnecessary arguements and complaints.

RE: Sorry crash system - Kieran - 2012-01-07 17:16

i think its a great idea, just there are ways of avoiding it!

RE: Sorry crash system - Jedi - 2012-01-07 17:19

If people say "sorry" instead of !sorry its because they want to apologize, the !sorry is only IF they want to give the person they crashed money for it.

RE: Sorry crash system - Ras - 2012-01-07 17:22

(2012-01-07 17:19)Jedi Wrote:  If people say "sorry" instead of !sorry its because they want to apologize, the !sorry is only IF they want to give the person they crashed money for it.
Yes, actually you should still say sorry manually when using !sorry since it doesnt include "sorry" in the text.

RE: Sorry crash system - Roba - 2012-01-07 17:27

Think if, you scratch someone's car, and just before you type 'sorry' someone rams you and you loose 500€

Not a good idea for bad possibilities.

RE: Sorry crash system - Kieran - 2012-01-07 17:30

i just type 'sorry' and it compensates them..... i think? lol

RE: Sorry crash system - KaraK - 2012-01-07 17:54

I don't get the idea behind this suggestion?

RE: Sorry crash system - Josh - 2012-01-07 18:03

(2012-01-07 17:07)Kieran Wrote:  Is there anyway of changing it, because when someone says 'soz' or 'sry' they get away with not paying compensation.
Thanks
Kieran

Typing !sorry (to compensate someone) isn't mandatory.

RE: Sorry crash system - bullet - 2012-01-07 18:22

For me, a written sorry is more worth than some insim cash.

RE: Sorry crash system - ChrisM - 2012-01-07 22:48

(2012-01-07 18:22)bullet Wrote:  For me, a written sorry is more worth than some insim cash.

That. Maybe this was designed for Special's use Wink

RE: Sorry crash system - Pete - 2012-01-10 23:32

(2012-01-07 18:22)bullet Wrote:  For me, a written sorry is more worth than some insim cash.

I agree, but I type !sorry then write my apology if necessary.

If anything, this system has effectively removed the need for a normal "sorry" or "Really sorry" typed message which isn't good. Instead people think it's ok to just type !sorry. I'd prefer a written sorry rather than a generated message with a few Euro's attached.

RE: Sorry crash system - Chuck - 2012-01-11 08:03

If people actually take time to apologize, yes. But 90% only use some lazy "sorry / no problem" bind which is frankly disrespectful. So, if I don't get a sincere apology, I'd rather prefer the money.

RE: Sorry crash system - bullet - 2012-01-11 16:43

(2012-01-11 08:03)Chuck Wrote:  

If people actually take time to apologize, yes. But 90% only use some lazy "sorry / no problem" bind which is frankly disrespectful. So, if I don't get a sincere apology, I'd rather prefer the money.

Yeah, that's true.
Most people spam their binds, though.

RE: Sorry crash system - James - 2012-01-11 18:02

For me, if I want to pay you compensation then I will, I dont want to be forced to pay x amount, especially if it wasnt my fault and not to mention, the opinion of any admin could end up differing from mine so it could end up being that the transaction stands. I really do not wish to see this implimented that you cant get out of doing the !sorry command. A typed sorry is alot better than a bind of sry/np.

Just a quick note;
I cant remember but it was an accident that happened between me and a cruiser, we both said sorry and loled and they sent money, I sent it right back as the sorry was enough to make me feel happy enough to drive on to the safe zone. If its small enough that you can still drive safely then fine but if its a major accident and I was on my roof, id be a bit miffed and probably would like some compensation.

Anyways, even if someone was on their roof or went out of bounds, an admin wouldnt return you to pits as its admin abuse so why should we, pay you compensation for the fact you were most likely driving over the limit and I dont care what people say, thats immediately put you in the wrong, no ifs or buts, you crash into us and because you have X amount of KMs, we should pay you for the fact you were recklessly driving ? A farse I say.

Plus you can always use !complain right ? If they really did cause it and show no remorse or you feel you need compensation after they used a sry/np bind, then that would be a better option ? I know I would rather not cruise where im forced to lose hard earned money the minute something happens and a simple sorry would do but oh no some people feel the need to sap the money out of anyone and everyone just because theyre angry and stuff and w/e.

/rant

RE: Sorry crash system - Street - 2012-01-11 18:21

If the InSim forced people involved in a crash to write !sorry, then it would be pointless spam.

Why? Because you'd both send each other the same mount of money.

If you feel that sending someone money will apologise, then do. Otherwise, say sorry to them or acknowledge their apology if it was their fault.

RE: Sorry crash system - m1n3rman - 2012-06-09 09:58

Maby if they dont say sorry as in (!sorry) you can take them to insim court and sue them for damages Smile (!sue <name> <reason>)
Then the request can be sent to admins where they evaluate it

RE: Sorry crash system - BP - 2012-06-09 10:01

This thread is five months old but that idea hasn't been thought out very well m1n3rman Tongue The amount of suing going on would be immense, thus creating even more work for the admins which can be seen as unnecessary. The current system of "!sorry" if you wish to pay compensation and "!complain" if you think they deliberatley hit you, is fair and good enough.

RE: Sorry crash system - Josh - 2012-06-09 12:52

That's basically a !report, and It wouldn't be of any use without a replay. You may aswell report them.

RE: Sorry crash system - Bsmovies - 2012-06-11 11:33

(2012-01-11 18:02)PeePee Wrote:  -1 ust a quick note;
I cant remember but it was an accident that happened between me and a cruiser, we both said sorry and loled and they sent money, I sent it right back as the sorry was enough to make me feel happy enough to drive on to the safe zone.

This.

I've had crashes a few times, where both me and the other party have been "making pace" whilst driving in turn colliding and it being 50:50. Laughs are exchanged and we both go our separate ways.

I find if someone has been lightly clipped / you go into their lane by accident then a quick sorry will suffice (as it shows you have acknowledged the incident), but if you do make them go off the track !sorry is there as a bit of compensation for affecting their cruise Smile