[TC] Gaming Forums
Improve roadblocks. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Improve roadblocks. (/showthread.php?tid=14855)

Improve roadblocks. - Sadie - 2014-11-16 19:10

Hello.

I wanna may improve the roadblocks.
(This is when you are assisting a chase with roadblocks. I have not taking this idea when your in !join modus and making a roadblock)

When setting up a roadblock you have to

-Activate sign (sirens, caution)
-Set it up correctly
-If you block with your car too, you have to set your car up to
-Tell other cops where you are (and may witch side).

So what about an roadblock modus (!modus roadblock / !modus cop), so when you set up an roadblock it will became an warning to all users, expect the suspect. The cops in chase will also get an message about a roadblock is placed and the roadname)

To select the suspect you can do !suspect [username] and the suspect will appers like a locator would do it. You will also be able to see the chase chat. (To see when a suspect do an u-turn, drive left or right etc.). Cops will also see when a cop joins as a roadblock, or leaves as a roadblock, but suspect can not.

I don't really know if this is the stupid's idea ever i have made or this can be useful

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Carl - 2014-11-16 20:01

The modus thing would be really effective if it activated everything at once also. I like how it would alert cops in chase since i hate typing quickly. Setting up a roadblock is hard to manage when all has to be set up.

The suspect thing is basically the locator we already have i guess. Not sure if you can use the locator as cop but would be a great addition

+1 from me

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Sadie - 2014-11-16 20:14

(2014-11-16 20:01)Nismo Wrote:  The modus thing would be really effective if it activated everything at once also.

My idea was when you did !rb it added a caution, alerted the cops and placed rb.

(2014-11-16 20:01)Nismo Wrote:  The suspect thing is basically the locator we already have i guess. Not sure if you can use the locator as cop but would be a great addition

You can't use a locator as a cop, sadly.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Dan - 2014-11-16 21:38

I think this is way too over-complicated. Some improvements to the roadblock feature would be nice, but I don't know really know what exactly at the moment.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - KaraK - 2014-11-16 22:26

I don't really see how this would vastly improve the system currently in use.

+1 to your spoilered idea though. About time that got implemented tbh.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Dan - 2014-11-16 22:30

(2014-11-16 22:26)KaraK Wrote:  +1 to your spoilered idea though. About time that got implemented tbh.

Ah, yeah I forgot to comment on the spoiler'd idea.

(+1) Definitely needs to be implemented.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - SeanProdTV - 2014-11-17 01:29

+1

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Owl - 2014-11-17 06:57

+1 from me Smile

RE: Improve roadblocks. - GT4tube - 2014-11-17 08:48

-1+2=+1!

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Bez - 2014-11-17 11:06

(2014-11-16 21:38)Daniel Wrote:  I think this is way too over-complicated. Some improvements to the roadblock feature would be nice, but I don't know really know what exactly at the moment.

-1 here. I agree with Daniel on this. They are great as they are at the moment, but in the future I think some small improvements will happen.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Adorable - 2014-11-17 11:24

Well, I thinked of this before.

Why not to make the !roadblock[+/-] work just like the !chase command do?

That mean: If i just used !roadblock+, automatically. The caution is setted up. When i do !roadblock-, Roadblock & Caution sign are gone.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - KooKoo - 2014-11-17 14:12

-1 Cops already have too much fairness over suspects.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - KaraK - 2014-11-17 15:56

(2014-11-17 14:12)KooKoo Wrote:  -1 Cops already have too much fairness over suspects.

The suggestion doesn't add a sole advantage for cops.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Venom - 2014-11-17 17:16

I support the roadblock idea and spoilered idea, but cops shouldnt have more advantages such as ability to locate suspects.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Sadie - 2014-11-17 17:30

(2014-11-17 17:16)Venom Wrote:  I support the roadblock idea and spoilered idea, but cops shouldnt have more advantages such as ability to locate suspects.

Well we can already spectate them so. I asked for this more because sometimes suspect come much faster then you expect and you still setting up your roadblock, then the suspect come and you may move a bit and get the blame for "MOVING ROADBLOCK IS NOT ALLOWED". (yeah it have happend me some times)

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Olli - 2014-11-17 20:07

(2014-11-16 19:10)Sadie Wrote:  and can we please get that when you do !move on a user it cames on their screen like when you start chasing one, and after some secs its come "stop police" on their screen? Heart
+1 for this, the other ideas sound a bit too complicated.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - WyX - 2014-12-01 08:53

+1 for me too!

I have couple times tried to set up roadblock correctly and always I have failed. Usually I am (not saying that you are) too slow setting it up correctly and all in all the roadblock ends up with a big mess - usually a big crash with another cops and suspect getaway with huge laughs.

RE: Improve roadblocks. - Byran - 2014-12-01 21:53

(2014-11-16 22:26)KaraK Wrote:  I don't really see how this would vastly improve the system currently in use.

+1 to your spoilered idea though. About time that got implemented tbh.

I am with everyone on this one. We need it to say (Move for Police chase incoming)
on there screen, this gives them no excuse to say I didn't see sirens or the move for police in chat as well as giving cops an extra advantage against traffic who may not actually see it (rarely)