[TC] Gaming Forums
New Idea, for becomming a medic - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New Idea, for becomming a medic (/showthread.php?tid=14891)

New Idea, for becomming a medic - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 15:49

Okay, So my idea is that after you have driven 1000 km, you can apply for the TOW, then what I was thinking was, That you need to play as a tow for some time before you can be MED/RES because I see alot abusing the speeding when responding to call. The Idea with this idea Tongue is before you are allowed to go speeding to call, you first gets som experince for being a TOW and then later you can be Medic/Rescue, were you are allowed to speed, and use Siren.

Just tell me what you think, and please no bad comments...

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - Luke™ - 2014-11-19 15:52

I don't see how being a tow for a certain amount of time would help you understand how to not abuse speeding when not responding to a call when you're a medic. That's not down to experience, that's due to whether the player choices to follow the guidelines or not.

Sorry but a -1 from me

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - Carl - 2014-11-19 15:54

I like the idea of a experience/ranking system where you start as TOW and earn your MED privileges, but it will no way shape or form stop the speeders or rule breakers. Sad

And you can speed as two anyway, even though you shouldn't people do.

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 16:01

(2014-11-19 15:54)Nismo Wrote:  I like the idea of a experience/ranking system where you start as TOW and earn your MED privileges, but it will no way shape or form stop the speeders or rule breakers.

Ye, maybe It won´t not stop the rule breakers, but also the Idea of experience/ranking was a part of this idea.

Because when you are driving on servers you know, Okay that medic got some experince if the Tow is messing around with you

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - Olli - 2014-11-19 18:01

I don't feel like this would be any useful because, to pass the license test they almost certainly have had to read through the rules and the manual and there it's clearly stated what are the rules concerning emergency vehicles. In case they are speeding without a reason there are cops in the servers to fine speeders.

Edit:
My main point was that it's basically not possible that there would be a new med driving around without knowing anything about what should he/she do as a med or a res, In case the user has been able to pass the license test he most likely has read through the rules already, i doubt no one who's completely new to the server is able to get the license without reading the manual/rules.

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - Howlin - 2014-11-19 18:05

I'm not sure on this one, as Olli said, the tests are pretty much the only thing people need to be able to do the MED/RES job properly however this idea would add a nice sense of earning the right to be a Medic or a Rescue to the whole system and might balance the amount of TOW, MED and RES we have on the server.

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 18:05

(2014-11-19 18:01)Olli Wrote:  -1
I don't feel like this would be any useful because, to pass the license test they almost certainly have had to read through the rules and the manual and there it's clearly stated what are the rules concerning emergency vehicles. In case they are speeding without a reason there are cops in the servers to fine speeders.

everybody just ask on servers and dont care what they are answering.

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - BP - 2014-11-19 18:13

(2014-11-19 15:49)Morreboy Wrote:  Okay, So my idea is that after you have driven 1000 km, you can apply for the TOW

IMO the written test is enough, I doubt forcing people to drive 1000 KM would reap any benefits in this case. It's nice for new players to have a role like this, because it is frankly not difficult. Just pass the test and get a skin. Then, of course, tow people. That's really it.

(2014-11-19 15:49)Morreboy Wrote:  then what I was thinking was, That you need to play as a tow for some time before you can be MED/RES

Not sure about this either. I mean, [TOW] and [MED]/[RES] are totally different in terms of responding to calls, which seems to be your point below.

(2014-11-19 15:49)Morreboy Wrote:  because I see alot abusing the speeding when responding to call.

I don't get what you mean by this. [MED] and [RES] are allowed to speed when going to a call.

(2014-11-19 15:49)Morreboy Wrote:  The Idea with this idea Tongue is before you are allowed to go speeding to call, you first gets som experince for being a TOW and then later you can be Medic/Rescue, were you are allowed to speed, and use Siren.

Just tell me what you think, and please no bad comments...

I don't think it would help. As I mentioned above, responding as a [TOW] is different to responding as a [MED]/[RES]. It is theory based and not experience based. When you've had experience responding as a [TOW], you won't have automatically become good (in terms of the rules) at responding as [MED]/[RES], but one would have to read up on the rules as it is entirely theory based.

RE: New Idea, for becomming a medic - Olli - 2014-11-19 18:47

(2014-11-19 18:13)BoyPower Wrote:  IMO the written test is enough, I doubt forcing people to drive 1000 KM would reap any benefits in this case. It's nice for new players to have a role like this, because it is frankly not difficult. Just pass the test and get a skin. Then, of course, tow people. That's really it.
Exactly, this is what i meant in my post above.