[TC] Gaming Forums
Out of date rule - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Out of date rule (/showthread.php?tid=1499)

Out of date rule - Liam :P - 2012-01-09 21:19

The rule, you cant disconnect during a chase - what if your internet crashs? You get finned anyway!"

RE: Stupid rule - Vee - 2012-01-09 21:20

And the problem with that is what?

RE: Out of date rule - Liam :P - 2012-01-09 21:22

You could get banned if your internet or pc crashes, its just a ideal.

RE: Out of date rule - Vee - 2012-01-09 21:24

lol at change from stupid to out of date..

No ones going to ban you if your internet crashes? It's unavoidable at times, not a bannable offence.. Genuinely that is..

Edit: Just realised you're banned for disconnecting during a chase, but that's not the only reason is it.. You made it sound like your internet crashed and you got banned Smile

RE: Out of date rule - Stunna - 2012-01-09 21:27

How do we know your not pulling your Ethernet cable?

RE: Out of date rule - Pipa - 2012-01-09 21:29

TC's take into consideration that your connection can be unrealiable or your pc crashes. Even before the insim fined auto fined you people didn't get banned for it.

If you however abuse this feature and d/c continously without a reason it can be annoying and piss of cops who want to play properly even if you get fined for it. If thats your aim then good luck.

RE: Out of date rule - Savy - 2012-01-09 21:33

either way, if your internet does cut 95% of people will reconnect to see if the cop got the fine. So its easy to see if someone actually pulls the internet because I highly doubt they will return. Also you shouldn't get into a chase if you have a bad internet.

RE: Out of date rule - Vee - 2012-01-09 21:34

His ram fell out and his computer vibrated.

RE: Out of date rule - Street - 2012-01-09 21:37

Pipa's second paragraph sums things up perfectly to be honest.

The rule is there not to punish those who have the occasional loss of connection, but to punish those who do this exact thing with the intention of ruining gameplay for others.

RE: Out of date rule - Liam :P - 2012-01-10 17:31

(2012-01-09 21:37)Street Wrote:  Pipa's second paragraph sums things up perfectly to be honest.

The rule is there not to punish those who have the occasional loss of connection, but to punish those who do this exact thing with the intention of ruining gameplay for others.

I think the name of the rule is a bit misleading however i do agree with you and pipa.

RE: Out of date rule - Nitros - 2012-01-10 18:34

(2012-01-10 17:31)Liam :P Wrote:  
(2012-01-09 21:37)Street Wrote:  Pipa's second paragraph sums things up perfectly to be honest.

I think the name of the rule is a bit misleading however i do agree with you and pipa.

It isn't misleading, its ambiguous. And it is further clarified on the next line, making the rule not ambiguous.

RE: Out of date rule - Elmo - 2012-01-10 18:36

Well it's still a rule, even if it's dealt with automatically in most cases - the normal punishment is being busted and a fine. Just because it's now dealt with by the InSim, doesn't make it invalid. The rule still also applies if the InSim isn't running for whatever reason.

Remember: a ban is rarely the only possible action for breaking a rule.

RE: Out of date rule - McGherkin - 2012-01-11 07:09

Easy way to tell if someone's pulling the cable is when their connection fails at 'convenient' times....

RE: Out of date rule - BP - 2012-01-11 10:56

(2012-01-11 07:09)McGherkin Wrote:  Easy way to tell if someone's pulling the cable is when their connection fails at 'convenient' times....

And as we know, there are these little things about called "coincidences", but of course, if there are several of these coincidences, something might be wrong....

RE: Out of date rule - Trance - 2012-01-11 17:20

this system is way better than the old system. the old system was bad. like if your internet did go. and you coudn't get back in the server. then you would be looking at a bad..

this server is great. and the other kool thing is. that the cop chasing you can't give you the highist fine. the insim finds u what ever TC program it to i guess

RE: Out of date rule - BP - 2012-01-11 17:22

(2012-01-11 17:20)Trance Wrote:  this system is way better than the old system. the old system was bad. like if your internet did go. and you coudn't get back in the server. then you would be looking at a bad..

this server is great. and the other kool thing is. that the cop chasing you can't give you the highist fine. the insim finds u what ever TC program it to i guess

Default = suggested

RE: Out of date rule - Trance - 2012-01-11 21:43

thanx buddy