[TC] Gaming Forums
Two Suggestions - - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Two Suggestions - (/showthread.php?tid=15516)

Two Suggestions - - Sam - 2015-01-04 01:02

Hi, I have two suggestions

One, is for a fail safe to be put in place for when you are in a chase and the server is going through stages of timing people out, that means when you join back on the server you can join back in the chase, having lost 3 chases in one night because of this makes me think something needs to be put in place as it is very frustrating losing both the chase and stats.

The second, is for the training server to be opened up at certain times with maybe a couple of trainers for those who want to neaten up coping skills.

Thanks!

RE: Two Suggestions - - Spark - 2015-01-04 02:02

I don't think it would be fair for the suspects. If a cop has lost a chase then there is nothing you can do. Server issues happen and when they happen just stay away from chases until the server issue is resolved.

Your second suggestion is a little over the top. TC Trainers can only train people when they have free time to do so, it would be like a job for the trainers to come on at an assigned time. In my opinion the current training system is the best for the trainers, as they don't have to rush to make it at a specific time.

It's a -1 from me, sorry but this is my view.

RE: Two Suggestions - - Carl - 2015-01-04 02:33

First suggestion, I agree with however it is not a huge issue.

Second suggestion I also agree/disagree with, trainers may not be required but is very time consuming as somebody has to be there.

RE: Two Suggestions - - Luke - 2015-01-04 02:39

It's a little complex and not really necessary imo. Not a bad idea but it's not a common issue for the servers to crash, if it's clear there's issues and you are that concerned about your stats then don't cop. It can be abused quite easily too for example, a cop flips in a chase, quickly disconnects and rejoins and he is back in the chase... Bare in mind the cop would be in pits at this moment and the suspect could be at the opposite end of the map, thus the system may catch up and loose the chase anyways.

As for the training. The best possible practice you can do is by trial and error, get in a chase and get experience, sure it may start off with poor stats, well be sensible about who you are chasing and get involved, and you do improve. Training can only give you the basics in mostly techniques and communication, everything else is out of our hands. As spark said (very well too Wink) we are like anybody else, busy with lives and you won't believe how much the team as individuals have to dedicate themselves to there roles and to give them the responsibility you suggested would simply turn it into a job :/ we are limited to what we can do unfortunately and you may not see it which is fine. We don't get much chance to actually play on the TC servers as any time we get we are training instead of playing. We obviously enjoy what we do but we can't do anymore time wise unless the team had a dedicated role for this whichugA would require responsible volunteers and a lot thought for a small team currently. A valid suggestion but not practical because the server has to be monitored meaning admins or trainers present.

RE: Two Suggestions - - R.Fiets - 2015-01-04 09:42

(2015-01-04 01:02)Shikari Wrote:  Hi, I have two suggestions

One, is for a fail safe to be put in place for when you are in a chase and the server is going through stages of timing people out, that means when you join back on the server you can join back in the chase, having lost 3 chases in one night because of this makes me think something needs to be put in place as it is very frustrating losing both the chase and stats.

Thanks!
And if suspect will time out, he may go on from OOB?!! (Almost nobody takes a look about suspect perspective).
Even if one-two cops will rejoin with "join-mode" as suspect might be at other side of map (like Luke nicely pointed: Having "chase-mode" on, cops could loose due distance anyway) it would be extremely frustrating for suspect.
Point is, everybody know that there are "time out" going on. Every cop who is using tag and loosing chase due that - it's their own fault by taking a risk.

RE: Two Suggestions - - MousemanLV - 2015-01-04 12:01

(2015-01-04 01:02)Shikari Wrote:  having lost 3 chases in one night because of this makes me think something needs to be put in place as it is very frustrating losing both the chase and stats.

It doesn't happen that often, I personally don't find this useful mainly because it's a rare thing and if it does happen, most of the people just stand still and wait for the latency issues to go away. And I don't think that it would be possible to get it done anyways..not sure if Scawen has implemented such things that would allow to code something like that (?).

RE: Two Suggestions - - Sam - 2015-01-05 00:05

I at least think we should be able to apply to have our stats corrected as it has to be recorded somewhere what happened. I'm sure that all the people who apply to TC will have their stats looked at and it is unfair on them to have worse stats than they actually should which could effect their chances of a successful application (Doesn't effect me as I'm not applying, but still very very annoying)

RE: Two Suggestions - - Carl - 2015-01-05 00:12

Stats won't affect TC applications Tongue

The ones you lose to connection/server malfunctions in the long run aren't massive. I see where you are coming from though.

RE: Two Suggestions - - Luke - 2015-01-05 00:19

(2015-01-05 00:05)Shikari Wrote:  I at least think we should be able to apply to have our stats corrected as it has to be recorded somewhere what happened. I'm sure that all the people who apply to TC will have their stats looked at and it is unfair on them to have worse stats than they actually should which could effect their chances of a successful application (Doesn't effect me as I'm not applying, but still very very annoying)

I very much doubt TC take that into consideration. They will have a basic idea of your driving and take other things into account. Recruitment is there mostly to train and test your skills.

Stats also cannot be edited at all by the way. And at the end of the day, stats are only targets. You can't judge everyone on it. There's a few people on there who are not fantastic cops in my opinion but have good stats for other reasons. I know my stats are certainly not accurate as a lot of the joins and losses were team related and generally arsing around. There's nothing wrong with the system as it is in my point of view.

Time outs and connection losses happen, the only thing I may suggest is the stats to not be recorded at all if someone was to disconnect, but despite it being against the rules to leave/spectate during a chase, I can see it going very wrong with people abusing it (even though it can be easily reported)

RE: Two Suggestions - - BP - 2015-01-05 09:04

(2015-01-05 00:05)Shikari Wrote:  I at least think we should be able to apply to have our stats corrected as it has to be recorded somewhere what happened. I'm sure that all the people who apply to TC will have their stats looked at and it is unfair on them to have worse stats than they actually should which could effect their chances of a successful application (Doesn't effect me as I'm not applying, but still very very annoying)

On the grand scheme of things, having a bad connection ruin your chase will be quite a rarity. It would impact your stats, yes. But that's only if you haven't been involved in many chases as a cop. The more active you are, the less you'll notice a dent in your stats.

Example: if you've been in 3 chases and lost all 3 due to server issues, that's too bad, but you'd be too inexperienced anyway.

Stats aren't looked at too closely.