[TC] Gaming Forums
Post your layout idea! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Post your layout idea! (/showthread.php?tid=16357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post your layout idea! - kxait - 2015-02-28 21:20

Old name: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout

[Image: jZRxN38.jpg]

This part of the l/o is really bad, it creates alot of confusion, accidents and frustration, it's very messy and encourages people to break the rules, take a look at this:

The correct, completely legal way to get from north to south part of the track through this "intersection" is like this:

[Image: LH8rFl3.jpg]

Most people take this route, however:

[Image: KVqxns7.jpg]

Then they go WW and sometimes make a big pileup or a crash.
I think that this part of the layout should be changed to something more organised, like a roundabout.
Please use the poll.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - BP - 2015-02-28 21:45

Yeah... I don't think I really like that bit.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Yukine - 2015-02-28 21:51

Personally I don't have any problem with it.

(Inb4 roundabout oncoming.)

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Ras - 2015-02-28 21:52

We've had a roundabout before. I believe this current solution is better, although i'm open to improvements.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Owl - 2015-02-28 22:12

what about this:
2 crossroads
•••••••••• ll ••••••••••ll••••••••••
======= ======= =======

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Luke - 2015-02-28 22:44

Had a play around and managed to come up with this using a total of 880 objects. Not sure if that's too much.

Thoughts?
[Image: lfs_00000033_zpsowkcwubb.jpg]
[Image: lfs_00000034_zpsvedjblov.jpg]
[Image: lfs_00000035_zpsuxikkozr.jpg]
[Image: lfs_00000036_zpseywscqg5.jpg]

I do have the layout available for download to see the changes yourself. The main change is the bridge coming from the east end (upper bayside). Instead of going straight it curves in forcing you to take the correct route either direction. It may also slow things down a bit coming from Highway 2 without too much disruption as it requires you to take more care due to the room left.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Spark - 2015-02-28 22:47

Looks well good bro Tongue

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Howlin - 2015-02-28 22:58

That looks pretty clean, Luke! I like it Smile

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Luke - 2015-02-28 23:01

Thanks, It was a quick 5 minute job so it could be cleaner but it got the principle out Smile

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Byran - 2015-02-28 23:06

I don't see any problems with the way it is now. Don't see a problem with yours Luke. The original suggestion is a no though. Tongue
We can clean it up a bit and maybe cause less confusion. So if we could come up with a nice one, such as Luke's then sure why not.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Carl - 2015-02-28 23:23

Thumbs up from me Luke, looks much cleaner.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Borja - 2015-02-28 23:25

ITs very good idea, the only problem i found is this:

[Image: 54f24e26cc482-lfs_00000035_zpsuxikkozr.jpg]

That you cant turn "easy" to there

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Luke - 2015-03-01 00:51

Indeed there's no easier way onto that road however, it's not a great junction anyways but, the track config is already nicely laid out almost like a roundabout. Just keep going onto the bridge west and then turn left where you see them hale bales, gets you to the same spot with barely any difference in time Tongue

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Bez - 2015-03-01 02:14

Crashabout will always be a crashabout. I once tried making a roundabout work, but could never really lay it down with the limited objects. It should be easy to make a 4 junction roundabout but the positioning of all the roads kinda make it hard to do so.

Also I need to learn chucks secrets on making a perfect roundabout.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Chuck - 2015-03-01 07:26

I don't see any problem with the current configuration and it's actually a lot better then any previous versions and safer too. It's actually just 2 adjacent T-junctions, nothing else. Nothing complicated, really.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - KooKoo - 2015-03-01 07:31

A roundabout will be much easier and safer in my opinion

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Olli - 2015-03-01 07:44

I'm fine with the current layout, I don't see any problem with it.

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Connor - 2015-03-01 08:51

Luke's suggestion looks very nice, I'd love to go with that as it'll stop people from illegally wrongsiding through there. Also meaning that there'd be less crashes, which is always good to see. Smile

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - B!ll - 2015-03-01 08:54

Layout is alright but the problem is distinguishing main and secondary roads, and thus of the related right of way. Of course, the vast majority of drivers right of way is ignored.

[Image: TCjamaicajunction2.jpg]
  • Main roads
  • Secondary roads (You must give a way for cars on main road)

RE: Change this very part of the Jamaica track layout - Owl - 2015-03-01 09:15

It is a nice suggestion but why can't we just have a straight road where there is 2 t junctions either side