[TC] Gaming Forums
Kyoto RB parking problem - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Kyoto RB parking problem (/showthread.php?tid=17358)

Kyoto RB parking problem - kon4a - 2015-05-09 15:19

Yesterday I spent like at least half an hour trying to tell people that parking on the yellow lines in the RB is not allowed, as well as on road behind the lines or in grass in corners, etc.. At least 10 people over that time were constantly ignoring what I said and some went for a lap and kept parking in the same place again, so I thought maybe TC might edit the layout, so it would be literally impossible to park there? Everyone seems to ignore the parking lot right next to the RB and parking int the RB causes crashes most of the time. This might help, at least until the overhead RB or a bridge gets implemented...

EDIT: Yeah, I just noticed the track has been changed, so this can be deleted, I guess?

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - Warped - 2015-05-09 15:38

Just call the police, and they will sort it out.

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - kon4a - 2015-05-09 15:42

(2015-05-09 15:38)Warped Wrote:  Just call the police, and they will sort it out.

I was Copping at that time and tried to sort it out, BP was also on the server and made a banner on-screen appear which said that it's not allowed to park there, but everyone seemed more entertained and not giving a carp about me telling everyone to move to the parking space. Some people did move, but most kept on parking behind, in front of me and pretty much just getting annoying and making fun of me for telling them to move Biggrin

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - BP - 2015-05-09 15:43

Multiple people were parking on those hatchings and it was frankly taking the mick. I ended up pitlaning people who were doing it (as well as saying not to in the chat), because it's quite silly when there's a designated parking area a few metres away.

It's also simply parking on the road, people do drive over the hatchings and they're allowed to.

I never noticed the problem before, I think the yellow hatchings actually attracted people...

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - KooKoo - 2015-05-09 15:54

Opinion: there should be a rule about it. Like server rule & they can be warned/kicked for it. But maybe thats too much. Up to you really.

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - kon4a - 2015-05-09 15:55

There are rules about parking, but they only say you can get fined. There's nothing about leaving the spot on request and getting back to it right after that. And I believe none of the COPs would like to sit in the same place and keep telling people not to park there Biggrin

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - BP - 2015-05-09 15:57

(2015-05-09 15:54)KooKoo Wrote:  Opinion: there should be a rule about it. Like server rule & they can be warned/kicked for it. But maybe thats too much. Up to you really.

Server Rules Wrote:1.2. Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately.

This includes negligent and reckless driving, provoking accidents, for example blocking the track, doing stunts or doughnuts on the road and so on.

I did kick 1 user who did it after so many (general) indications not to.

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - kon4a - 2015-05-09 16:05

My point was that people parking there cause nuisance for the RB users, and pretty much need admin attention all the time, as people simply don't seem to get that they can't park there. Even if it might add fun to COPping, it can get really annoying (as yesterday). That's why I offered to make the spot unusable for parking. At least as far as the bridge or the overhead RB are not in place, there are more than enough objects to be used to secure this place, just by adding more armcos, or moving the existing ones, plus adding some armcos after that area, so people wouldn't park further down the AB, as many did when I asked not to park on the yellow lines (and road in general).

RE: Kyoto RB parking problem - James - 2015-05-09 16:31

You have to take the bad and crap jobs as a COP as well as the chases. It may be a COP and robber server, it is the job of the COP "in general" to give an infraction to users who break the rules of the road. Whether that be: They are parking in the wrong place, wrong way driving etc. When they dont listen to you for blocking the road and wont move, use !TC right ?

I agree, people parking on the yellow hatchings and people who stop on the hatchings after being pulled over has caused me to swerve when they pull back out without looking.

It does add a little something something to the server though.

Ok, now that I read it back. My post isn't supporting or suggesting their removal, it is more a gripe to how people don't look lol If they looked, I don't think I would have much of an issue with it.