[TC] Gaming Forums
A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: A mild irritation, what to do about it? (/showthread.php?tid=17776)

A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Marty - 2015-06-05 08:33

Hello everyone,

As you all may know, I regularly play as a MED on TC.
It's a very nice role to play, but sometimes it is a bit of a pain.

It very often happens that when you arrive at a scene, somebody else is helping already, and wont move when you ask them to, for reasons unknown to me.
I often put !caution up and start helping the crashed or stuck fella, but the not MED person is more than often holding me up instead helping me.
Mostly I will ask if they can move because I am playing a role as a MED/RES/TOW, and they arent, but mostly they respond they're their friend and such..
It also happens suddenly someone out of nowhere collides on purpose with the person being towed at 120 kph+, causing a huge crash, endangering others.
(NOTE: I'm not talking about members who are regularly here)

To be honest, I dont really know what to do with it, I believe there is no such rule that I can report them for interfering with my MED work, but what can I do about it? Message !tc or anything else?

I'm happy to hear the answers.

Greetings,

[RDM Marty [MED] Wink

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Ash - 2015-06-05 08:35

As you should be aware from the MED exam (if the question popped up), there is nothing that can be done if someone who is not a MED is helping. You can ask them to leave you to it, but you havent got any more of a right to be there than that other person.

In regards to people smashing into someone at 120kph+, simply report them and we will take the necessary action against them.

Hope that sorta helps.

Ash

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Dizzle - 2015-06-05 08:41

I dont play as MED or TOW (always COP) but I notice the same thing and I could see how it would be annoying. As there are no rules in place for these situations, im not sure anything can be done.

I, for one, would suggest a rule that civilians can not tow other players (just as they cant interfere with police chases) unless there are no TOW or MED's available in the server.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Marty - 2015-06-05 08:47

@Ash: I'm not sure whether the question came up or not, it was some time ago I did the test as well.

@Dizzle: That last rule was something I came up with as well, but, like Ash says, a TOW/MED/RES doesnt have more rights than a normal civilian..
A civilian cant intergfere with anything regarding police (chases and such), so why can they with things regarding MED/TOW things?

I actually was thinking of giving MEDs/RESs/TOWs more right regarding towing people, since they often have more experience with it than a civilian. When I play as a civilian I keep out of towing actions (apart from when people ask me to), since I dont have !caution available and a High-Viz skin.

It's especially an annoyance when you push a car in a certain way to get a good run up, but somebody else pushes it the wrong side again, which delays it even more.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - James - 2015-06-05 15:50

Open for a rant about butt hurt because of terrible TOW/MED/RES units

But aside from that gripe. If you cant "get the job done" move onto something else. Or if needs be, take off the tags and cruise or cop. I don't see a need for a new rule or anything else to be put in place personally.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Marty - 2015-06-05 16:06

[Image: latest?cb=20150201124742]

Uhh... I can get the job done, I am only suggesting it, since to me it seems like doing it on your own sometimes is way faster than 2/3 cars "footballing" with a car...

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Dizzle - 2015-06-05 16:11

Never have I had experience with a TOW beating my car to death. Its always been the psychotic civilians that ram me to death.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - bowler - 2015-06-05 16:27

I would agree to this idea it does get annoying when people dont move need a system like cops. And james not everybody who is med/res/tow has had there cop rights revoked

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Marty - 2015-06-05 17:10

(2015-06-05 16:11)Dizzle Wrote:  Never have I had experience with a TOW beating my car to death. Its always been the psychotic civilians that ram me to death.

+1 (And no, that doesnt mean that I say I'm perfect, I make mistakes as well.)

And in my experience, when I roll over, in general, MEDs/TOWs/RESs tow a lot better than some civilians 'trying' to help.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Dan - 2015-06-05 20:33

(2015-06-05 15:50)James Wrote:  [..] who would do more damage than good because they are terrible because they want a quick way to make money [..]

[..] poke and prod me for money the minute[..]

You're making it sound like response units (med/res/tow) are distributed money by the InSim for their job. It's down to the player who is being towed whether they want to donate to them. Putting a role play tag in (aside from cop) doesn't earn you money, therefore it's no "quick way to make money".

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Juntu - 2015-06-05 21:36

I like how James is here ranting instead of actually playing in the server and seeing how good the tows and meds are nowadays, Marty (and Yukine) especially..

Would support more rights for towing to Meds/Res as they are roles with tests too.. TOW could stay with civil rights.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - RedJohn - 2015-06-05 22:41

This would've been a great solution to your problem , if it was possible Tongue

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Owl - 2015-06-06 08:52

(2015-06-05 22:41)RedJohn Wrote:  This would've been a great solution to your problem , if it was possible Tongue

Lol

(2015-06-05 21:36)Juntu Wrote:  Would support more rights for towing to Meds/Res as they are roles with tests too.. TOW could stay with civil rights.

Totally agree with this,

As we all know, in real life Medics, Fire + Rescue and Cops always have right of way while responding to a call and they also have the right to stop a civilian from helping at the scene unless it is a first aider, I thought TC would realize this fact and give Meds/Res more rights, meaning that we do get a right of way and we don't lose money for (speeding whilst) responding to a call.

In the UK, all the emergency services have equal rights and work together. That's because the emergency services here are HM Emergency Services (Her Majesty's).

Another solution could be, instating a rule saying if there is a COP/MED/RES on scene, civilians are not allowed to help, if a MED/RES was on the scene, there should be an option in the SOS Menu for "Civilian(s) interfering with an SOS call", that could make life easier.

As for Tow, like Juntu said, they are CIVILIANS doing a CIVILIAN job with a TOW tag on. (In fact, they could get a monthly wage depending on how many tows they had completed that month Tongue)

Just my 2 cents

~Skoda

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - KooKoo - 2015-06-06 10:52

I totally agree with you, MED/RES should recieve more rights.

If the point is to make it more realistic, then only MED/RES can help a person, unless there is no MED/RES online.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - Owl - 2015-06-06 10:54

(2015-06-06 10:52)KooKoo Wrote:  I totally agree with you, MED/RES should recieve more rights.

If the point is to make it more realistic, then only MED/RES can help a person, unless there is no MED/RES online.

Yes, that's what I mean, of course there are many other things I can suggest about the MED/RES role however that can be saved for another time.

RE: A mild irritation, what to do about it? - BP - 2015-06-06 10:55

Life is full of these mild irritations but with no solutions.

KooKoo Wrote:If the point is to make it more realistic, then only MED/RES can help a person, unless there is no MED/RES online.

What if the MED/RES is struggling on his/her own? If they're AFK? Or otherwise engaged?

Should stay as it is. If a lot of MED/RES are already on scene, and there's this one civilian who is clearly making things worse despite people's requests for him to stop, he'd obviously get dealt with.