[TC] Gaming Forums
.VOB Change - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: .VOB Change (/showthread.php?tid=18005)

.VOB Change - xXtimefliesXx - 2015-06-16 08:05

.VOB change is easily ban able. But I have a question about it. Could I change just a little detail like the color of my license plate etc. little things that wont matter without getting banned? and if not why can people add window stickers to there windows to ruin there visibility but I can't change the color of my license plate?

RE: .VOB Change - Borja - 2015-06-16 08:26

What you are saying , its because the people ( and me ) have another .dds files , but this isnt the .vob files friend

Here you got some .dds that you can use because this dont give more advantage than other users

RE: .VOB Change - Tibe - 2015-06-16 09:02

Borja, changing your license plates color requires a .VOB modification..

RE: .VOB Change - Borja - 2015-06-16 09:14

(2015-06-16 09:02)Tibe Wrote:  Borja, changing your license plates color requires a .VOB modification..

Oh , yes ? I never know it , never tried to change it , sorry and thanks Tibe. But most of the people ( adding stickers /... ) its because change the .dds file

RE: .VOB Change - Dan - 2015-06-16 09:50

Simply, no.

RE: .VOB Change - Venom - 2015-06-16 11:55

I was thinking the same, you could try and test it on any other server, if it kicks you for joos error. If it won't, it shouldn't make any harm to other players here Wink.

RE: .VOB Change - Dan - 2015-06-16 12:42

(2015-06-16 11:55)Venom Wrote:  I was thinking the same, you could try and test it on any other server, if it kicks you for joos error. If it won't, it shouldn't make any harm to other players here Wink.

Not all VOB mods are detected by LFS. I've dealt with people actively using such mods while playing on our sever.

RE: .VOB Change - Venom - 2015-06-16 16:10

(2015-06-16 12:42)Dan Wrote:  
(2015-06-16 11:55)Venom Wrote:  I was thinking the same, you could try and test it on any other server, if it kicks you for joos error. If it won't, it shouldn't make any harm to other players here Wink.

Not all VOB mods are detected by LFS. I've dealt with people actively using such mods while playing on our sever.

Some of these undetected mods can be mods which don't affect the physical model (position of wheel, colision, etc..), therefore these should be allowed IMO. If you want to take away the ability to use a mod which edits a car, but doesn't harm other players in any way, go ahead.

RE: .VOB Change - Dan - 2015-06-16 16:12

If LFS was designed to allow these modifications, they would have designed a GUI to allow you to customise these elements. However, this doesn't exist, therefore the vehicle object files should be retained.

RE: .VOB Change - Bez - 2015-06-16 16:14

Venom some .VOB mods allow you to connect online but have a totally different shape to the original car. This causes horrible crashes with other cars, leading to other players being sent flying around the place.

This is why they are simply forbidden to be used on our servers and anyone caught using them will be dealt with harshly.

RE: .VOB Change - Ras - 2015-06-16 16:14

Any modifications to the game that involves touching the vob files the slightest are not allowed. Simple as that.

It would be a mess if we started allowing some modifications and not others.

RE: .VOB Change - Venom - 2015-06-17 16:32

(2015-06-16 16:14)Bez Wrote:  Venom some .VOB mods allow you to connect online but have a totally different shape to the original car. This causes horrible crashes with other cars, leading to other players being sent flying around the place.

This is why they are simply forbidden to be used on our servers and anyone caught using them will be dealt with harshly.

I know that exactly, thats what there is JOOS car error for (as well all VOB mods allow you to play online). I haven't got any experience myself, but if the author won't do any change to physical model as I already said, there could either still be the JOOS car error, which would signify a different behaviour of the car, or either there might be no error at all if there is no change to the physics behaviour (I'm talking about different wheel position, different car shape, etc..).

RE: .VOB Change - Petsu - 2015-06-17 17:36

doesn't a lot people use the window sticker mod? its .vob..

RE: .VOB Change - Venom - 2015-06-18 09:27

(2015-06-17 17:36)petsu Wrote:  doesn't a lot people use the window sticker mod? its .vob..

Yep, not all .vob mods cause chaos (as I said in my previous posts).

RE: .VOB Change - sezski - 2015-07-13 08:43

Guys, not to interrupt but these posts are kinda off-topic.

By this I mean that this thread was about a number plate not about however many .VOB mods there are out there and however many are detected and not detected by insim.

RE: .VOB Change - Olli - 2015-07-13 10:06

Well, at least the policy regarding .VOB mods has now been made clear enough.

RE: .VOB Change - Toni - 2015-07-13 11:44

(2015-07-13 08:43)DJmad Wrote:  Guys, not to interrupt but these posts are kinda off-topic.

By this I mean that this thread was about a number plate not about however many .VOB mods there are out there and however many are detected and not detected by insim.

Guy, not to interrupt, but i your post was a bump.

By this I mean that this post is useless, and doesnt help anyone.

RE: .VOB Change - sezski - 2015-07-13 11:58

Sorry was on phone. Couldn't see stuff. Had just woken up as well.