[TC] Gaming Forums
LEAS went weird. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: LEAS went weird. (/showthread.php?tid=18631)

Pages: 1 2

LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 21:11

Hi,

I'm not sure what happened, but I was just patrolling the Autobahn on Kyoto.
I was driving along with two other users, both ahead of me, side by side.
The car directly ahead of me was driving slow, but the car on the left suddenly put his foot down. I changed into the other lane to keep an eye on his speed which resulted me overtaking this slower driver.

(I unfortunately don't have any screenshots, so I will describe to the best of my ability)

I was clearly ahead of the slower driver and pulled into his lane directly in front of him while I continued to follow the suspected speeding driver.

The problem happened now where I would look into the LEAS to check his speed, and for some unknown reason, it was showing the speed of the car behind me. No matter how much our distance grew, it wouldn't change to the ahead driver.

I was at least a good 40km ahead of this driver, but the LEAS just simply wouldn't change. Eventually, the car ahead managed to get away by the time the LEAS stopped scanning the behind vehicle.

I hope I'm not the only one who has encountered this, as it is quite frustrating. I would like to recommend a more accurate LEAS so it will only scan the vehicles which are actually ahead of you, instead of behind.

Many thanks,
Tez Smile

RE: LEAS went weird. - KooKoo - 2015-07-20 21:12

This happened because you were !laser(ing) the slow driver, so he [the slow driver] will stay on your tracker for a few more seconds.

I think.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Dan - 2015-07-20 21:16

(2015-07-20 21:12)KooKoo Wrote:  This happened because you were !laser(ing) the slow driver, so he [the slow driver] will stay on your tracker for a few more seconds.

I think.

This. If there was an asterisk (*) in front of the player's name, it will be "glued" to them for a little while, which I think was implemented so if they were speeding, you have time to !chase.

[Image: 697P7w66dn.png]

I think it might be a nice idea if Chuck could change it so that if the person wasn't speeding, it doesn't actually get stuck.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Barney - 2015-07-20 21:16

did u !laser a few times? that "helps" keeping the first car in the tracker, and is actually sometimes helpfull if the suspect is in a group of cars.
then the tracker doesnt switch between all grouped cars, but stays on the one u initially !laser'ed.
also when the suspect suddenly brakechecks to get behind you, u can still !chase him with the current tracking system.
So having a more "accurate" tracker, would also have disadvantages in other scenearios.

RE: LEAS went weird. - KooKoo - 2015-07-20 21:18

I actually like the idea of keeping the tracker on a specific person once you laser them, so when he speeds unexpectedly you can quickly initiate a chase.

Or if he overtakes or gets in between a group of drivers.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 21:18

Yeah, It got stuck on the slower driver. It was that Rafael person. I never actually pushed !laser. I wanted to laser the faster driver, but it simply just wouldn't change.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Dan - 2015-07-20 21:23

(2015-07-20 21:18)KooKoo Wrote:  I actually like the idea of keeping the tracker on a specific person once you laser them, so when he speeds unexpectedly you can quickly initiate a chase.

Yeah, it's good, but my idea was that if the person wasn't speeding, there's no point in gluing them to the LEAS.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 21:24

(2015-07-20 21:23)Dan Wrote:  
(2015-07-20 21:18)KooKoo Wrote:  I actually like the idea of keeping the tracker on a specific person once you laser them, so when he speeds unexpectedly you can quickly initiate a chase.

Yeah, it's good, but my idea was that if the person wasn't speeding, there's no point in gluing them to the LEAS.

+1

RE: LEAS went weird. - KooKoo - 2015-07-20 21:26

(2015-07-20 21:23)Dan Wrote:  

(2015-07-20 21:18)KooKoo Wrote:  so when he speeds unexpectedly you can quickly initiate a chase.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 21:36

(2015-07-20 21:18)KooKoo Wrote:  so when he speeds unexpectedly you can quickly initiate a chase.
[/quote]

I see where you're coming from. But what if (yes i'm basing this on a 'what if') there is someone already speeding (like in my case) and you need to pursue him, but the LEAS is still stuck on the slower moving car?

RE: LEAS went weird. - KooKoo - 2015-07-20 21:37

Don't laser the slow car in the first place? You can see the speed on the tracker before !laser(ing)

(Not trying to sound rude)

RE: LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 21:38

But I never pushed !laser on the slow moving car. This is why I overtook him, so I could laser the car ahead.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Barney - 2015-07-20 21:40

but what IF hes not speeding, but drifting, then the tracker keeps jumping? you need to !lost !chase !lost !chase?
imho it doesnt need a change 'cause if you change one thing, others get worse. cant be perfect for all situations and is currently working fine 99% of all cases

RE: LEAS went weird. - KooKoo - 2015-07-20 21:41

I got this whole suggestion opposite, I thought you meant that if we !laser, it should not stay stuck on them, according to what I've read in the first post.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 21:43

Yeah, I haven't really explained properly. I didn't actually !laser anything. I wanted to check the faster cars speed so I overtook the slower driver. But the LEAS wouldn't show any other car, but the car behind me. It's as if it froze.

Server could of had a lag spike, or what?

RE: LEAS went weird. - KooKoo - 2015-07-20 21:45

Never encountered this, sorry. Maybe it's a new bug or lag?

RE: LEAS went weird. - Dan - 2015-07-20 21:48

You must have done, there's no way it can happen, it's never happened before and I doubt it can be reproduced.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 22:05

I'm telling you, I did not use !laser at all. I always look at the LEAS before using that bind.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Olli - 2015-07-20 22:10

At what time did that happen? I could check the chatlogs.

RE: LEAS went weird. - Tezz - 2015-07-20 22:20

I can't actually remember. I literally pulled over the second it happened and came here.