[TC] Gaming Forums
Use another account when i got banned - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Use another account when i got banned (/showthread.php?tid=18778)

Use another account when i got banned - Timmyh30 - 2015-07-28 12:32

Hey! If i got banned! Can i buy a new game and play one the same server again?

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Olli - 2015-07-28 12:36

No, using another account to evade a ban isn't allowed.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Borja - 2015-07-28 13:30

Please , think a bit, if you buy another acc and play, its like in the banned acc, the admins remove the ban no?
do you think that the admins want to make u spend money on accs?

Good luck with the ban Smile , hope to see you at roads

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Toni - 2015-07-28 13:38

And the award for the most stupid question ever, goes to the OP.

No hard feelings

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Carl - 2015-07-28 13:42

This guy is a genius.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Leon - 2015-07-28 14:13

(2015-07-28 13:38)Toni Wrote:  And the award for the most stupid question ever, goes to the OP.

No hard feelings

Then you should be awarded for the most stupid and pointless answer.

He posted a genuine question and you're ridiculing him for it. It's completely uncalled for.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Sebas - 2015-07-28 15:07

(2015-07-28 12:32)Timmyh30 Wrote:  Hey! If i got banned! Can i buy a new game and play one the same server again?

Timmy, buying a new account to "evade" your current ban goes against server rules.

1.10. Do not exploit any bugs within LFS or InSim.
If you take notice of one, contact an administrator. Don't try to cheat or abuse the system.

If you were to do it and admins were to find out, you would most likely end up being permanently banned from TC servers.

If you got banned, you deserved it. Sit it out and wait for it to be finished. Its only a game after all, there's no need to abuse the system for it. Do something else while your ban expires. Try going outside, it's great there.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Deaky - 2015-07-28 19:26

As others said, you can't. But while you are waiting for your ban to end, you can read rules really carefully so you will never get banned again! Smile

+1 with leon, was not so clever

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Olli - 2015-07-28 20:32

Seriously, every one of us has been new to [TC] at some point, not exactly knowing how everything works. It's always good to ask for advice. I hope that I won't have to witness no more arrogant comments directed at a newcomer.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - KooKoo - 2015-07-28 21:21

No but during your ban you could read over the rules and know what to do in the future. Hope to see you soon.

+1 leon

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Chuck - 2015-07-29 05:54

(2015-07-28 15:07)Sebas Wrote:  Timmy, buying a new account to "evade" your current ban goes against server rules.

If you take notice of one, contact an administrator. Don't try to cheat or abuse the system.

Sorry, but I see no relation between *that* rule and ban evasion. Banning people who are evading their punishment is merely the enforcement of the already given penalty.
It also doesn't require any rule either as it has nothing to do with someone's behaviour, its admin work.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Owl - 2015-07-29 06:19

(2015-07-29 05:54)Chuck Wrote:  
(2015-07-28 15:07)Sebas Wrote:  Timmy, buying a new account to "evade" your current ban goes against server rules.

Sorry, but I see no relation between *that* rule and ban evasion. Banning people who are evading their punishment is merely the enforcement of the already given penalty.
It also doesn't require any rule either as it has nothing to do with someone's behaviour, its admin work.

He would be effectively cheating the system if he bought a new account

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Chuck - 2015-07-29 08:27

Cheating would mean he'd be getting an unfair advantage over others. Like earning money. That's the idea behind that rule. If all he does is simply playing on our server, there is no actual advantage over others.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Owl - 2015-07-29 08:55

(2015-07-29 08:27)Chuck Wrote:  Cheating would mean he'd be getting an unfair advantage over others.
He would be, other people who are banned can't play on the server yet he would supposedly be banned and playing on the server still with another account. Do yo get what I mean or am I talking rubbish. Tongue

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Chuck - 2015-07-29 09:33

I see your point, but you simply cannot take any rule and bend it to fit your needs.
Yes, we ban people who evade bans, but not for the reason they evaded or cheated or broke another rule, but for the reason the initial ban was issued.
That's rather a convention of how punishments are applied, rather than a actual rule that was broken.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - KooKoo - 2015-07-29 09:41

If someone got banned for bankruptcy & returns with a new account, is it considered evading a ban or not?

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Chuck - 2015-07-29 10:46

It's not. The ban in this case is not an actual punishment, it's a rather a system protection. The ban is issued permanent to establish a dialogue with that person, so we can make sure they know what they did wrong and prevent that from happening in future.
If someone learns that lesson by buying a new account, so be it.

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Timmyh30 - 2015-07-29 12:59

Thanks guys for the help! I got 2 more questions. The first is... My brother got an account on lfs! If he play on my computer he got the same IP right? How can he tell the admin thats he and not me who playing so he dont got banned for that?

And the 2 is... How can i see how long time i got banned?

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Carl - 2015-07-29 13:17

Here is banlist, username sorted by alphabetical order. That is the only method I know, not sure if there is another way

http://urs.city-driving.co.uk/banlist.php

RE: Use another account when i got banned - Luke - 2015-07-29 13:57

(2015-07-29 12:59)Timmyh30 Wrote:  Thanks guys for the help! I got 2 more questions. The first is... My brother got an account on lfs! If he play on my computer he got the same IP right? How can he tell the admin thats he and not me who playing so he dont got banned for that?

Unfortunately, your account is your responsibility. That's a policy that's has been strictly taken into account of the last few years.

Even if your brother apologized, It's highly unlikely anything will change. I would just suggest you learn from your mistakes (in this case, don't let your brother mess around on your account Wink) and wait out your ban (if it's not permanent, in that case an unban request/appeal would be appropriate)

E: Mis-read what you said, ignore that Biggrin