[TC] Gaming Forums
New COP System require improvements. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New COP System require improvements. (/showthread.php?tid=20109)

New COP System require improvements. - Adorable - 2015-11-01 16:19

Well, Probably it isn't just me, I was chasing Angel and he managed to trick us and went into the safe zone and was doing a pitstop, I went back @HW1, then I was in the SZ1 Entry and bom, Lost contact with Suspect.

I wonder how I lost contact with him while 3 Cops were parking near him and his car was @0 km/h and was in the process of repairing his car / adding fuel.

The distance between the robber & COPs need to be made longer.

Honestly, I find the old system working so much better than the current one.

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Ph4nToM - 2015-11-01 19:28

I have also noticed that if your suspects goes into SZ2 and you decide to keep up with him from main road, the green dots starts appearing as if you lost track of him. Meanwhile he is 3 meter away from you.

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Dizzle - 2015-11-01 20:18

As it has been explain several times, the old system will not work on the new Westhill.

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Adorable - 2015-11-01 22:25

(2015-11-01 20:18)Dizzle Wrote:  As it has been explain several times, the old system will not work on the new Westhill.

How about sticking with the old system in all the tracks except Westhill?

Or just improving the current one?

Or maybe to raise the allowed distance between the COP and the suspect if: COP1 isn't far from the suspect and is at the range of 150meters for example ?

So COP2 won't lose the chase if he have to go back and enter the pitlane like what happened with my case.

RE: New COP System require improvements. - KooKoo - 2015-11-03 09:13

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who lost his suspect when they were in the safezone while I was on the highway.

+1 on this. The cop system needs improvements, but I don't see that happening any time soon.. Sad

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Ash - 2015-11-03 10:12

Unfortunately the insim will remain in its current state for a little while whilst Elmo and/or Pete manage to work with the code and make these improvements.

Believe me, this is one on the 'to-do' list Smile

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Ph4nToM - 2015-11-03 10:45

I can't imagine the complexity of making an insim like this work. Surely not going to complain here.

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Adorable - 2015-11-08 15:20

Thanks Ash for your reply

This happened today:

[Image: 2015_11_08_15_59_29_376.jpg]

My suspect was Bez, look at the distance between me & him. but the green dots which indicates that i'm losing contact? D:

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Ash - 2015-11-08 15:27

Im guessing the insim detected him being on the border of Main Street and the safe zone. If it was on Main Street, the insim would imagine you having to drive across the correct paths to be behind him. Therefore looking like you are loosing contact... If you understand what im trying to say? Smile

RE: New COP System require improvements. - Zykel - 2015-11-08 18:57

(2015-11-01 16:19)Mr.AD Wrote:  Honestly, I find the old system working so much better than the current one.
+1 i like this comment.