[TC] Gaming Forums
Crowd Funding - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Crowd Funding (/showthread.php?tid=20299)

Crowd Funding - sezski - 2015-11-16 09:17

So I was thinking that for lfs, we could add a crowd funding type button that only works in a safe zone, maybe in the Home drop down button? I just thought that it would be a cool idea to put down and see what you guys thought. Maybe just to buy a new car sort of thing where you have a menu and can pitch what you need the money for and then others can help with that.

Please, feel free to add things to this.

RE: Crowd Funding - Barney - 2015-11-16 09:46

no ty. most people have enough money anyways. also the whole idea of crowdfunding is often to get something back when the goal is achived. how to do that? or do you want it implemented only in a way of "nicely" begging? or more like a credit wich will be payed back?
not really detailed your suggestion. either way: too much work for too less profit and no plus in gameplay. on top of it all:

(2015-11-03 10:12)Ash Wrote:  Unfortunately the insim will remain in its current state for a little while whilst Elmo and/or Pete manage to work with the code [...]

RE: Crowd Funding - sezski - 2015-11-16 10:05

I didn't detail it because I was busy so I couldn't, I will edit it soon, otherwise. It doesn't have to be done now, does it? It was simply a "Suggestion" in the "Suggestions" thread. If you don't like it, you can just say, you don't have to go into detail about my every mistake.

RE: Crowd Funding - Barney - 2015-11-16 10:27

i dont like it.

RE: Crowd Funding - Connor - 2015-11-16 11:27

As Barney said, seems like a 'nicer' way of begging for money. They can always cruise in a slower car, works for me; works for most people.

Can't say I like the idea.

RE: Crowd Funding - Borja - 2015-11-16 13:16

The idea its good , but i dont like for our servers , Djmad.

I understand it as a money credit , so im sure that lot of users (and for example new users) will have fastly cars without knowing the rules.

So , -1 here

RE: Crowd Funding - Pete - 2015-11-16 13:22

Simply not worth the effort in my opinion.

RE: Crowd Funding - sezski - 2015-11-16 15:20

Okay guys. I just thought that maybe it might help some people out, didn't mean for it to sound like it did; "people begging for money and all" but yeah, I just thought that maybe it might be considered or something. Thanks for the opinions.

RE: Crowd Funding - Owl - 2015-11-16 15:34

(2015-11-16 13:16)Borja Wrote:  The idea its good , but i dont like for our servers , Djmad.

I understand it as a money credit , so im sure that lot of users (and for example new users) will have fastly cars without knowing the rules.

So , -1 here

What Borja said is absolutely spot on, this will enable New Users to gain faster cars more quickly without having the greatest idea of knowing what the rules are. This will encourage more hassle on the servers, it could end up being what CLC had (but fortunately to stop this from carrying on, they had enforced a system where you had to start on maximum handicap when you bought a car and to get rid of the air intake restriction and added weight, you had to buy and drive your way through to having no handicap).

RE: Crowd Funding - Cam - 2015-11-16 15:48

People should earn their own money to buy their own cars.

RE: Crowd Funding - Carl - 2015-11-16 16:19

Crowdfunding is used in real life when an individual can't afford to fight a cause/ pay for something they need, so people help by donating. Why would you want to take the fun of making money out of the game?

Just my 2 cents.

RE: Crowd Funding - Mr.GBR - 2015-11-16 17:43

Absolutely pointless, sorry but people for one have enough money as it is and the crowdfunding idea is something for when REAL PEOPLE fight for a REAL CAUSE not a cause for like buying a virtual CAR in a game that is VIRTUAL. Keep it real life people! Also, it is really a glorified way of saying i'm going to beg for this today and the next day another thing etc...