[TC] Gaming Forums
Some ideas - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Some ideas (/showthread.php?tid=20387)

Some ideas - Dale - 2015-11-24 22:22

hello all, so I've been thinking past week or so whilst copping and i have 2 suggestions, 1 is a rule, the other is a insim improvement, so here we go...

1st, I'll start with the new rule, so as all cops know when on Westhill when you're chasing people more than likely they will do a jump somewhere where you have no hope in hell jumping, so i think that there needs to be a rule so that no one can do jumps while in chase to make it fairer for the cops.

2nd, When you're in chase for a while and a few cops leave or loose suspect you often find your self wondering who's cop 1 etc... so i was wondering if there was a chance to have another box just simply stating if you're cop 1,2,3 or 4 in a chase, this will make it easier for cops to know what role they have especially if attempting a BOX.

feel free to comment and stuff Smile

(ps, sorry if these have been suggested before)

RE: some idea's - Jacob - 2015-11-24 22:43

Hello,
here is my opinoin Wink

Yeah, it would be good. I don´t like these kinds of chases, but... You can´t stop it with just creating a new rule (they wil keep doing it even it is forbidden = more reports, more unfriendly environment, more work for admins). If you want to STOP it, then there must be placed a static object, but it will destroy the great look of the grassy parts of the track.

You have +1 from me. I always wonder if i am a COP1 or 2, then i call BU and real COP1 say "wtf?"

RE: some idea's - Dale - 2015-11-24 22:46

yeah i know first one is abit of a problem, but it makes it un-enjoyable as a cop because of all the people jumping, in the last 2 days alone I've probably lost 10 chases to people doing jumps i cant follow

RE: some idea's - Borja - 2015-11-24 22:52

(2015-11-24 22:43)Iacob Wrote:  Hello,
here is my opinoin Wink

If you want to STOP it, then there must be placed a static object, but it will destroy the great look of the grassy parts of the track.

For 2 , its a great idea , i like it and it can help more on the organisation of chases

RE: some idea's - Carl - 2015-11-24 22:53

Despite the rule idea being a bit of a problem, I suppose the rule could be added and then for restriction zones to be added in the areas where you shouldn't drive whilst in a chase if that is possible with the insim. I also find that when people take chases onto the closed karting tracks, but I guess nothing can be done.

As for the other idea, I can't see any downsides to that.

RE: some idea's - Jacob - 2015-11-24 22:57

(2015-11-24 22:46)Lyrinx Wrote:  in the last 2 days alone I've probably lost 10 chases to people doing jumps i cant follow

Me too, especialy if they drive RB4 which has a big advantage on dirt/grass. If my suspect turns into this kind of driving i immediately do !lost and save my nerves. Wink Idc about losing chases since that time they canceled COPs score (win/loss). It is also good to know who you want to chase...i chase only certain type of ppl and i am happy. Smile

RE: some idea's - sezski - 2015-11-25 10:49

+1 The insim needs to change a little bit. Should make it easier to know who is cop 1 and cop 2 ect.
I also find that the new rule idea is good as some jumps can make you go oob and if the cop does the jump, he/she could fail and flip.

RE: some idea's - Dracula - 2015-11-25 10:50

I personally doubt a rule being applied for your first suggestion is very likely, as it would be very difficult to enforce, and would result in a very large increase in forum reports and issues on the server between suspects and the police.

I would agree with Iacob, in that if we were going to do anything to try solve the issue, it would be via placement of static objects to prevent an incident happening in the first place, not rule enforcement after the incident takes place.

As for the second suggestion, I like it and agree it should be a feature. :]

RE: some idea's - BP - 2015-11-25 13:21

Lyrinx Wrote:2nd, When you're in chase for a while and a few cops leave or loose suspect you often find your self wondering who's cop 1 etc... so i was wondering if there was a chance to have another box just simply stating if you're cop 1,2,3 or 4 in a chase, this will make it easier for cops to know what role they have especially if attempting a BOX.

In this case, the cop at the front blocks the suspect's front, cop 2 and 3 blocks the suspect's sides and cop 4 blocks the rear.

In terms of calling backup, it is generally common courtesy to leave it to the person who's been in the chase the longest.

This "Cop X" stuff is a bit ambiguous because it potentially refers to the location of the cop in relation to the chase and also how long they've been in the chase.

RE: Some ideas - Elmo - 2015-11-25 20:28

1) We can't have a rule that prevents chases from going places that aren't clearly out of bounds.
More well-placed objects are probably the only solution for now.

2) When performing tactical manoeuvres, it's all about where the cops are physically relative to eachother and the suspect. Who joined when and for how long is completely irrelevant.

Ideally, backup should be called by whoever is in the best position to know the overall chase situation. This is typically either the cop who's been in the contact for the longest, or the lead cop (whoever's closest behind the suspect).

I suppose, in theory, the InSim could display who's been in contact the longest but that's only part of the story. It certainly can't decide who's in the best position to make the call.

RE: Some ideas - Barney - 2015-11-25 21:06

we should just publish a list off ppl not to be chased Tongue
i actually remember people doing this and just dont chase em at all and mostly tell other cops aswell. sooner or later karma will strike back anyway xD
nothing that can be prevented really. especially westhill. on all other tracks not really a big problem. even the easy jump on KY has been blocked and all fun ramps in stuntzone been removed... no need for a change imho.

(2015-11-25 20:28)Elmo Wrote:  I suppose, in theory, the InSim could display who's been in contact the longest but that's only part of the story.

Yes, but the major part. prolly over 95% having a guess xD cant even remember the few times i called bu not being the longest in chase. And exactly thats why its a good suggestion to at least display cop 1(longest in chase).
I know its not a rule, but strongly respected by almost all cops. and it does get quite confusing sometimes when a lot join and lose a chase.

The other (tiny) part is indeed when cop 1(time) is far behind and the cop1(distance) decides to call. but that wouldnt get disturbed only cuz its somewhere displayed.

This cop 1&2 thingy realted to either location or time is imho one of the most misunderstood things anyway. could need a tutorial on its own lol

+1 to display longest in chase

RE: Some ideas - Roy - 2015-11-25 21:19

As said above, cop 1 and cop 2 isn't a rule, but it's maintained by a lot of the experienced cops. When people start calling backup while they are not cop 1 is annoying, if its not discussed. So for me it would be an improvement if somewhere is shown which cop is longest in chase, so cop 1.

+1 For displaying cop 1

RE: Some ideas - KooKoo - 2015-11-30 10:16

Just to add to this, can cops also have the ability to fine drivers who park in crowded pit stop areas? I.E the pitstops at KY on the RB & The ones at Jamaica, Aston

RE: Some ideas - Barney - 2015-11-30 11:19

would class this as "on the road" and not as a sideroad, since its actively used for the stops. so fineable alrdy imho.